Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2018 8:55:20 PM EDT
Hey all, hoping to pick up a Dead Air Wolverine to use on multiple hosts. Dead Air rocked this design, and I feel compelled to support them. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be limited to direct thread on non AK hosts, or if I can find a way to have a machine shop fab a mount to interface with a Keymount or a similar brake. Am I daydreaming here? For those of you who have a Wolverine, about how much length is there between the threading and the first baffle? The Keymount is 2.6", so I'd need at least 2" to clear that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not buy a qd can as well?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been eyeballing this can myself as I'm about to trade for an Arsenal AK. Any first hand experience with it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been eyeballing this can myself as I'm about to trade for an Arsenal AK. Any first hand experience with it?
View Quote
DA Wolverine is the cat's ass!!! I love mine and am tempted to buy a 2nd. The mounting system is rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why not buy a qd can as well?
View Quote
I probably will at some point. But for now, it would have to be my only rifle can.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
With the woverine broke down from the back of the can to the closest part of the baffle is about 1 3/16" I got a pic of a DA muzzle break sitting in it to give you a better idea of what it will take to make one work .

Well pic won't work. Here's the link to it
Wolverine
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I would run a Sandman-S direct on an AK before I went through the expense of making a 1-off mount to run Wolverine on non-AK host.

If I recall correctly (@Mageever tell me if I'm wrong)- the Wolverine started with a Sandman core and essentially opened up for reduced risk of baffle strikes then add the AK mounting system to the base.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would run a Sandman-S direct on an AK before I went through the expense of making a 1-off mount to run Wolverine on non-AK host.

If I recall correctly (@Mageever tell me if I'm wrong)- the Wolverine started with a Sandman core and essentially opened up for reduced risk of baffle strikes then add the AK mounting system to the base.
View Quote
Yep.  It has the same blast chamber volume as an Sandman-S and then we opened up the bore and added some baffles to get the balance of good muzzle/at-ear sound.

@maynardjay Thanks for the praise.  It's always cool to hear.  I recommend just getting a Sandman-S and some 14mm muzzle devices--if you're threads are really good.  That'd be a lot easier than getting something custom machined.  If you decide to do that, let me know and I'll get you the thread spec we use on the back cap of Wolverine.  You could then plug a Key-Mo in there.  It be kind of heavy and long, though.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I use my Wolverine on a lot of rifles and am a huge fan. Dead Air killed it and I am damn glad I bought it and am considering a second. Lately it's on my 300Blk AR as a dedicated hunting can until my Sandman K arrives, then it will go back to the Tiger, and AKs

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top