Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 5:50:50 PM EDT
both guns don't feed well
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more info. What exactly are you experiencing?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#2]
they both jam up wont feed rounds action is smooth when no rounds are in mag but have to force bolt closed with rounds
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Get that on my carbine in .223.  Seems to be related to magazine lips needing smoothing, maybe reshaping some, perhaps fit of the mags and the stock, etc., all coming together right.  Try shoving the bolt forward with your thumb on the back of the bolt.  I'm considering spending some time with my mags or sending the mags and the rifle to them to tune it up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
That's just how the CZ actions are.  I've owned multiple 527s, multiple 550s, etc.  I even had a semi-custom 550 which was the UHR in 300 Win Mag.  Even that thing had rough feeding.  They should smooth up with time, but they always come very gritty out of the box and you usually need to shoot them a bit to get them to smoothen up.  That's kind of the trade off with them.  Obscenely tough actions and exceptional barrels providing great accuracy, but the fit/finish leave a bit to be desired.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine does that, the bolt binds when you push it by the handle.  Only with rounds in the magazine.  You need to put you thumb on the back on the bolt and push straight forward, that will solve the problem.  Annoying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had that happen with my Grendels. The rest have all been pretty good.

My 550 in .243 is probably the smoothest cycling bolt action I've ever run.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I read where putting your thumb on the back of the Cz 527 bolt helped feeding.   Makes a huge difference on my Cz 527 American in 6.5 Grendel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top