Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2018 8:41:35 PM EDT
Being nostalgic about the air rifles of my youth,I acquired a Model 25. Not sure of it's age but in appearance it's close enough. Now i can show the grandkids what was around in the 1960's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

I have one at my parent's house that I used as a kid (in the 80s) that my dad bought in the 60s. Unfortunately, I lost the screw in bb holder whatchamacallit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great OP.  I used one as a kid as well and hope your kids appreciate it as much as you surely did.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
As a kid I always wanted a model 25 but all I had was a Red Rider lever action.

Many years later I saw one for sale and bought it.

I keep it handy for pests.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I still have my model 25 that was given to me about 1968 or 69. It was a hand me down from an Aunt who got it about 1963. I would like to get it rebuilt one day if possible. It doesn't have the power it used to plus sometimes the modern silver colored BB's just fall out of the barrel when you cock it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
This was my dad's and then mine.  He traded as a kid for it.  Built in the early 20's.  It's got the shorter cocking arm (they moved the fore-grip out another 3 or so inches a year or two after this was made).  It'll build arms on a little kid for sure.

But it was TIRED as hell by the time I got it in the 80's.  Shot in a low arc and couldn't make it to the far side of the lawn.  About 5 years ago, I opened it up and cleaned it.  HOLY SHIT does it ever shoot!  I wanna say it is like 310fps over the chronograph.  Way faster than any Red Ryder.

If I'm not mistaken, the current production barrel tubes will fit into any of them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still have my model 25 that was given to me about 1968 or 69. It was a hand me down from an Aunt who got it about 1963. I would like to get it rebuilt one day if possible. It doesn't have the power it used to plus sometimes the modern silver colored BB's just fall out of the barrel when you cock it.
View Quote
@toby1
take it apart and clean it and oil the plunger.  I'm sure it's just gunked up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I never thought about it being gunked up. I'll tear it down and give it it's first cleaning. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine had about 50 years worth of WD40 which had completed its transition to varnish.  It took a lot of cleaning, but man, it was AWESOME!  I got away with not replacing the main plunger seal, but it's in ratty shape.  I have to put 2-3 drops of oil in it every time I shoot it and the first 3-5 shots are kinda weak.

I take it out whenever we go camping or ice fishing and the kids poke holes through both sides of a beer can with it and send pinecones skittering about.

I also recommend getting some army men.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I just finished cleaning 50 years worth of gunk out of my model 25. For anyone interested, this video really helped me figure out how to dis-assemble and then re-assemble it. Although I did not replace them, the seals are available from Amazon. For what it's worth, numerous sources say that the shot tube from the Daisy model 99 will work in the Daisy model 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk84nSYMJ-o
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Id like to get one. Can you still buy them new?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
From my understanding yes you can. Daisy releases them in small batches, they're available for pre order on a few retailers now and supposedly they'll ship some time in March.

I was looking myself yesterday after picking up a Red Ryder. Already have a Buck and kinda want this and a Daisy Avanti 499 now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes,  Daisy made a rerun of them. I got one. They are well made. Mostly metal.

Here is one I would like to get but they are pricey now.  Daisy 21

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top