Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2020 11:34:11 PM EDT
I was under the impression that the Odessa 9 has 11 numbered baffles. (I see 11 i videos, DA's site,etc)

But I had 1 that was back ordered at Silencer Shop for 3 months. It just arrived & It has just 10 #'ed baffles?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the overall length equal the listing on their website and what it says on your form 4?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the overall length equal the listing on their website and what it says on your form 4?
View Quote

maybe? But it's hard to say & were they measure. The length with the F4 is greater than their site.

Plus this fr. their site:

Enter the Odessa-9.

The Odessa-9 features a 1.1? tube, allowing you to fully utilize your stock sights. That’s right, the Odessa-9 is almost as small as our Mask. It is also fully modular and can be shot in multiple configurations. 10 to be exact (well, 11 if you don’t use ANY baffles). If you stack only four baffles you’ll be close to, or below, hearing safe levels with subsonic ammunition. Stack on the full 11 baffles and we’ve hovered just shy of 122dB with HUSH subsonic ammo. With the smaller tube and this much modularity, your suppressed handgun life just got easier.

Some pics appear to show 10 baffles & some appear to show 11. I'm confused.

@Atlmike

@Mageever
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It now comes with 10. It used to come with 11.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I recall the 11th baffle didn’t add much more suppression in Dead Air’s metering. Still, being able to turn it up to a Spinal Tap ‘11’ has its appeal..
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. I'll release a comprehensive test report eventually to show everyone the real differences.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess it's no big deal if that's the case. But DA should update all their stuff (site, manual, etc, etc).

Getting one thing & expecting for & paying for another irks me. Plus it kills a bit of the excitement of the new can for myself. Regardless of whether it makes little difference in performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top