BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Between work and crappy weather when I do have time I haven't been shooting much of anything lately.

I was bored today and I've been looking for some kind of brass catcher option for the mdr. It's fine when practicing with the chute one. Brass only goes 4-5ft forward. When shooting on the move off a 4 wheeler or out of a helicopter if I take it up is another story. I haven't contacted tbr about making one but I can verify that the Caldwell picatinny mount catcher doesn't work, in stock form.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34327/IMG_5471-449179.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34327/IMG_5470-449178.JPG

Now to see if it works.

I used some 1/8" Tig filler to make new mounting rails to drop the opening lower and then put a bent piece in in the back to clear the ejection chute and get it closer to the receiver. Went ahead and beefed up the tacks that Caldwell had holding it together with some .035 mig wire as filler. Not new to welding but I am to Tig. Just bought a machine this week. Easy project that would have taken me 30-40 min if it weren't for me dipping the tungsten so many times.
View Quote
You love the rifle so much you have it for sale in the EE?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You love the rifle so much you have it for sale in the EE?
View Quote
Where did I say that I love it?

It's ok. It offers things no other rifle does but it has drawbacks. For me those things are the POS plastic handguard and creeptastic trigger.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where did I say that I love it?

It's ok. It offers things no other rifle does but it has drawbacks. For me those things are the POS plastic handguard and creeptastic trigger.
View Quote
interesting
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Ran another 20rds through it yesterday and the brass catcher worked just like it should. I polished on the trigger and disconnector surfaces and ended up with a more respectable trigger.

170 yds with varying 10mph 3 o'clock wind. Shot resting on the steering wheel of the mule so not the most stable. Bottom is 3-4rds after adjustment. The gun does seem to have potential.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice shooting.  It appears that Ian and Karl feel the MDR is a nicer platform than the Tavor 7  https://www.full30.com/video/7d4614de6161d30ce6c0c22568dd4ce6 .  Once they get the kinks worked out I think it is going to be a very solid rifle, now where the hell is mine!
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice shooting.  It appears that Ian and Karl feel the MDR is a nicer platform than the Tavor 7  https://www.full30.com/video/7d4614de6161d30ce6c0c22568dd4ce6 .  Once they get the kinks worked out I think it is going to be a very solid rifle, now where the hell is mine!
View Quote
I really respect their opinions, I consider that channel one of the most reputable and informative channels out there. They had a lot good to say about the MDR, and did seem to prefer it over the 7.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Tavor 7 will probably keep me from ever getting either now.
View Quote
I think my FUN-ds are headed toward a TS12.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at a range I occasionally work at today and was surprised to see an MDR on the firing line. I happened to run in to the owner when he was checking out, and asked him if he'd been on the pre-order; apparently not. He'd just bought it the day before from a local shop that got a handful of them in, and paid something like $2400. I didn't ask him about accuracy or reliability, as he was single-feeding it and only shooting it at 50 yards with an EOTech.

He let me fingerbang it for a moment. It's not light, but given the bullpup configuration it balanced well and pointed very quickly (with no magazine). The trigger seemed creepy and had two distinct stages, but was a bit lighter than mil-spec. Controls seemed natural, aside from the mag release which I'm used to reaching back for on bullpups, so if anything it's even more natural for most people. Sorry for the very half-assed commentary, but this was over the course of about 90 seconds. Cool to see them out in the wild.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey @cowboywubwub, it's March, and basically half way to April. How about a title change?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Random update.
Got mine back after sending back for unreliable charging handle lockup on left hand / support side and busted handguard.
Ran reliably through ~140 more rounds other than I apparently hit  the 'soft brass' issue - PPU 155gr BTHP Match in this case. Failure to extract, had to rod out 2 cases.  Various other ammo ran reliably although my best group for today was a bit over MOA, again with 155gr Amax.  Not having much luck to date with FGMM.

Next outing likely with chrono and likely some handloads, or blowing rest of factory ammo at lower range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont care about the accuracy tests anymore.

Can someone just please state whether or not you can take this to the range and send rounds downrange without problems?

Is it functioning well enough to take it out and enjoy it as a blaster or not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I dont care about the accuracy tests anymore.

Can someone just please state whether or not you can take this to the range and send rounds downrange without problems?

View Quote
Hoping so but that's from 140 or so rounds today.  7 or so other brands of ammo were fine.
Will weigh in once I get more down range.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Ran another 60 rounds through mine today. Brass catcher works as intended. But I had several failures.

