BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to ask. Who is going to get at the MDR first? Mil.,LEO, or Civilian?
View Quote

I was on the group buy, but, after reading about the 20% LE/Military discount I decided to contact them about that program. They never responded. I e-mailed them again and they responded that there are only two guys responsible for the program and are very busy and would get back to me. I'm in limbo now waiting for word back from them. Don't know what the actual discount will be or when I can send funds for a pre-order sale. If I don't hear back in another month I may have to get back on the Group Buy to ensure I am even on a pre-order list to get one by Q2.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nope. You will have plenty of other things to worry about though.
View Quote

Care to elaborate with something concrete or is this more cloak and dagger doom and gloom?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was on the group buy, but, after reading about the 20% LE/Military discount I decided to contact them about that program. They never responded. I e-mailed them again and they responded that there are only two guys responsible for the program and are very busy and would get back to me. I'm in limbo now waiting for word back from them. Don't know what the actual discount will be or when I can send funds for a pre-order sale. If I don't hear back in another month I may have to get back on the Group Buy to ensure I am even on a pre-order list to get one by Q2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back on the group buy.  I spoke with the east coast rep on Monday and asked about this.  He explained the LE/Mil discount was originally a limited time thing and while they're discussing bringing it back in some form, it probably won't be for a while, will probably be a different discount, and may not be for all products.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that you can buy the new OSS Suppressor package now.  I've got no interest in the OSS but I'd be interested in knowing more about the hand guard.  I have a couple options for cans that might be fun to run.  Anyone know any details on them?  Coast?  Availability outside of the OSS package?  Inside diameter?

FA
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:05:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't find any info on the barrels? Are they nitrated steel, SS or Chrome lined?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't find any info on the barrels? Are they nitrated steel, SS or Chrome lined?
View Quote

I forget my source for this but I've read recently they're nitrided. I believe it was a post on their FB.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I forget my source for this but I've read recently they're nitrided. I believe it was a post on their FB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then this rifle is a must buy for me. I didn't buy a Tavor because their barrels are not nitrided.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate with something concrete or is this more cloak and dagger doom and gloom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too heavy, too long, poor finish machining, little support, expensive, and loud.  But hey, if you want super secret generation 8 technology.....buy one.  If you know anything about suppressors, the industry, and what all the other companies produce.....you would stay clear.  Read some here. I would bet, 99 to 1, those people buy and mount a baffle type suppressor instead of a wiz bang oss.  There is a reason for that, and its not ignorance of the oss product or a lack of nuance to its awesomeness.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I think I'm going to pass on the MRD. I prefer CLBs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, I lied! I looked up the post on FB. A rep at shotshow is said to have said (how's that for a reputable source) that it is melonite.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wait, I lied! I looked up the post on FB. A rep at shotshow is said to have said (how's that for a reputable source) that it is melonite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha no problem
Melonite and Nitrate are the same. Either way that on top of all the uncertainty I'll stick with the X95 for now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw that you can buy the new OSS Suppressor package now.  I've got no interest in the OSS but I'd be interested in knowing more about the hand guard.  I have a couple options for cans that might be fun to run.  Anyone know any details on them?  Coast?  Availability outside of the OSS package?  Inside diameter?

FA
View Quote

They can be ordered separately for $75.00 and will ship later this summer.  Click on the "Accessories" heading on their website (do not click on one of the menu options, just click on the word "Accessories") and it will be there.  They're sized for the OSS can, so anything with that external dimension or smaller should be fine.  I wouldn't go any larger as you risk a melt event.  Remember, the OSS can rarely gets over about 600F, while normal cans get several hundred degrees F above that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The barrels are melonited (mentioned in several videos from SHOT), and while it wasn't stated what the material will be, I've heard from several sources that they'll be stainless.  1:8 for 5.56, 1:6 for .300BLK, and 1:10 for 7.62x51.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Too heavy, too long, poor finish machining, little support, expensive, and loud.  But hey, if you want super secret generation 8 technology.....buy one.  If you know anything about suppressors, the industry, and what all the other companies produce.....you would stay clear.  Read some here. I would bet, 99 to 1, those people buy and mount a baffle type suppressor instead of a wiz bang oss.  There is a reason for that, and its not ignorance of the oss product or a lack of nuance to its awesomeness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a whole lot of opinion, whining, and just plain closed mindedness in that thread despite OSS answering their questions.  Most of the negativity I've seen regarding OSS cans is more of the "dogpile because it's different" variety than actual first hand, "I installed it on my rifle and despite the claims of being hearing safe it made my ears bleed!" variety.  Also, people are splitting hairs over numbers and claiming they're loud when they don't consider how they test the noise.  Until all suppressors are tested on the same host and in the same climatic conditions (altitude, humidity, temperature, etc.) you'll always have variation.

