Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2022 11:58:56 AM EDT
UPDATE (2/13):  Yes, they are still in business - just got shipping notice.
UPDATE (3/27):  Maybe not...  tracking number was invalidated and haven't received anything.

They seem like a smaller shop.  I placed an order with them last week for some parts I need, but can't get any status update on my order.  Yeah, I've called them and left VM.  I've emailed asking and even filled out the contact form on their site.  I am not 'that guy' that buys something and emails 4 hours later to ask if it has shipped - but I just want to know if I should expect the items in a week, a month or 6 months.  It's a bit disturbing that their contact form is called "Waiting for your order?Please fill out the form below to restart your order."  

So since I can't get in touch with the company, just looking for some feedback from people that have purchased from them before.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well crap.  I knew about the issues they had with the receivers many years ago (2014?), but I figured that since the only things on the site now are small parts and adapters... and that the copyright on the page was updated as of 2021 (so I know it doesn't auto-increment based on current date since it's still 2001), they must still be in business.

Someone's paying for the site.  The email still works (I got order confirmation via email), and still has a valid merchant account obviously...

It was for less than $50 luckily.  Do I wait or request a chargeback on my CC?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one of the DDLES 9mm lowers early in the first run. Didn't take too long to get it from the time I ordered it. I believe it was barely less than a month.
After about 6 or 7 months people really started getting screwed.

Thought about getting one of the 5.56 recievers when they offered them.  But some were waiting up to a year on their 9mm lowers. So I opted not to get in line for a 5.56 lower.

My 9mm lower is flawless.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Do any of you guys have any luck with their 553 m4 adapters?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do any of you guys have any luck with their 553 m4 adapters?
View Quote

I had one for my Sig 556, it was pretty solid and a good product. How I got it is a different story.

Once upon a time (2013) they were offering a service where they'd chop Sig 550 handguards for the Sig 556 SBR to approximate Sig 552 handguards and manufacture a handguard ring to go with it. Found a set of 550 handguards, sent them in along with payment for the service and the handguard ring. Long story short, they lost the handguards and never shipped the ring. After about a year, I finally got ahold of someone and told them to just send me a stock adapter and I'd call it even.

There's a 44 page thread in the archives about DDLES. Props to the Arfcommer who started it; he's the one who took the initiative to try and get folks with outstanding orders squared away. That being said, it was eight years ago that I last had interaction with them so things may have changed. Take it for what's it's worth.

Considering 550 handguard availability being what it is these days, still kinda chaps my ass they lost 'em.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. I'll roll the dice and order one. Considering 553 stocks are rare and outrageously expensive. And the ACR adaptors are sold out currently.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep - they are still in business, as I just got the shipping notice.  Whew!
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Back some years ago that was the only way people could get what they ordered. Call or email to check on parts. Or threaten a charge back. Sometimes they would give a tracking number. But sometimes it would be one they generated, but never actually had parts to ship

Give it a day and see if the tracking number is valid. Or shows "tracking number generated but not in our system"

That was a little gem they pulled periodically.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#9]
True - it just says "created" in the USPS system, but at least I know that it's not a 'zombie' site per se - there is someone behind it that's actually doing something, which is a better spot than I was in before.

Either way, it was a sub $50 order, so I'm not out much if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
In all my years of buying guns DDLES is the only company that has screwed me out of $$$.

I ordered a complete AR-9 from them in December of 2012. They eventually ended up sending me the lower (I think so that the ATF wouldn’t get involved). But he screwed me out of the other $560 of parts that I had ordered. I contacted the AZ BBB and joined a group trying to get their money back. Never happened. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought an AR stock adapter for my Sig 556 back in 2011 or 2012. No issues, and I recently changed from a CTR to a UBR; I did have to grind down the thread end of the buffer tube a bit in order for the end plate to fit all the way in the adapter since the threads weren't deep enough and the buffer tube would bottom out against the back wall of the adapter.

I thought they went out of business a few years ago, but it looks like their site is back up?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, an update from my 2/14 post above...  the USPS tracking info still says:

StatusShipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
February 13, 2022 at 10:31 am

PEWAUKEE, WI 53072

Maybe he lives far away from a post office and only drops packages once a month.
Maybe he is still waiting for the parts to arrive or be made.
Maybe it's all part of a scam to drag it out long enough to make it appear like you're getting something until it has been too long to dispute the charge.

