Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 3:36:44 PM EDT
Haven't had a lot of time with work and all, but finally got a day to go shoot. Have a .32 cal Kibler that I built and I am really loving getting to know the little rifle.

Couple pics of my messy bench.

Got started at 40 yds with .31 cal spit patched ball with 20gr of 3f. Results;

Two shots in the left bullet hole, 4 rds.

Second round, 4 shots with 25gr 3f and spit patched ball;

Getting better. Went up to 28gr of 3f;

In this one, my vanity got the best of me!! 4 shots in the one hole, wanted to be able to post a 5 shot one hole group, and immediately pulled the fifth one!!!!!!!!! Felt it when I did it!!

Anyhow, I have found my load for this little girl. All shots were wiped between with a lightly dampened patch with moose milk. Been trying to apply Dutch's methods. Learning slowly, but seeing improvement. All groups shot from a bench with rest.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
for those of us that don't know about these awesome things, I'm gonna ask the stupid question... Is it really Moose Milk?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s a pretty Rifle!!!  And that Tansel style horn is a great match!!!

Good shooting!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You done cut four bulls Alvin !! Nice rifle
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful rifle !

I'm wanting to get a nice looking flintlock to put on the wall sometime soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it really Moose Milk?
View Quote
In name only.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
That is one beautiful rifle, nice gear too! And great shooting!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
for those of us that don't know about these awesome things, I'm gonna ask the stupid question... Is it really Moose Milk?
View Quote

The version of moose milk i use is;
1 part Ballistol
2 parts isopropyl alcohol
1 part Murphy's oil soap
20 parts water
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a sweet Kibler and an even nicer horn! Sweet setup man.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice.... I tend to shoot my .36 a lot  more than others... I am  nervous about
going smaller than .36, though... I use Pam virgin olive oil as a patch
lubricant....isopropyl, murphys, hydrogen peroxide in equal parts each
works great for me in a GMB....wanting to try radius-bottomed rifling in
the future
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice.... I tend to shoot my .36 a lot  more than others... I am  nervous about
going smaller than .36, though... I use Pam virgin olive oil as a patch
lubricant....isopropyl, murphys, hydrogen peroxide in equal parts each
works great for me in a GMB....wanting to try radius-bottomed rifling in
the future
View Quote
I do like a ball/patch combo that isn't too tight on the .32.  That is a dainty rammer!!

Doc
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Beautiful rifle & horn!  I am glad to hear you are trying out Dutch's Method.  I, too, am going to give it a try in the near future.  Having a predictable way of patching has to be worthwhile.  I have a custom made .32 by John Bergmann my brother gifted to me a dozen or more years ago and I have yet to shoot it.  I am curious as to what diameter ball you are using?  I have been black powder shooting since the early 1970's and always used a lead ball .010 under the bore size and have never tried .005 under bore size.  I am wondering if you have tried this and if you have a preference?  Putting four together means you are doing something right!
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
HC
You called it.   .31 ball and old cotton t shirt patches.   I don't use a tight patch and ball in 32 since the rod is a bit small, and i don't have a range rod for the 32.  I have tried tight combos in my 58, but even if they are a bit more accurate,  i don't like fighting them.   Just my. O2.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Doc!  It will be June before I can get to the range and I need to get some patching material.  Things should free up after June 10 or so.  I really like your rifle!
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#14]
HC,

Be sure to catch a few pictures and post a report!!   Love to see what you have!

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top