I also don't buy the argument that it's too long.  Yes, overall length is a bit long, but that's a necessity of the design.  When you look at what it adds to the overall length of the rifle, however, you find that on average it doesn't add much more than any other contemporary suppressor.

And finally, "if I knew..."  Really?  You're resorting to innuendo, hearsay, envy, and outright misinformation to make your point?  Show me facts.  Show me where the quality isn't present in the product.  Show me how the product doesn't live up to it's claims.  Show me how the company is less than ethical and shafts its customers.  Show me the dirt, and I don't want third hand, innuendo, or hearsay, but verifiable facts of something that would make me want to avoid them.  

Maybe history will prove you naysayers correct.  However, what's out there now and the people I've spoken to who have used them paint a different picture.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's a whole lot of opinion, whining, and just plain closed mindedness in that thread despite OSS answering their questions.  Most of the negativity I've seen regarding OSS cans is more of the "dogpile because it's different" variety than actual first hand, "I installed it on my rifle and despite the claims of being hearing safe it made my ears bleed!" variety.  Also, people are splitting hairs over numbers and claiming they're loud when they don't consider how they test the noise.  Until all suppressors are tested on the same host and in the same climatic conditions (altitude, humidity, temperature, etc.) you'll always have variation.

I also don't buy the argument that it's too long.  Yes, overall length is a bit long, but that's a necessity of the design.  When you look at what it adds to the overall length of the rifle, however, you find that on average it doesn't add much more than any other contemporary suppressor.

And finally, "if I knew..."  Really?  You're resorting to innuendo, hearsay, envy, and outright misinformation to make your point?  Show me facts.  Show me where the quality isn't present in the product.  Show me how the product doesn't live up to it's claims.  Show me how the company is less than ethical and shafts its customers.  Show me the dirt, and I don't want third hand, innuendo, or hearsay, but verifiable facts of something that would make me want to avoid them.  

Maybe history will prove you naysayers correct.  However, what's out there now and the people I've spoken to who have used them paint a different picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im all for design innovation, and OSS clearly is that.  What generation are we on now?  But in the real market it doesn't compete well and the apologists who speak for them belittle owners of other suppressors.  We are clearly not nuanced enough to realize how super better good OSS is.  The fact is they are overly long(even though they reflex) and heavy in their complete system (which is needed to be competitive) and that limits the guns they can go on.  And they are still louder...like it or not.  Probably why they are secretive about their numbers.  The sales numbers speak for themselves.  If gun manufactures want to produce special models to allow the fitment of OSS, great, but i see them not staying around long and leaving people high and dry.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you aren't on the group buy now, it's probably too late.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Get back on the group buy.  I spoke with the east coast rep on Monday and asked about this.  He explained the LE/Mil discount was originally a limited time thing and while they're discussing bringing it back in some form, it probably won't be for a while, will probably be a different discount, and may not be for all products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that stinks. I wonder why the guy told me he would get back to me if the discount had ended? I did receive notice about my spot on the Group Buy and was advised to contact them if I wanted back in. I guess I'll do that. Thanks for the heads up about the discount. Or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Im all for design innovation, and OSS clearly is that.  What generation are we on now?  But in the real market it doesn't compete well and the apologists who speak for them belittle owners of other suppressors.  We are clearly not nuanced enough to realize how super better good OSS is.  The fact is they are overly long(even though they reflex) and heavy in their complete system (which is needed to be competitive) and that limits the guns they can go on.  And they are still louder...like it or not.  Probably why they are secretive about their numbers.  The sales numbers speak for themselves.  If gun manufactures want to produce special models to allow the fitment of OSS, great, but i see them not staying around long and leaving people high and dry.  
View Quote

Springfield seems to bring a new generation of their XD out every couple years, but no one ever complains about that.  Other suppressor companies have two or three different lines for the same calibers that were each "the greatest thing" when they were released, but no one complains about that, either.  So what if they're a little longer or perhaps subjectively not as quiet?  They do things that other suppressors either can't or have trouble doing:  lowering the backpressure and thus reducing bolt velocity and wear, and preventing gas from backflowing into the receiver and thus into the shooter's face.  