3 light strikes or hard primers. At first I thought maybe the case wasn't sized enough and it wasn't fully in battery but they all extracted easily. I'm pretty sure these are #34 primers.
Trigger failed to reset or the hammer didn't reset twice.
Had 4-5 times that it failed to return to battery but I attribute that to an interference issue with the brownell's mag. Bumped the magazine and it unstuck and chambered fine. I need to examine closer and see what is actually causing the issue.

Moral of the story other than just having a long, gritty pull the trigger causes malfunctions too. Can't wait for an aftermarket option.

I had my MWS out too since I haven't shot it with the 16" cl barrel and 1-6 mk6 in a while. It has a geiselle hi speed NM trigger in it so there is no comparison on that front. It was ejecting at 1:30 so it's overgassed but it still seems easier and faster to get back on target than the mdr. It is a little heavier with more weight forward so I guess it makes sense.

Both shooting the same 175smk/Tac load but it is a little warm and I need to back it down .5 or so.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Their website gives the option to order the caliber conversions.

Has anyone ordered / received one?

Also curious what the recoil on the 7.62mm version is compared to a SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was at a range I occasionally work at today and was surprised to see an MDR on the firing line. I happened to run in to the owner when he was checking out, and asked him if he'd been on the pre-order; apparently not. He'd just bought it the day before from a local shop that got a handful of them in, and paid something like $2400. I didn't ask him about accuracy or reliability, as he was single-feeding it and only shooting it at 50 yards with an EOTech.

He let me fingerbang it for a moment. It's not light, but given the bullpup configuration it balanced well and pointed very quickly (with no magazine). The trigger seemed creepy and had two distinct stages, but was a bit lighter than mil-spec. Controls seemed natural, aside from the mag release which I'm used to reaching back for on bullpups, so if anything it's even more natural for most people. Sorry for the very half-assed commentary, but this was over the course of about 90 seconds. Cool to see them out in the wild.
View Quote
Follow up. Working today and the same guy with the MDR came in. He was apparently only single-loading it last week because it wouldn't feed SA M80 ball ammo at all. According to him he contacted DT and was advised that the MDR was "designed for Federal ammo" () and that they had received several other reports of issues with SA ball. Today he brought DAG M80 and some shitty Colt zinc-plated ammo; both had issues ejecting as they were getting stuck in the ejection chute somehow, and the rifle kept ripping rims off of the DAG - not a full case head separation, just taking a chunk out of the rim and leaving the empty case in the chamber. Didn't fire it myself but I did observe these issues. I'm not sure if he tried firing it with the ejection chute removed. Owner says he's sending it back to DT.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just my observations.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#17]
It is amazing how many polarizing reports there are for this gun.

We are finally getting enough of them into the wild to hear reports regarding this gun but we still have zero solid information.

On one hand we have this steady flow of info regarding extraction issues, trigger creep, pins falling out, etc.  And on the other hand we have people ranking this gun as a 9/10 and still claim it to be everything they had hoped but cannot help out those of us on the outside of the circle with any objective reasons as to why it is worth throwing our hat in the ring.

The most perplexing thing to me is how this gun's hype from all of us customers was with its hopeful accuracy potential, but now that it is out there we cant get a simple accuracy test showing that it can do what the Tavor cant.

I am trying to stay objective before purchasing this and objectively I am beginning to believe that this rifle is not everything it was made out to be based off of what I have read on the internet().
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's really amazing to me that anyone would spend more than 10 minutes researching the MDR and then still buy one.
View Quote
Thats where I am at and because I like how it looks I keep hoping for a sudden influx of glowing reviews.

This gun was supposed to have underwent extensive testing yet it seems that people cant shoot without ejection port covers falling off or charging handles unlocking.  Since when does someone need to break in a $2500 rifle just so it will function?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Alright I’ve been awol. Seems like guns are getting out to people but they’re a resounding “meh”? Anybody got a better summary before I give us a new (maybe final) title?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thats where I am at and because I like how it looks I keep hoping for a sudden influx of glowing reviews.

This gun was supposed to have underwent extensive testing yet it seems that people cant shoot without ejection port covers falling off or charging handles unlocking.  Since when does someone need to break in a $2500 rifle just so it will function?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's really amazing to me that anyone would spend more than 10 minutes researching the MDR and then still buy one.

It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that it didn't undergo extensive testing and these first users ARE the beta testers.