Going to give it another few weeks, as I really need these parts and they aren't available anywhere else.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
What parts are you needing? Sure the company who bought them out doesn't carry what you need? https://www.quartercircle10.com/
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What parts are you needing? Sure the company who bought them out doesn't carry what you need? https://www.quartercircle10.com/
View Quote

SIG 556 parts.  Quarter circle doesn't have anything for that platform.  I am after the folding stock button, spring and hinge pin.  DDLES has them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quarter circle or whatever was the Glock mag lowers that went to shit.

DDLES has more stock adapter parts and 55X stock parts.

I bought some things last year, I don’t recall getting any emails but I did get parts eventually. I need to do another order soon for some small parts. I’m going to cross my fingers when I click submit lol.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm waiting on an M4 adapter from DDLES as well. I have tracking number for the past two weeks but no movement, looks like it hasnt made it to post office yet.

I've ordered from him in the past year, I received everything I ordered but it's never taken this long before. Not sure whats going on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on an M4 adapter from DDLES as well. I have tracking number for the past two weeks but no movement, looks like it hasnt made it to post office yet.

I've ordered from him in the past year, I received everything I ordered but it's never taken this long before. Not sure whats going on.
View Quote
What day did you place the original order?
What day did you get notice of the "shipping" (ie, the tracking number)?

I placed my order on 02-04
I got the shipping notification on 02-13

Like you, it's just a tracking number generated, but hasn't been given to the post office.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered 2/2/22, received shipping info on 2/13.

Its funny. My tracking info (last four, 1801) must have been generated at the exact same time as yours 2/13 @ 10:31am Pewaukee, WI.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ordered 2/2/22, received shipping info on 2/13.

Its funny. My tracking info (last four, 1801) must have been generated at the exact same time as yours 2/13 @ 10:31am Pewaukee, WI.
View Quote
Mine came in from [email protected] at 9:41am (last 4 are 1771).  So that's good they are different and at different times - he must do them in batches on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.  

I wonder how often he actually takes the item to the post office.  Does the shipping label go bad at some point if it's not shipped?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quarter circle or whatever was the Glock mag lowers that went to shit.

DDLES has more stock adapter parts and 55X stock parts.

I bought some things last year, I don’t recall getting any emails but I did get parts eventually. I need to do another order soon for some small parts. I’m going to cross my fingers when I click submit lol.
View Quote

No, no, DDLES was the Glock mag lowers that went to shit, Quarter Circle took the lower over & actually ships them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Just got this email from DDLES:

Dear customer,

As some of you know, we are in the process of moving from Arizona to Mississippi. There are difficulties we expected in this move. Those have taken a little longer to overcome, but we will overcome those difficulties in approximately 6 months. And have production up and running in Mississippi. Until that time we will continue production in Arizona.

One unexpected difficulty was in shipping. We discovered that if we had an order and we were delayed in shipping that order, our shipping website would cancel the shipping label without providing notice. This cancellation of shipping labels resulted in us shipping out orders and the customers not receiving their packages.

Now that we know the issue and how to track where the problem is, we can start to recover and make sure customers get their orders. We will make sure every customer will receive the items they ordered.

We did also have another issue that we hope was a one time, singular event. We shipped inventory from Arizona to Mississippi to be able to fulfill our customers' orders.  This shipment arrived damaged and with 90% of the items missing. This compounded the losses of the shipments to customers that went missing due to the cancelled labels.

With all that said, we will be shipping orders now and being very careful to make sure the orders get to our customers. Thank you so much for your patience.

We have discovered that your order was affected by the label cancellation. We will ship your order again. You will receive a new email with a tracking number.

