Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2018 11:46:10 PM EDT
just saw an FAL with a DPMS Receiver , said they made the receiver around 2002 , any one know anything about them ??
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a DPMS receiver.  Are you sure that's what you were told?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never heard of a DPMS FAL receiver.
View Quote
+1

DSA maybe?

Yeah they did make some apparently. So I learned something today
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There are some out there.   I can't remember the story though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are some out there.   I can't remember the story though.
View Quote
Apparently you are correct.
https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46964

Looks like Brownells even sold some of them (prior to 2003). There are estimates they made about 300.
Seems they weren't very good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Apparently you are correct.
https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46964

Looks like Brownells even sold some of them (prior to 2003). There are estimates they made about 300.
Seems they weren't very good.
View Quote
I was looking at pics of gear logo recs and came across the DPMS rec built fal , did more looking today and like you say not many were happy with them , maybe better as a paper weight
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure I read something regarding DPMS FAL receivers on FALFiles, the memory is foggy though. IIRC they were made by Olympic Arms. That would explain the level of quality.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
It could have been a Hesse made receiver. Hesse and DPMS were only 25-30 miles away from each other at that time in and around the Minneapolis St Paul area.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
i bought a DPMS Fal when they first came out.  wow has it been that long?.  Cast reciever that they did the minimum machining they could to it.  the outside was still rough with no surfacing .  i remember that it timed short.  Got rid of it a long time ago.

don't buy it is my rec.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I can only imagine how poor quality a DPMS FAL would be.  I'd take a Century over it ... at least some Century FALs used Imbel uppers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top