That's not right, especially not for a $2500 rifle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that it didn't undergo extensive testing and these first users ARE the beta testers.

View Quote
Agreed. This is honestly the reason that I tend to stick to platforms that have a good deal of real world use and experience behind them - stuff with years of military testing and trials, like the AUG and Tavor.

I'm not opposed to the idea of trying something untested/new - but at $2500? No, thank you. Pity, because I do like the MDR.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember a year or two ago when they were delayed because they were ‘submitting them for extensive military trials and testing’. Now here we are.

1. I believe that was a lie, and likely never happened.

2. I hope it was a lie, because given the state the rifle is in now, I can’t imagine the abortion it would have been back then.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
According to him he contacted DT and was advised that the MDR was "designed for Federal ammo" ()
View Quote
WTF??!!
This is going to sound really ignorant, but I get guns being designed for a specific caliber, but a specific BRAND?
I know that some brands have that lacquer shit on them that probably increases the outside diameter of the cartridge by a c-hair, but jesus, who makes something with tolerance that tight?

Assuming they are taking all of the information from the people buying them to improve the MDR, I'm holding out for the MDR-A2 or Gen 2.
Given their track record with this rifle from it's prototype unveiling through the years of "any day now" production promises, to the questionable performance and customer service, there's a part of me that thinks they don't give a fuck and are just doing enough to break even before discontinuing it and going back to just selling overpriced bolt guns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#25]
While I don't doubt they ran thousands of rounds through various rifles for testing it seems pretty apparent that they didn't use much variety in either ammo, magazines or suppressors given the failure rate. They have no business calling it or comparing it to a "battle rifle" as finicky as it is.

Overgassed as it is with a suppressor on it, my MWS eats anything you feed it, out of any magazine you choose. Can't say that about the mdr.

At this point IMHO it is not what was advertised.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While I don't doubt they ran thousands of rounds through various rifles for testing it seems pretty apparent that they didn't use much variety in either ammo, magazines or suppressors given the failure rate. They have no business calling it or comparing it to a "battle rifle" as finicky as it is.

Overgassed as it is with a suppressor on it, my MWS eats anything you feed it, out of any magazine you choose. Can't say that about the mdr.

At this point IMHO it is not what was advertised.
View Quote
The MWS was built by a company that used an already tested and proven platform, so there's that.

Is the MDR overgassed even with an adjustable gas system? I haven't seen any videos or reviews talking about that.

I agree, the marketing regarding their "testing" was probably as exaggerated as their product delivery timeline.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The MWS was built by a company that used an already tested and proven platform, so there's that.

Is the MDR overgassed even with an adjustable gas system? I haven't seen any videos or reviews talking about that.

I agree, the marketing regarding their "testing" was probably as exaggerated as their product delivery timeline.
View Quote
At first it definitely was considering from the 3rd round out of the gate and many after that ended up as stuck cases in the chamber with rims ripped off so yes I would say it was overgassed. Since getting it back with the "updated" gas plug it hasn't with my loads. A few of the pieces of test brass that they sent back with it, FC, show signs of the rim being bent back from the extractor. By my wag estimation the mdr has 25-30% LESS extractor surface area than an ar platform 308 type rifle. Now I'm having issues with the trigger or hammer not resetting and I still haven't figured out if it is now an undergassed  condition not moving the BCG far enough rearward while still beating up brass or a trigger issue.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

At first it definitely was considering from the 3rd round out of the gate and many after that ended up as stuck cases in the chamber with rims ripped off so yes I would say it was overgassed. Since getting it back with the "updated" gas plug it hasn't with my loads. A few of the pieces of test brass that they sent back with it, FC, show signs of the rim being bent back from the extractor. By my wag estimation the mdr has 25-30% LESS extractor surface area than an ar platform 308 type rifle. Now I'm having issues with the trigger or hammer not resetting and I still haven't figured out if it is now an undergrad and condition not moving the BCG far enough rearward while still beating up brass or a trigger issue.
View Quote
Thanks for that info newguy
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I remember a year or two ago when they were delayed because they were ‘submitting them for extensive military trials and testing’. Now here we are.

1. I believe that was a lie, and likely never happened.

2. I hope it was a lie, because given the state the rifle is in now, I can’t imagine the abortion it would have been back then.
View Quote
Yep to all of the above.  I bounced that 'stand bye[sic]' (for results, video, anything) some time back and never did get a real response so just assume it was a convenient excuse when one was needed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WTF??!!
This is going to sound really ignorant, but I get guns being designed for a specific caliber, but a specific BRAND?
I know that some brands have that lacquer shit on them that probably increases the outside diameter of the cartridge by a c-hair, but jesus, who makes something with tolerance that tight?

