Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, those are the ones I had my eyes set on, but wasn't sure.  The official DA video shows a 5/8L, which is odd.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks, those are the ones I had my eyes set on, but wasn't sure.  The official DA video shows a 5/8L, which is odd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Both sizes fit. The first time I followed this video to a T. Went to ace hardware and bought the exact ones mike does in this video.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's the store brand washers that are compatible with the Wolfman?  Mine came with a solid washer with no hole and packaging.  Two videos show two different washers, with other users here are saying CS are giving different sizes as well.
View Quote

This is what mine has in the box.

It’s still in jail....
121 days

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Odd, my Wolfman was pending ~40 days before yours and came with an actual wipe with slots cut in the middle, not a Danco washer.  I picked up the 88577 pack and the washers are only 3/4 OD, not the required 1".  I can't find the Danco 35072B in store anywhere and that sucks, because they're a LOT more expensive than others. At that point I'd be better off cutting wipes, which kinda defeats the purpose of using common sink washers.

edit:

Nevermind, these guys sell the proper washers I was looking for to fix my faucets:

https://www.primal23industrial.com/1-X-OD-14-ID-X-18-Thickness--Heavy-Duty-Abrasion-Resistant-SBR-Rubber-Washers--SBR70-Series_p_119.html
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Dead Air has the 1/2 x 28 Micro Brake in stock.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Odd, my Wolfman was pending ~40 days before yours and came with an actual wipe with slots cut in the middle, not a Danco washer.  I picked up the 88577 pack and the washers are only 3/4 OD, not the required 1".  I can't find the Danco 35072B in store anywhere and that sucks, because they're a LOT more expensive than others. At that point I'd be better off cutting wipes, which kinda defeats the purpose of using common sink washers.

edit:

Nevermind, these guys sell the proper washers I was looking for to fix my faucets:

https://www.primal23industrial.com/1-X-OD-14-ID-X-18-Thickness--Heavy-Duty-Abrasion-Resistant-SBR-Rubber-Washers--SBR70-Series_p_119.html
View Quote

thx for the link
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Use code NEW for 30% off too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Could someone tell me the depth from the rear face of the wolfman with no mount installed (fixed, trilug, etc) to the first baffle? Trying to determine how much room there is for another mount and brake.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Could someone tell me the depth from the rear face of the wolfman with no mount installed (fixed, trilug, etc) to the first baffle? Trying to determine how much room there is for another mount and brake.
View Quote

appx 1.370".
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

appx 1.370".
View Quote

Thanks, smaller blast chamber than I was expecting, may not work the way I thought with the muzzle devices I wanted to use, will just have to wait for it to get out of jail to start fitting things
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
3 lug back in stock at Hansohn Brothers...
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Just waiting on 9mm pistons and boosters to come in stock now and I'll be set.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3 lug back in stock at Hansohn Brothers...
View Quote

Back at Dead Air Silencers as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up my Wolfman yesterday

124 days trust 1RP, used the SS kiosk

I’ll shoot it this weekend

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just a heads up also that we have custom wrenches that will be available within a couple weeks.  They have the hook spanner on one end for KeyMo (1.5"), and KeyMicro (1.375") on the other end.  There's one for the suppressor (it has a couple lugs for really good engagement) and there's another wrench for accessories and they'll be sold as a bundle.  

The part numbers will be TL001 and TL002.  They'll be shipping from our webstore within about two weeks.  We physically have them on hand in the plant, but the new part numbers have to be activated and the Sales guys need to get everything set up.   Be on the lookout.  
View Quote

It's now 3 months later... any update on the wrenches?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Thought I’d post a pic of my Wolfman

PSA Baby Snek 9mm lower

Foxtrot Mike 7” upper with tri lug

Love shooting it, besides the gas in face.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#18]
has anyone come across a cherry bomb adapter for this?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve asked this question several times myself with no answer. I’ve about given up on them coming in to stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’ve asked this question several times myself with no answer. I’ve about given up on them coming in to stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked about a month ago on their Friday live stream, they said a week.

Buffs, stickers, and patches they got tho. Lots of them. And shirts.

Most of their live streams are now about shirts. And Sandman S (drink).
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys! good news just picked up my wolfman yesterday after about a six month wait and I noticed when I opened the box it didn't come with a takedown tool or the washer, do I contact dead air about that or the people I picked it up from?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey guys! good news just picked up my wolfman yesterday after about a six month wait and I noticed when I opened the box it didn't come with a takedown tool or the washer, do I contact dead air about that or the people I picked it up from?
View Quote

Are you sure they aren’t in the bottom of the box, underneath the foam tray?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#25]
@willi3d yeah one of the first things I checked there was nothing there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I got my Dead Air Wolfman close to two weeks ago, but I’m missing the most important accessory:  A PCC that I actually want to mount it to.  I wasn’t expecting one approval, let alone three, in four months.  Want something with a delayed action that suppresses well, mostly because I’m a southpaw and hate getting powder in my teeth.  Had been holding out buying a PTR9CT until the Stribog SP9A3 came out.  New Stribog appears to have issues, and PTR9CTs seem to be $400 more than the last time I checked.