So long as it's hearing safe for me, I'm fine with it.  The suppressor system does what I'm looking for.  It seems that a lot of the traditional baffle design owners seem threatened by something different and new and thus have to pick it apart.  If it doesn't float their boat, fine, there's no need to pee in someone else's punchbowl over it.  I've read first hand reports from people who have handled the suppressor, shot it on everything from an SBR to a full sized bolt rifle, and their conclusion is that it does what it says, is quiet, efficient, and just plain works.  So for now, I'll take first hand reports over the typical FUD from people who haven't.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

At the moment, it's up in the air what, if any, discount will be offered on the MDR.  The program is currently suspended but according to the regional sales manager, they are looking at bringing it back in a more permanent form, though it may not initially cover all products/rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody know what the price will be with an LEO/Mil discount?

At the moment, it's up in the air what, if any, discount will be offered on the MDR.  The program is currently suspended but according to the regional sales manager, they are looking at bringing it back in a more permanent form, though it may not initially cover all products/rifles.

???  
That didn't last long - what, a month?
It's suspended for ALL rifles, or only the MDR?
AFAIK, they never got to a discount % on the MDR, but the rest of the rifles were supposed to be a single standard discount %.
Any more on this?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

???  
AFAIK, they never got to a discount % on the MDR, but the rest of the rifles were supposed to be a single standard discount %.
Any more on this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

???  
Any more on this?

I didn't press him on the issue, but I think it was only supposed to be a short time offer and the response they received is what prompted them to consider something more permanent.  I don't think the MDR was included, mainly because it hadn't been released yet.  As for the discount will be, I have no clue.  My experience has me thinking it won't be 20%, but probably something between 10-15% or so.  Still, it's essentially "free money" and is more than many companies do.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4 , if it isnt discounted...not like itll stop me from buying one if i like it..... but it would be nice
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
IF these show up before the 41F deadline are any of you going to Form 1 it and worry about the mdr-c configuration later?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IF these show up before the 41F deadline are any of you going to Form 1 it and worry about the mdr-c configuration later?
View Quote

No.  It doesn't matter whether they're before or after, I have no intention of SBR'ing my MDR.  Ever.  It doesn't make any sense to me to shorten something that's already shorter than most AR SBRs.  The length from the trigger to the end of the barrel on a 16" MDR is less than that of an SBR AR from trigger to end of barrel, so why would I want to give up range and lethality to shave off a few inches?  

The results don't justify it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.  It doesn't matter whether they're before or after, I have no intention of SBR'ing my MDR.  Ever.  It doesn't make any sense to me to shorten something that's already shorter than most AR SBRs.  The length from the trigger to the end of the barrel on a 16" MDR is less than that of an SBR AR from trigger to end of barrel, so why would I want to give up range and lethality to shave off a few inches?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that the barrels of their other rifles RTZ <1 MOA, I don't see a downside to it. A 16" the size of an SBR is awesome, but a 10" the size of a P-90 is really awesome. Adding suppressors makes this more true. This rifle can at least in theory do both with a simple torque wrench. I'd love to have the SBR barrel for HD/close range use, and the 16" for hunting/general use.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Given that the barrels of their other rifles RTZ <1 MOA, I don't see a downside to it. A 16" the size of an SBR is awesome, but a 10" the size of a P-90 is really awesome. Adding suppressors makes this more true. This rifle can at least in theory do both with a simple torque wrench. I'd love to have the SBR barrel for HD/close range use, and the 16" for hunting/general use.

^^^^^Yessss... Exactly how I feel.

The first thing I'm going to when I get home from my dealer is submit the Form 1. I'm going to see if my smith can set me up a barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor for my longer setup. Since I'll likely have well over 4 months to get it ready before my paperwork comes back, should be enough time. I have a feeling the popularity of these rifles will have the aftermarket in a fervor to offer options for contoured barrels in less than 6 months.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The first thing I'm going to when I get home from my dealer is submit the Form 1. I'm going to see if my smith can set me up a barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor for my longer setup. Since I'll likely have well over 4 months to get it ready before my paperwork comes back, should be enough time. I have a feeling the popularity of these rifles will have the aftermarket in a fervor to offer options for contoured barrels in less than 6 months.
View Quote

And where do you plan on getting the gas block for the new barrel?  I don't think they're going to be something DT just tosses up on the parts page...
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got a friend that has a machine shop that builds race car engines. I just have to buy the tooling and the material from him. Plus the obligatory bottle of his favorite whiskey and twelve pack. I'd be willing to bet they will sell them though, if you call. There's lots of things not on the website they sell for the SRS.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my plan as well. The -C model is the most appealing to me. The longer barrel can handle hunting/long range use.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And where do you plan on getting the gas block for the new barrel?  I don't think they're going to be something DT just tosses up on the parts page...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DT has been very friendly to the aftermarket with their other rifles. Selling barrel extensions and other things so that people can have exactly what they want spun up. There is even a .223 kit out for the SRS.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

DT has been very friendly to the aftermarket with their other rifles. Selling barrel extensions and other things so that people can have exactly what they want spun up. There is even a .223 kit out for the SRS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would venture to say that right out of the gates this won't happen.  Why would they sell a part for a minimal cost and undercut the potential to sell a complete barrel?  Down the road, sure, I guess it would happen.  But given that the gas block is the vital part for their own barrels, I wouldn't hold my breath until they've filled all the orders and are doing scheduled production runs to keep the distributors stocked.