Assuming they are taking all of the information from the people buying them to improve the MDR, I'm holding out for the MDR-A2 or Gen 2.
Given their track record with this rifle from it's prototype unveiling through the years of "any day now" production promises, to the questionable performance and customer service, there's a part of me that thinks they don't give a fuck and are just doing enough to break even before discontinuing it and going back to just selling overpriced bolt guns.
View Quote
Yeah, sounds like crap to me too, moreso as to date I haven't had stellar results with FGMM 175s.
Besides, if course it's 'really' made for $$ DT match ammo, no? :)

I believe there are things that can be done in barrel construction around harmonics, chamber, leadership etc. to favor some rounds but that would include a specific loading and bullet combo, not an entire brand IMO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok I think I’m done then. If it’s only designed to work with one brand of ammo and all the other bs around I’ll jusg cancel my pre order and buy something else.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't you "improve" you trigger?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I ground off the hammer some to decrease the sear engagement some. It think I took it from .08-.1" to about .05" and it cut the creep down a bunch. If the hammer isn't catching sometimes then I guess that's on me. It doesn't explain the light strikes or failure of the trigger itself to actually reset between shots though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
The MDR owners group on facebook is a good source for info and reviews.  There definitely seems to be a wide spectrum of opinions on it, from mine runs great and has since purchase to those with several problems with a little of everything in between.  After closely monitoring this, the Bullpup forum, and the owners group on facebook I have chosen to stay the course at this point and continue to wait for mine.  There definitely seems to be a lot of potential for the platform.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Is the DT MDR even a “thing” anymore?  With all of the drama and delays, plus problems reported, how many people are still excited about it?  Me, I’m more waiting for the Tavor 7 in 7.62.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is the DT MDR even a “thing” anymore?  With all of the drama and delays, plus problems reported, how many people are still excited about it?  Me, I’m more waiting for the Tavor 7 in 7.62.
View Quote
It will still be purchased by those that do not care about the functional issues that arise, but in my estimation DT missed the window of the MDR being a compulsive purchase for the average consumer.

I wanted one so bad that i would have purchased it for 2x the msrp had the fucking thing been released 2 years ago, but at this point its not even new or exciting anymore.  So if it isnt battle rifle reliable and available in mass quantities (and I dont even need that level of reliability) I dont really want it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok I think I’m done then. If it’s only designed to work with one brand of ammo and all the other bs around I’ll jusg cancel my pre order and buy something else.
View Quote
I think this was some poor guy at DT talking out his ass, or just not knowing any better.
In reality, so far, my MDR likes the 155gr Amax the best, but still need more range time and stretching it out to see for sure, as well as doing some load workup.
I've also had DT tell me to break the rifle in on normal gas setting, while the one DT guy I have some level of faith in, coldboremiracle, as well as the owner's manual, say to break in for first 100-200rds on adverse, so ... ... ...
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#38]
As a reloader, its a known thing in our circle that f.c. 308 brass is softer than most. I wonder if they say use that brand because of that fact. Like maybe for a quick fix on the users part vs them fixing the gas systems so they dont break parts?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As a reloader, its a known thing in our circle that f.c. 308 brass is softer than most. I wonder if they say use that brand because of that fact. Like maybe for a quick fix on the users part vs them fixing the gas systems so they dont break parts?
View Quote
That's a good point and one I'd completely forgotten about as I've standardized on loading LC for.308 only, but that would make the statement even weirder as the/some MDR seems to rip the rim from soft brass and fails to extract.  I haven't had that issue with federal brass to date but have with some PPU match.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#40]
$2500 rifle shouldn't need to be broken in, work 100% flawless out of the box, and shoot trash steel to quality ammo. I think the Tavor 7 is better in those qualities, if they are anything like the SAR or x95. Not extensive service like the 556 versions but made by a reputable company, not one that delays the release by what 3-4 years because of EXTENSIVE TESTING for it to deliver this many lemons. It looks better, sounds better, everyone wants it to be better, but it honestly isn't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
$2500 rifle shouldn't need to be broken in, work 100% flawless out of the box, and shoot trash steel to quality ammo. I think the Tavor 7 is better in those qualities, if they are anything like the SAR or x95. Not extensive service like the 556 versions but made by a reputable company, not one that delays the release by what 3-4 years because of EXTENSIVE TESTING for it to deliver this many lemons. It looks better, sounds better, everyone wants it to be better, but it honestly isn't.
View Quote
We will be left guessing for now, given the 7 had its release date pushed to May/June.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#42]
What got ripped off most?

