Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2018 10:40:52 AM EDT
on sale for $275. pretty good deal when people want 300 bucks for a used ones.

Now what do I do with this 37mm barrel I threw together...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They just have 12" barrels right now

I asked about 9" on their industry page. They said they plan on making them but no timeline on when it might happen
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, thought I'd share the sale price though, not sure how long that will last

they still fit a standard M4 though right?

I thought that's what I used overseas, but I never bothered to measure it. Pretty sure it was the same ones we had on M16A4s

at KCR in October they told me they are working on 37mm barrels too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They just have 12" barrels right now

I asked about 9" on their industry page. They said they plan on making them but no timeline on when it might happen
View Quote
Takes about two minutes to chuck up, dial in, and properly shorten a M203 barrel on the lathe. If you can't find someone locally to do it on the cheap, I'll do it for you for free if you'd like.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Takes about two minutes to chuck up, dial in, and properly shorten a M203 barrel on the lathe. If you can't find someone locally to do it on the cheap, I'll do it for you for free if you'd like.
View Quote
Pffft! I've got a hack saw, thank you very much

I just wanted pass along what they said about the 9" barrels. 12" will work just fine, who wouldn't want an extra 3"

Also, if you put it in your cart and leave it for a couple days they will send you an email offering free shipping. Must be logged in
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Fair enough! I wanted to offer, just in case. Not too many people into DDs, so I think we ought to all help one another.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fair enough! I wanted to offer, just in case. Not too many people into DDs, so I think we ought to all help one another.
View Quote
For sure, that was very kind of you to offer
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one for my A2, that way I won't need to cut it down. Now if they would only get the lowers back in stock so I could order one and form 1 it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would you really be able to shorten a 12" barrel down to 9" properly on a lathe? I have a 12" barrel that I want cut down to 9",  but don't have anyone locally to do it, and a hacksaw seems like a rough way to go.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, a lathe will work nice for doing a shorter barrel. I've done several that way. GROG
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
They gonna do another run of receivers?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
they told me and a few others that they were hoping to have them back in stock at the end of 2018. But they also told me they might not do it if they couldnt make 37mm barrels for them. but that would be very easy for them if they already make 40mm barrels.

I was told (by DSA) that they actually own the forging dies for the receivers and were tooling up to make the internals rather than outsourcing those parts as they have in the past. And that they may actually come out to be even cheaper due to being made totally in-house.

so everyone is still basically waiting. you can sign up for email notifications on their website
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
they told me and a few others that they were hoping to have them back in stock at the end of 2018. But they also told me they might not do it if they couldnt make 37mm barrels for them. but that would be very easy for them if they already make 40mm barrels.

I was told (by DSA) that they actually own the forging dies for the receivers and were tooling up to make the internals rather than outsourcing those parts as they have in the past. And that they may actually come out to be even cheaper due to being made totally in-house.

so everyone is still basically waiting. you can sign up for email notifications on their website
View Quote
I was told the same. It seems that they're going to try to own the 40mm/M203 civilian market... which makes me wonder what they might have in mind for the ammunition side of the equation. After all, MAST no longer sells cases for direct commercial sale...
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
we really need a dealer to buy a whole boatload of chalk and all the ALS and deftec offerings and then put them on the open market. Heck, they even have training kits with re-useable plastic projectiles, that would be perfect for people starting out in the 40mm game. Also sell a bunch of the foam baton rounds as they are pretty fun.

There are also foam/sponge rounds that have marking chalk and are a blast to shoot at inanimate objects. Hurricane butterfly has some with B+Ts new launcher, but they aren't interested in private sales of them yet. Maybe if I bug them enough they will be. I also wouldn't mind a demilled B+T launcher...
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I had sent them a message asking about complete receivers just before New Years, and they replied yesterday that it'd maybe be a few months.

A few months ago, they had told me end of 2018 maybe.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Guess i wont be getting one before i deploy.  Guess i need to get an ffl dealer who is willing to store one for me til i get back
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:47:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a rail mount LMT m203 with a 9" bbl. Are these 12" bbls compatible? Any legal issues with having multiple bbls? Don't think so, but sometimes atf is dumb...
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a rail mount LMT m203 with a 9" bbl. Are these 12" bbls compatible? Any legal issues with having multiple bbls? Don't think so, but sometimes atf is dumb...
View Quote
In order: For milspec 40mm M203s, yes, different barrel lengths work fine. No legal issues, either.

Good call on asking, you aren't kidding about the crazy interpretations of law, lately!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
If your going to shorten a 40mm barrel,  please make sure you chamfer the inside edge of the barrel after you cut it.  The rotating band of the grenade will have rifling pressed into it and it will fly out wonky if the rifling embedded on the rotating band engages on the sharp inside cut of the barrel...  Say NO to Wonky Grenades.

Destiny

I'm not dead yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If your going to shorten a 40mm barrel,  please make sure you chamfer the inside edge of the barrel after you cut it.  The rotating band of the grenade will have rifling pressed into it and it will fly out wonky if the rifling embedded on the rotating band engages on the sharp inside cut of the barrel...  Say NO to Wonky Grenades.

Destiny

I'm not dead yet.
View Quote
I never know whether to chuckle or tear up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guess i wont be getting one before i deploy.  Guess i need to get an ffl dealer who is willing to store one for me til i get back
View Quote
Why would you need an FFL to store a barrel?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Destiny

I'm not dead yet.
Either way, I'm still glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Either way, I'm still glad to hear it.
View Quote
We all are...

You don't need an FFL to store your barrel. The only requirement is that it not be stored in the same place as your launcher until you get your approval back. So, drop it at your friend's, or parents, or anyplace not where the launcher is. GROG
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
we really need a dealer to buy a whole boatload of chalk and all the ALS and deftec offerings and then put them on the open market. Heck, they even have training kits with re-useable plastic projectiles, that would be perfect for people starting out in the 40mm game. Also sell a bunch of the foam baton rounds as they are pretty fun.

There are also foam/sponge rounds that have marking chalk and are a blast to shoot at inanimate objects. Hurricane butterfly has some with B+Ts new launcher, but they aren't interested in private sales of them yet. Maybe if I bug them enough they will be. I also wouldn't mind a demilled B+T launcher...
View Quote
I wonder if the ATF would approve import of the B&T launcher as a smooth 37mm?
Their reloading system is super slick.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why would you need an FFL to store a barrel?
View Quote
I meant the receiver. Already got a barrel at my dad's house and a 37mm barrel at my place.  Though i dont know if ill use the 37 except for a display piece while waiting for the stamp.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]
You can mount and use the 37mm barrel as long as you do not have AP ammo... Only gas, flares, or smokes. The 40mm barrel makes the DD... Drop the 40 barrel at your Dad's, and pick up your receiver, mount your 37mm. When the paper comes, pick up your 40 barrel. GROG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top