I could be wrong...I just don't see them undercutting themselves this soon out of the gates.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would venture to say that right out of the gates this won't happen.  Why would they sell a part for a minimal cost and undercut the potential to sell a complete barrel?  Down the road, sure, I guess it would happen.  But given that the gas block is the vital part for their own barrels, I wouldn't hold my breath until they've filled all the orders and are doing scheduled production runs to keep the distributors stocked.

I could be wrong...I just don't see them undercutting themselves this soon out of the gates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that they're awhile out on delivering even the rifle, let alone SBR kits, let alone non 5.56/7.62 calibers, etc; I concur that it'll likely be a long way down the road before they've moved far enough along in this endeavor to market individual parts. I don't blame them, there are bigger fish to fry and more money to be made with a wider audience with the aforementioned products.

I can't wait for the day the MDR is common, below MSRP, and has plenty of support. I *really* want a 7.62/5.56/SBR'd MDR. Those options alone will give DT almost $4k of my money just in the rifle parts...
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I would love a 10" 300BLK MDR, more so if I could find a great "k" can.  That said, I'd want it as a different rifle than the 16" 7.62, I would just set the two rifles up completely differently.  If the MDR is as great as we all hope it is I will be getting in line again when the 300BLK kits start dropping, and probably go for a Factory SBR.  Maybe even with the new sight that they are offering.  I'm not going to stop playing NFA just because 41F starts...  if anything it encourages me to buy at least once a year

FA
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Talked to a Desert Tech CS REP today.  They can not apply the Mil / Leo discount if you have already ordered.  The guy said he can cancel the order but there would be a restocking fee then apply the discount to a new order putting you at the bottom of the order list :( .  He did not confirm what or how much the discount for Mil / Leo is, but said "it's not really worth it".  

THAT"S a huge disappointment.  After they talked it up and said they could do it.  It went from them saying that it would be 10% to 20%, to not being worth it when taking the restocking fee into account?  Sounded like the guy was a little, I don't know how to handle this...  in any case.  A bummer.

FA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Talked to a Desert Tech CS REP today.  They can not apply the Mil / Leo discount if you have already ordered.  The guy said he can cancel the order but there would be a restocking fee then apply the discount to a new order putting you at the bottom of the order list :( .  He did not confirm what or how much the discount for Mil / Leo is, but said "it's not really worth it".  

THAT"S a huge disappointment.  After they talked it up and said they could do it.  It went from them saying that it would be 10% to 20%, to not being worth it when taking the restocking fee into account?  Sounded like the guy was a little, I don't know how to handle this...  in any case.  A bummer.

FA

From bullpupforum.com

Gents,
My name is Russ Wallis.  I'm the Vice President of International, Military and LE Sales here at Desert Tech.  Nick, my Operations Manager just came to me about the previous post.  I need to clarify some things.  

Desert Tech does not do discounted sales as a norm to Prior Military and LE.  This would circumvent our loyal dealers and we are not in the business of doing that, nor do we have the man power in my division to keep up with that demand.  There were some guys who took advantage of a year end Mil/LE sale that I had and we are wrapping up the MDR portion of that now.

If you are Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement, feel free to contact me directly and I can work with you once certain requirements are met.  

If you are Prior Duty, please contact one of our many dealers and see if they do a Mil/LE discount.

Respectfully,
    Russ Wallis
    [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Just ordered the 7.62x51 in FDE, estimated delivery is 1 June 16, hopefully that is correct, or at least close.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

From bullpupforum.com

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA

From bullpupforum.com

Gents,
My name is Russ Wallis.  I'm the Vice President of International, Military and LE Sales here at Desert Tech.  Nick, my Operations Manager just came to me about the previous post.  I need to clarify some things.  

Desert Tech does not do discounted sales as a norm to Prior Military and LE.  This would circumvent our loyal dealers and we are not in the business of doing that, nor do we have the man power in my division to keep up with that demand.  There were some guys who took advantage of a year end Mil/LE sale that I had and we are wrapping up the MDR portion of that now.

If you are Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement, feel free to contact me directly and I can work with you once certain requirements are met.  

