Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2023 9:15:47 AM EDT
With the solvent trap nonsense, I'm looking at a freeze plug baffle build for 223, direct thread. My question is is the AFT considering pre threaded "maglight caps" suppressor parts?
Or  even the tube itself ? I don't have access to a lathe or milling machine so my options are limited.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you tell them?

You'll make the parts after approval.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you tell them?

You'll make the parts after approval.
View Quote

They want list of venders and description of build parts
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They want list of venders and description of build parts
View Quote

Yeah and anything you say besides barstock and a lathe" may get you a denial.
Use a tube that will let you use industry standard parts, not typical form1 stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Solvent parts are legal so long as not center marked, per the AFT.

Just write "all laws to be followed during and after approval". I don't understand why ppl think they need to submit their first born...
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My last approval I stated "raw material and parts I have on hand and other material I may need to purchase" Then I uploaded a pic I took of various raw material I had on hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top