Best regards,
Jon Beaudry
DDLES
414-979-9708

View Quote

My gut opinion is that this is just another delay tactic to string things along to avoid chargebacks until the ability to do a chargeback passes.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I think QC10 (quarter circle 10)bought them out years ago.
There was a big DDLES thread around 2014. They are a big no no.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  Just got this email from DDLES:

My gut opinion is that this is just another delay tactic to string things along to avoid chargebacks until the ability to do a chargeback passes.  Ugh.
View Quote

Just do the chargeback, man.  Give em a ring afterwards & tell em you've cancelled the order b/c of their continual delays.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I very nearly lost $2000 back in the 2012 fiasco. I waited till the chargeback window had passed. I was so lucky to get the gun. If DDLES is owned by the same guy I'd say call your CC company and find out what the window of time is for a chargeback. Definitely don't let the charge back window lapse.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Do the charge back NOW. They have a bad history of not delivering.

I was lucky and got my 9mm lower early in the 1st run. So it only took about a month to get it. The longer they went on, the worse it got for people ordering from them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I placed a order on 3-7-22 for a 553 stock button... I still haven't heard a thing from them... Sent a couple emails and called and left a voice mail and got no response... I placed a couple orders in the past and had no problem... Think I'll give them one more week and call my bank for a charge back...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got one of the DDLES 9mm lowers early in the first run. Didn't take too long to get it from the time I ordered it. I believe it was barely less than a month.
After about 6 or 7 months people really started getting screwed.

Thought about getting one of the 5.56 recievers when they offered them.  But some were waiting up to a year on their 9mm lowers. So I opted not to get in line for a 5.56 lower.

My 9mm lower is flawless.
View Quote

Similar story here. I don't know if it was the first run, but I received my 9mm lower from DDLES. Fit and finish is perfect. Shortly afterwards people were posting that they were getting screwed by them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Same here. Bought one early on and received it quickly. Ended up selling it and years later bought one from quarter circle. Fit and finish on both were great
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I placed a order on 3-7-22 for a 553 stock button... I still haven't heard a thing from them... Sent a couple emails and called and left a voice mail and got no response... I placed a couple orders in the past and had no problem... Think I'll give them one more week and call my bank for a charge back...
View Quote

I've been patient long enough and after 1/2 a dozen phone calls and emails with no response I filed for a charge back...
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Yep - I did chargebacks on both my orders.

The ironic thing is, he did email me and gave me this sob story about moving and how he'd still ship me all my stuff, etc, etc.  

He clearly is just using his store for the occasional desperate person to want something unique he has and string them along long enough to avoid a chargeback.  I'd assume that if he gets enough chargebacks, his CC processor will drop him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I have an order in since June and have not heard anything from them.  Left many voice mails and sent many emails.  Now, emails are bouncing back undeliverable.  I've ordered several times in the past with no problems.  Has anybody heard anything or received anything lately?

rambo
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think QC10 (quarter circle 10)bought them out years ago.
There was a big DDLES thread around 2014. They are a big no no.
View Quote
IIRC, QC10 was always the OEM.  After DDLES screwed everyone, including QC10, they started selling the lowers under their own brand instead of the DDLES variance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have an order in since June and have not heard anything from them.  Left many voice mails and sent many emails.  Now, emails are bouncing back undeliverable.  I've ordered several times in the past with no problems.  Has anybody heard anything or received anything lately?

rambo
View Quote

Nah man, you keep trying. You'll get it eventually, just keep breezing through any more red flags you find.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
IIRC, QC10 was always the OEM.  After DDLES screwed everyone, including QC10, they started selling the lowers under their own brand instead of the DDLES variance.
View Quote

Jon started DDLES in his garage making regular AR-15 lowers, I have one of the first batch, went to his house to get it.

After some success with them, he expanded and moved into a regular shop, with some new machines.  

He had to get some investors to finance the expansion, and the guy that now owns QC10 was the main one.

Jon designed the dedicated 9mm Colt-style lower, I have one of those early ones also.

He then designed the Glock pattern lower (I think he was the first to try) and had some early teething problems, started making all kinds of other parts, had some supply issues.

Started going downhill, he bought lots of toys, and had some personal issues, fast forward, Investors ended up with everything, restarted the business as QC10.

IIRC, QC10 made good on almost everything that was paid for.

DDLES had a store front for a while, went there a few times, never anyone there, not sure if he still has it, been a few years.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#35]
The only gun deal I’ve ever gotten screwed on was from DDLES. They ended up delivering the lower as to avoid the ATF.  Everything else from the order was a total loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top