Group buy members still waiting for their MDR or the "soft" brass rims?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like they need to redesign the bolt with a larger extractor going off the comments of it being 25%30% smaller than an ar10 extractor. Larger extractor = Same force distributed over a larger area lowering the stress on that part of the rim. That’s pretty basic you think they would have caught that in the “extensive testing”. Unless a larger extractor would impede the case chute thing which if that’s the case sounds like it would be a Achilles heel of the design in general since you’d end up with a narrow safe zone velocity for the bolt carrier group to operate in where it has enough speed to cycle but not enough to just tear the rim off the case. Maybe if they progress beyond unicorn status the answer will come to light. Would be interesting to find out I think.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sounds like they need to redesign the bolt with a larger extractor going off the comments of it being 25%30% smaller than an ar10 extractor. Larger extractor = Same force distributed over a larger area lowering the stress on that part of the rim. That’s pretty basic you think they would have caught that in the “extensive testing”. Unless a larger extractor would impede the case chute thing which if that’s the case sounds like it would be a Achilles heel of the design in general since you’d end up with a narrow safe zone velocity for the bolt carrier group to operate in where it has enough speed to cycle but not enough to just tear the rim off the case. Maybe if they progress beyond unicorn status the answer will come to light. Would be interesting to find out I think.
View Quote
It wouldn't need a whole new bolt. The case head isn't recessed into the bolt face like most bolts. It's flat and the extractor lip protrudes out. I didn't think about issues with the ejector knocking the cases out of the extractor with a wider, more cupped lip. As it is not it's pretty square. I assume so brass can be knocked/slid out the side without issue. The other thing I noticed that I didn't at first is it looks like the barrel extension would need to be redesigned or clearanced to handle a wider extractor. There is just enough room for the extractor as is for the bolt to go in and lock. Not much if any excess space.

The extractor seems plenty wide enough compared to a 5.56 bolt so hopefully those shouldn't have this issue if they ever start shipping them.

Like I said before they may well have had 10s of thousands of rounds of testing but it seems pretty apparent it was only with a narrow window of suppressors(which I can understand) and ammo(which is bs for how they still market this rifle).
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It wouldn't need a whole new bolt. The case head isn't recessed into the bolt face like most bolts. It's flat and the extractor lip protrudes out. I didn't think about issues with the ejector knocking the cases out of the extractor with a wider, more cupped lip. As it is not it's pretty square. I assume so brass can be knocked/slid out the side without issue. The other thing I noticed that I didn't at first is it looks like the barrel extension would need to be redesigned or clearanced to handle a wider extractor. There is just enough room for the extractor as is for the bolt to go in and lock. Not much if any excess space.

The extractor seems plenty wide enough compared to a 5.56 bolt so hopefully those shouldn't have this issue if they ever start shipping them.

Like I said before they may well have had 10s of thousands of rounds of testing but it seems pretty apparent it was only with a narrow window of suppressors(which I can understand) and ammo(which is bs for how they still market this rifle).
View Quote
Interesting. Any chance for pics of the bolt and barrel extension to better visualize what you’re saying?
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Interesting. Any chance for pics of the bolt and barrel extension to better visualize what you’re saying?
View Quote
Didn't feel like pulling the BCG for a better look but you should be able to see what I was talking about.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Interesting. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#48]
That's interesting.  I always wondered what the inside of the breach looked like. Or barrel extension which word one would like to do.  Being that the rifle kicks shells to the side with a scissor mechanism instead of a plunger style ejector. Perhaps a different idea that would work is having two extractors.  One extractor on the 12 o'clock position, and a second extractor on the 6 o'clock.  It dose look like a odd bolt, one would think you wouldn't need the little pusher feet on the bottom of the bolt to feed the cartridge
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#49]
if cases are being stuck in the barrel just pull the barrel out get a reamer and reream the chamber so that the cases don't get stuck, cause it sounds like the chamber isn't cut right. also man that is one dirty lower!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
if cases are being stuck in the barrel just pull the barrel out get a reamer and reream the chamber so that the cases don't get stuck, cause it sounds like the chamber isn't cut right. also man that is one dirty lower!!!!
View Quote
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top