Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:06:13 PM EDT
I've been wanting a dedicated Pistol Caliber Carbine suppressor for a while, and I'm leaning toward the Dead Air Wolf.

With the new $400 promo for a Ghost M though, I'm wondering if I wouldn't be just as happy buying that plus a Mask and for about the same price as just the Wolf having a nice rimfire can to go with a pistol can that also seems like it would work fine on a PCC.

Anybody have experience with the two on a PCC?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ghost I believe is a wipe suppressor and made mainly for handguns.

Probably wouldn't go wrong but that Wolf is purpose built for sub guns.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote wolf. But only because I have one in jail.

Wolf is purpose built for PCC. As mentioned above. Will be quieter too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a ghost and had I known they were coming out with the wolf I would have waited. Wolf all the way especially if you just run 9mm
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Ghost only has 1 wipe in the front cap, otherwise standard baffles.  The Wolf is indeed heavy duty and built for sub-machine guns primarily so do well on PCCs.  The Ghost also does just fine on a PCC.
View Quote
Which can/configuration is quieter/louder than what?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless you are shooting a full auto subgun or super sonic 300BO the Ghost/Mask deal is probably the better dollar and versatility value if you don't have any rimfire suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I vote wolf. But only because I have one in jail.

Wolf is purpose built for PCC. As mentioned above. Will be quieter too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unless you are shooting a full auto subgun or super sonic 300BO the Ghost/Mask deal is probably the better dollar and versatility value if you don't have any rimfire suppressors.
View Quote
My Ghost has well over 1,000 rounds of full auto 9mm from my Scorpion. No problems what so ever. It is a perfect fit for that use. That being said I have a Wolf in jail. It suppresses 9mm better. Especially without the wipe in the Ghost. I do love the versatility of the Ghost though. You can shoot anything from 22lr to 300 subs out of it. Why not a Wolf and a Ghost? You will end up with a Mask and a few Sandman cans down the road anyway. Haha.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both, and would recommend the Wolf for a dedicated PCC can.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have both, and would recommend the Wolf for a dedicated PCC can.
View Quote
Agreed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top