Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2020 9:19:56 PM EDT
I have been watching the Denver Bullets website and they have consistently had large quantities of their reloaded ammo of all flavors, including AP, API, APIT, Tracer, Spotter Tracer, Incindiary and all in quantities of 10, 50, or 100.  Now I check today and all of that is gone from the website.  I know we are in a period of very high demand but there is no way they went from quantities of 100 plus on all those types of ammo and in the various quantities overnight.  What the is up with that?  Was the website not updating or could they really have sold hundreds of 100 count boxes of ammo overnight? 50BMG does not sell that fast even in these times.  Anyone have any ideas what happened?  I plan on calling them tomorrow to see what's up but I thought I would ask here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Chi-na? Venezuela? I-Ran?

Tin foil ready!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
100% they sold out very quickly. 50BMG is gone from all the usual spaces - people are stocking up across the board. Novelty stuff like AP and API seems just as obvious to have on hand during a panic as plinking 22 and some tacticool 556 and less likely to be there otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
100% they sold out very quickly. 50BMG is gone from all the usual spaces - people are stocking up across the board. Novelty stuff like AP and API seems just as obvious to have on hand during a panic as plinking 22 and some tacticool 556 and less likely to be there otherwise.
View Quote

The only problem with that theory is I have been checking the website daily and the inventories shown were quite large and not going down at any significant rate then suddenly in about 2 days they are gone completely.  To me either the site was not being updated or they are maybe selling out to another dealer.  I think its most likely the former and they really did not have most of what was being shown on the website.  I plan on calling tomorrow to see if I can get someone on the phone.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The only problem with that theory is I have been checking the website daily and the inventories shown were quite large and not going down at any significant rate then suddenly in about 2 days they are gone completely.  To me either the site was not being updated or they are maybe selling out to another dealer.  I think its most likely the former and they really did not have most of what was being shown on the website.  I plan on calling tomorrow to see if I can get someone on the phone.
View Quote
It's possible! It's also possible that aggregators cleared out of the less expensive stuff (see TSUSA and SGAmmo OOS on all 50) and Denver became one of the more affordable options or was posted to gundeals. I'd love to know what you find out though!.. Always room for a little more fiddy in my safe!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's possible! It's also possible that aggregators cleared out of the less expensive stuff (see TSUSA and SGAmmo OOS on all 50) and Denver became one of the more affordable options or was posted to gundeals. I'd love to know what you find out though!.. Always room for a little more fiddy in my safe!
View Quote

I think you're right here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I see a few things in stock now.

Website owners sometimes use artificial numbers for stock levels so that they are not always maintaining it. Its not midway or brownells where everything is scanned in and out. They might have had a gut check and reallocated actual numbers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I see a few things in stock now.

Website owners sometimes use artificial numbers for stock levels so that they are not always maintaining it. Its not midway or brownells where everything is scanned in and out. They might have had a gut check and reallocated actual numbers.
View Quote

There are a few things but just 3 or so days ago they had two pages of 50 BMG listed.  They had their remanufactured ammo in AP, API, APIT, Blue Tip and spotter tracer and in quantities of 10,50,100.  At the same time the numbers available for each quantity were in the 100 plus range, then all of the sudden all and I mean all of that is gone.  Of the few things left they amount available seems to be going down as you would expect making the website appear to be updating but what happened to all the other ammo?  Sure there is a run on ammo but not like that as the website showed them to have thousands of rounds of the various types in stock.  Very odd and disappointing to us new to 50.  From what I can see it looks like they are done with reman 50 ammo as they also show very little projectiles available and zero reman ammo of any type outside of spotter tracer which I'm not sure is the 50 bmg loading.  I will update later today if I manage to get in touch with them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you guys saying other dealers bought out all of their inventory or that denver just sold out like SGAmmo and TSUSA?  The problem with just selling out is they appeared to have thousands of rounds available of all types and all of it is gone now.  For example they also showed large quantities of tracer yet very few people order tracer in large numbers.  Even Barrett has cans of 100 tracer available at a good price and it's not selling out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been following availability but not as closely as you. I believe that after the more well know retailers sold out people found Denver Bullets.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Update:

So I talked to the owner of Denver Bullets today.  He was nice enough to speak with me at length about the availability of 50bmg.  In a nutshell they have picked up a huge amount of new customers so they are struggling to keep up with new orders and the website is not up to date on what they currently have in inventory due to both the increase demand as well as users adding product to the shopping cart but not going thru with the purchase.  He explained they have plenty of 50bmg to load but will need time to catch up and if there is something in particular that you are after the best thing to do is call them and do the order over the phone.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good info, thank you.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top