If you are Prior Duty, please contact one of our many dealers and see if they do a Mil/LE discount.

Respectfully,
    Russ Wallis
    [email protected]

I'm pretty sure that is the guy that told me my info, I'll email him again directly.  He was very clear that he would not apply the military discount to a rifle already purchased in their ordering system.  I'll email him and ask him to explain the program.  I'm not interested in going to the back of the line or begging for a hand out.  However, this is going to start making people mad if the double talk continues.  

FA
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone have any word on the release yet?  I got an email update from my gun shop that I have to use.  It only said that they are expecting a release 2Q.

FA
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone have any word on the release yet?  I got an email update from my gun shop that I have to use.  It only said that they are expecting a release 2Q.

FA
View Quote

Still "Q2".  That could be as early as the beginning of April or the end of June.  I'm hopeful despite the naysayers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#38]
So...  13 days?  I mean I think planing on April 1 is foolish  and April 2nd & 3rd are the weekend...  So, April 4th for the earliest that my email will tell me I have a 3 hour drive in my future?

Nothing but wild speculation here, but it sure beats re-reading the old posts.

FA
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So...  13 days?  I mean I think planing on April 1 is foolish  and April 2nd & 3rd are the weekend...  So, April 4th for the earliest that my email will tell me I have a 3 hour drive in my future?

FA
View Quote

If you really want an MDR, I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll be released on 4/1, or even 4/4...Plan for late May or June is my guess, and if they don't make that date then we'll see the same videos of Hitler when he found out about the ACR repurposed for DT and the MDR...
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:44:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Let's just hope it's not a another ACR release.  That would be sad.  I figure mid to late May, but I'm hoping for a lot sooner.  I can't imagine another company going the way of BM with the release of the ACR.  

FA
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you really want an MDR, I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll be released on 4/1, or even 4/4...Plan for late May or June is my guess, and if they don't make that date then we'll see the same videos of Hitler when he found out about the ACR repurposed for DT and the MDR...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA

I hope they will ship in June, when I ordered mine from there site it said an anticipated ship date of 1 june
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I hope they will ship in June, when I ordered mine from there site it said an anticipated ship date of 1 june
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA

I was giving this some thought in the "thinking room" while reading the latest issue of American Rifleman and I think either a firm shipping date or the announcement that they're now shipping will happen in late May at the NRA convention.  It would be a perfect place to gain media attention.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Im not sure why they chose to handle this "release" in this manner, but i hope the roll out of actual product is smooth, steady, and soon.  I want.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#44]
All I know is that if I get one in June it we will make my Birthday all the sweeter
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Im not sure why they chose to handle this "release" in this manner, but i hope the roll out of actual product is smooth, steady, and soon.  I want.
View Quote

Agreed, I've got a scope, a silencer, and some FGMM that are eagerly awaiting its arrival.  ZQI to get rough zero at 100, followed by FGMM for fine zero, then hopefully straight out to the 600 yard steel!  Load development will follow after I've had some fun
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#46]
What optic are you people going to run on your 7.62?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have an Elcan DR Specter 1.5-6X that's coming off of my FN SCAR17 to go on the MDR. My Elcan DR Specter 1-4X is coming off of my Sig P716 and going on the SCAR17.
When I placed the order for my MDR the receipt indicated an expected delivery date of 06-01-2016. That's fine with me. I've been through much, much worse extended and delayed product dates from other companies (FN SCAR17 and Ares Defense Shrike) than this. So, even if they don't actually get them out before December, I'll be satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have an Elcan DR Specter 1.5-6X that's coming off of my FN SCAR17 to go on the MDR. My Elcan DR Specter 1-4X is coming off of my Sig P716 and going on the SCAR17.
When I placed the order for my MDR the receipt indicated an expected delivery date of 06-01-2016. That's fine with me. I've been through much, much worse extended and delayed product dates from other companies (FN SCAR17 and Ares Defense Shrike) than this. So, even if they don't actually get them out before December, I'll be satisfied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Im going to replace the NF for a elcan 1-4 on my scar17 once the form 1 comes back.......but was thinking a little more "glass" for my MDR.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just bought a vortex PST 1-4x24 with the MRAD MOA reticle for mine
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP MOA in a LaRue LT-745 20 MOA mount.  There is a Primary Arms MD-07 hanging off the scope tube at about 4:30, I love the setup.  It currently resides on my DD 16" 5.56 carbine, works great for everything from up close and personal to shooting the 600 yard steel.  With the 308 MDR I hope to move out to getting reliable hits well past 600.  I seriously considered getting an ACOG, but I really like the PST.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top