At this point I guess my options come down to paying a bunch more than I want to for a proper roller delayed firearm, building an RDB setup akin to what amphibian has been preaching, going with a wild card like the Kriss Vector Gen 2, or holding out for something that isn’t released yet.  Angstadt Arms MDP, Mean Arms roller delayed setup, etc.

Lame.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got my Dead Air Wolfman close to two weeks ago, but I’m missing the most important accessory:  A PCC that I actually want to mount it to.  I wasn’t expecting one approval, let alone three, in four months.  Want something with a delayed action that suppresses well, mostly because I’m a southpaw and hate getting powder in my teeth.  Had been holding out buying a PTR9CT until the Stribog SP9A3 came out.  New Stribog appears to have issues, and PTR9CTs seem to be $400 more than the last time I checked.

At this point I guess my options come down to paying a bunch more than I want to for a proper roller delayed firearm, building an RDB setup akin to what amphibian has been preaching, going with a wild card like the Kriss Vector Gen 2, or holding out for something that isn’t released yet.  Angstadt Arms MDP, Mean Arms roller delayed setup, etc.

Lame.
View Quote

Tell us where the mean ATF examiner touched you. Lol. Three approvals in four months lol.

My Wolfman took 6 months and the ATF held held my stamp for 93 days after that.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown I guess lol.

But seriously I’d look at the RDB setups from CMMG Or the new Ruger PC Charger.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like they dont include the tool or washer any more...

here is the washer
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/wolfman-breakdown.jpg

here is the washer
View Quote
I purchased mine from Hansohn Bros in April or May and mine had all the things in it.  Takedown tool, washer, wrench, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Tell us where the mean ATF examiner touched you. Lol. Three approvals in four months lol.

But seriously I'd look at the RDB setups from CMMG Or the new Ruger PC Charger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my Dead Air Wolfman close to two weeks ago, but I'm missing the most important accessory:  A PCC that I actually want to mount it to.  I wasn't expecting one approval, let alone three, in four months.  Want something with a delayed action that suppresses well, mostly because I'm a southpaw and hate getting powder in my teeth.  Had been holding out buying a PTR9CT until the Stribog SP9A3 came out.  New Stribog appears to have issues, and PTR9CTs seem to be $400 more than the last time I checked.

At this point I guess my options come down to paying a bunch more than I want to for a proper roller delayed firearm, building an RDB setup akin to what amphibian has been preaching, going with a wild card like the Kriss Vector Gen 2, or holding out for something that isn't released yet.  Angstadt Arms MDP, Mean Arms roller delayed setup, etc.

Lame.

But seriously I'd look at the RDB setups from CMMG Or the new Ruger PC Charger.
I got my Wolfman specifically for the PC Charger I was planning on getting, but I haven't seen one for sale under MSRP since March. And I can't find the booster assembly and thread adaptor in stock, so I can't use it on any pistols either
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I purchased mine from Hansohn Bros in April or May and mine had all the things in it.  Takedown tool, washer, wrench, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here is the washer
Mine bought April had the takedown tool (the circle thing with pins coming out the bottom) and washer. No wrench, though. I just used a strap wrench to take the halves apart and a AR armorer's tool to replace the direct-thread attachment module with a Key-micro unit.

Not sure how you'd do basic things like change the washer or tighten things up without the takedown tool.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mine bought April had the takedown tool (the circle thing with pins coming out the bottom) and washer. No wrench, though. I just used a strap wrench to take the halves apart and a AR armorer's tool to replace the direct-thread attachment module with a Key-micro unit.

Not sure how you'd do basic things like change the washer or tighten things up without the takedown tool.
View Quote
Yeah I was talking about the same thing as you.  Just looked it up, guess it is properly the front cap tool.  I see Hansohn Bros has them in stock.

Which reminds me, I need to put the extra Sandman front cap tool I ended up with on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

here is the washer
View Quote

I'm a home based FFL with a SOT.   I ordered a wolfman for myself from silencer shop.  Got it last week.  It came with the wipe and take down tool.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Got the call that my Wolfman has been released from jail.  

(Late May with a trust for those keeping track)
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Got the call that my Wolfman has been released from jail.  

(Late May with a trust for those keeping track)
View Quote
Congrats!  You are lucky: my late May is still pending, according to the NFA branch...
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Congrats!  You are lucky: my late May is still pending, according to the NFA branch...
View Quote

As I understand it, ATF employees will pick up a big batch of applications at the office, take them home to work on them, then take them back in once they are all done. That can add even more time to the process. Yours might have been the next one to be approved, but now it sits at the employees home until all the other ones are done.

