Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2023 1:05:58 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a shop to cut down a Larue Stealth 2.0 handguard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are you looking to take off?  Could easily be done with a chop saw and the proper blade.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The only one I’ve ever seen mentioned is Chop Boss, and the vast majority of reviews were good.  That said, at his prices, I’d think you’re better off either buying a shorter model of the same handguard you already have or exploring other options that’ll be short enough to meet your requirements.  

Only other thing I’d consider is chopping it yourself, because it’s a fairly straight forward process unless you own no tools.  Refinishing the bare aluminum isn’t hard either unless you’re wanting to go the Cerakote or re-anodizing route.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Take it to your local machinists. They can do it for next to nothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I want this done correctly and professionally. I won't chop it myself. Want it to be done by a true machinist. I've heard of Chop Boss and he isn't cheap , but his work looks great.

Larue does not make the Stealth 2.0 upper/rail in the length I need. This gun is an all Larue SBR so I won't use another brand.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
Take it to your local machinists. They can do it for next to nothing.
View Quote

I'm going to explore this route as well but I don't know any good local machinists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top