Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2018 4:07:46 PM EDT
I am having a hard time getting answer back from diversified machine so maybe they’ll either see this or someone can shed some light on my question. I really like the idea of utilizing their ASR/keymo tube to do a form 1 build. However I want it in a shorter length. 5.5” tube to be exact. Does anyone know if they can do this and how I go about from them or know of another person that can? I’ve read that DM is quality so I’d rather stick with that I just can’t seem to get an answer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris at DM can do it, but you might get a quicker response and a lower price from [email protected].  Perhaps even ask Rusty to set the front end internal diameter so you can use SiCo or Howards front caps.  This might be useful if you want to try the Anchor Brake front cap.  Don't buy these pre-drilled front caps until your Form 1 is approved though.

5.5" is pretty short, so Rusty's cones might work well as they can stack close.  Some commercial K cans only have as few as 3 baffles, and as many as 5 or 6, all depending on BC length and how tight they can nest.  Lots of radial cones need at least 0.4-0.5" spacing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I've sent about six emails wanting to purchase items and have yet to get an answer back. Business went elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Does he have a website?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I should have specified but I meant the guy Rusty who was mentioned in a previous reply.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
DM can do the custom length, and everything I have received from him has been great, but he is hard to get a hold of, and shipping is slow.

Rusty seems to be quick to respond and he has always finished working on my stuff with in a week. I asked him about the exact same tube and length you are asking about for a friend and he said he could do it.

I have a 5 or 5.5 in 5.56 can made from DM parts. It uses a yankee hill mount and has three 60 degree cones with Rusty's double hybrid clip. It is loud, but it works great for what it is and does not add much length at all. I can dump a mag with out my ears ringing, but it's not quiet.

James
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I never could get them to respond. However it seemed like DM had the best stuff so I rolled the dice and my stuff shipped about 2 weeks later. It looks pretty solid so I’m satisfied in the end.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never could get them to respond. However it seemed like DM had the best stuff so I rolled the dice and my stuff shipped about 2 weeks later. It looks pretty solid so I’m satisfied in the end.
View Quote
Great guy, top quality, very busy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes. No one has ever needed an intern / lacky more than Chris. I ordered 3 custom kits from him, and it took over a year. Everything he does that is not machining should be handled by some relatives, volunteers, poor college students, or whatever, because his business is suffering as he tries to split his attention between production and everything else. He does damn good machining, no doubt about that, and I love that he supports the F1 can makers of the world, but if he wants this to really thrive there needs to be a division of labor, or some automation, or something.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I received a shipping notice today from DM for an order placed 12/6. Given the holidays I don't guess that's so bad, but it was listed as in stock when I ordered it, and was charged immediately. It's more grating that I never got a response to a simple question in an email about it, so I guess I'll ask it here-

DM 1.125x0.995 6 inch titanium kit. Safe for PS90 sbr or no? I got this for .22s but I'll sbr my ps90 if it will be okay. I know it's not the best suppressor host, though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd want some SS blast baffles, but if you make all of the bores in the cones the same and rotate them around, you should get some life out of them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been waiting 4 months for some items.  I made the mistake of adding a 'soon' item to an in-stock order.  He's done well on three prior orders so I'm not concerned, but I can see where this can put some people off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top