Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2017 11:35:18 AM EDT
I do not know if this has been posted before but I just saw this and thought wow that seems cheap:

http://www.jsesurplus.com/Bushmaster18.5ACRBBL1x75.56Melonite-StrippedAsShowninPicture.aspx
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t own an ACR and I’m tempted to buy one to have it cut down to 14.5, pinned, and threaded.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own an ACR either. I wonder if I should cross post in GD so an actual ACR owner might see this thread.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhyeah that’s cheap.  Almost like it’s a typo!!!  I am ordering it now.  I’ll keep ya posted.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one, we will see if they deliver.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uhyeah that’s cheap.  Almost like it’s a typo!!!  I am ordering it now.  I’ll keep ya posted.
View Quote
Maybe not the on price, but there's definitely a typo, if not a deliberate false posting. The description says 18.5" as shown in picture, but the picture clearly is of a 16" with the M203 cutout. One of them is lying.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe not the on price, but there's definitely a typo, if not a deliberate false posting. The description says 18.5" as shown in picture, but the picture clearly is of a 16" with the M203 cutout. One of them is lying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$90. If I hadn’t spent my BF allotment on other goodies, I would have bought one even without owning an ACR.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe a typo like I said, but I don’t think JSE is trying to screw anyone. They’ve been around for years and they have always had good reviews.  I have used them several times.  You can get a complete barrel at Brownells for 560 right now so if they say I owe more money I’ll pass on the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are Canadian Acr barrels, you also need an indexing pin.  I’ve had a couple, the prices are really good but the cost of completing the barrel is really close to buying a real deal 14.5 or 10.5 etc...

They are not DMR barrels but basically a  longer 16” profiled barrel. They should be 1/7 too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought it to send to Marvin Pitts so he can flute or dimple it, shorten it to 11.5  and put his piston set up on it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Did any one get theirs? I am curious as to how this turned out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I got mine. It's good to go. It's being sent to Marvin as we speak.

I did see that JSE raised the price to 115 or something like that.

JSE is good to go and sent the barrel out pretty fast. If you'd like an extra ACR barrel this is it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got mine. It's good to go. It's being sent to Marvin as we speak.

I did see that JSE raised the price to 115 or something like that.

JSE is good to go and sent the barrel out pretty fast. If you'd like an extra ACR barrel this is it.
View Quote
What are you having done with it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What are you having done with it?
View Quote
It’s being sent to Marvin Pitts to be cut to 11.5, fluted or dimpled and have his piston set up put on it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s being sent to Marvin Pitts to be cut to 11.5, fluted or dimpled and have his piston set up put on it.  
View Quote
Nice, if you done mine me asking, did he quote you on price?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#15]
To be honest I didn’t ask.  I would guess between 7 and 9 will be the final price.  I had him shorten and dimple my first ACR barrel and it was around 450 I believe.

Solid dude and his work is second to none!
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice, if you done mine me asking, did he quote you on price?
View Quote
He has a price list / order form that he emails out, so you just pick what you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top