Regarding the Wolfman's capability, it should be okay to use it directly threaded to the barrel for sub and supersonic 9mm? And supersonic 5.56 NATO and 7.62 x 39 should be fine if I use the micro brake?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As I understand it, ATF employees will pick up a big batch of applications at the office, take them home to work on them, then take them back in once they are all done. That can add even more time to the process. Yours might have been the next one to be approved, but now it sits at the employees home until all the other ones are done.

Regarding the Wolfman's capability, it should be okay to use it directly threaded to the barrel for sub and supersonic 9mm? And supersonic 5.56 NATO and 7.62 x 39 should be fine if I use the micro brake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Direct-thread is fine for all 9mm. Supersonic 5.56mm, .300blk, .350 Legend, 9x39mm, and 7.62x39mm need the brake. Subsonics of the former are fine with direct thread as are .380, .38spl, .357mag, and 9mm.

DA's tests where full-auto rifle ammo from short barrels with direct-thread, so the can will survive it but it's not great for longevity.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Got the Octane for my Scorpion out of jail so I wanted to switch the Wolfman to my AR SBR. So I mount the KeyMicro brake on the host and put the KeyMicro Adapter in the Wolfman. I put the Wolfman on the brake and turn it, getting the clicks until it stops.

And it wobbles.

A lot.

A quick bench measurement shows a total of 5/8" of travel from side to side. It does not appear to be locking at all, the adapter will rotate back and forth on the brake. I tried it on two 1/2 and a 5/8 brake and it behaves the same on all of them.

The brakes are part number DA109 and DA111. The micro brake adapter is part DA451.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well that ain't good at all. Do you have a fullsize flash hider to try? Can't remember if those fit or not. My wolfman will be out of jail any day now...I was planning on using it with a 3 lug if my backorder from brownells ever goes through.
View Quote

Don't have one to try. I have a three lug which fits fine, but I wanted the micro brakes so I could run supersonic 300 BO or 7.62x39 too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got the Octane for my Scorpion out of jail so I wanted to switch the Wolfman to my AR SBR. So I mount the KeyMicro brake on the host and put the KeyMicro Adapter in the Wolfman. I put the Wolfman on the brake and turn it, getting the clicks until it stops.

And it wobbles.

A lot.

A quick bench measurement shows a total of 5/8" of travel from side to side. It does not appear to be locking at all, the adapter will rotate back and forth on the brake. I tried it on two 1/2 and a 5/8 brake and it behaves the same on all of them.

The brakes are part number DA109 and DA111. The micro brake adapter is part DA451.
View Quote

Had the same issue. I don’t know for sure but I put a little downward pressure as I was twisting it on and it just stopped wobbling. (Think opening a childproof pill bottle).

Now I’m afraid to take it off lol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#42]
My Wolfman is mainly used for my 9mm PCC’s with the 3 lug mount.  Is it okay to use the 3 lug mount and an adapter on 300 BO shooting subs only?  Or do I need to use my Key micro mount and brake?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And it wobbles.

A lot.

View Quote

Is the collar installed correctly? Sometimes it’s not spun all the way around to the next notch so it can’t get tight. It needs to go over the tooth one more time if that makes sense
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My Wolfman is mainly used for my 9mm PCC’s with the 3 lug mount.  Is it okay to use the 3 lug mount and an adapter on 300 BO shooting subs only?  Or do I need to use my Key micro mount and brake?
View Quote

Dead Air says supersonic rifle ammo must use the key micro brakes, so should be fine with subsonic BO.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is the collar installed correctly? Sometimes it’s not spun all the way around to the next notch so it can’t get tight. It needs to go over the tooth one more time if that makes sense
View Quote

That was it! I pushed the ring down so it would keep spinning. It locked up solid the next go around.

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dead Air says supersonic rifle ammo must use the key micro brakes, so should be fine with subsonic BO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would 5.7x28 out of a 10.5" barrel need a micro brake?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That was it! I pushed the ring down so it would keep spinning. It locked up solid the next go around.

Thank you very much!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much!

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#48]
what 9mm subsonic ammo are you guys liking on the wolfman? lawman 147s are still pretty loud.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I ordered my Wolfman end of November and mine came with the end cap tool and wipe as well. My Nomad-L has the 2 spanner wrenches but no end cap tool, which isn't a big deal because the one with my Wolfman fits, and my Mask also came with the end cap tool

I'm a home based FFL with a SOT.   I ordered a wolfman for myself from silencer shop.  Got it last week.  It came with the wipe and take down tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here is the washer

I ordered my Wolfman end of November and mine came with the end cap tool and wipe as well. My Nomad-L has the 2 spanner wrenches but no end cap tool, which isn't a big deal because the one with my Wolfman fits, and my Mask also came with the end cap tool

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
what 9mm subsonic ammo are you guys liking on the wolfman? lawman 147s are still pretty loud.
View Quote

I’ve been using Federal 150gr Syntech and Hush 165gr.  The Hush is really quiet so I shoot those a lot more.  I agree that the 147gr Lawmans are loud so I no longer shoot those suppressed.  
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top