Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2018 12:13:52 PM EDT
I have a few Surefire 6P and G2 lights floating around and could use an IR light for one of my rifles that I use to hunt coyotes with. Are there any decent quality IR P60 drop ins that would work for that application? I know there are a host of high output LED options but I haven't seen much as far as IR options
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
you might get some more responses in the Lights and Lasers subforum.

but does Marlkoff have an option?  i'm a noob when it comes to lights.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with it, but this Solarforce unit gets decent reviews.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no experience with it, but this Solarforce unit gets decent reviews.
View Quote
SolarForce is very dependable for hunting
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Solarforce IR drop-in for a 6P. It works well for about $20. The output is pretty good. Lots of spill, not too much throw. Visible signature (red glow) is pretty bad also.

Depending on your budget, I would look for a used Surefire 900V and remove the head or just get a 600V/620V.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I am also needing one. I have a older G2 that has a blown bulb that needs to be replaced.

I was looking for 950NM bulbs thinking they produce less of a glow at night. I am not sure if that is really true or not. But I did find some on ebay for $25 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top