Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2023 7:46:45 PM EDT
Not a shotgun expert, but I have a Mossberg 9200A1 Jungle Gun that I cherish for some reason. Bought it new and got the Choate folding stock and an extra barrel on closeout for $50.

Now, I'm thinking cutting the spare barrel down to 12" and putting the folding stock on it would make a cool fun gun.

Obviously, cutting it like that would get rid of any choke it had (IC?), so is getting the barrel, which is pretty heavy, threaded for chokes a good idea?

From what I gather, Rem-chokes are pretty standard, so who can  cut and thread the barrel for chokes?

And don't say any competent local gunsmith, because I haven't found one of those yet, lol.

If you are a competent local gunsmith in the N metro ATL area, feel free to reach out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Rose Action Sports.

They can do it all
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Third vote for Steve @ Rose Action Sports, Don't bother sending it anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Fourth for Rose Action Sports. He did my shockwave barrel up for chokes and it's been great!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it. Can they do engraving?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kc3:
Looks like it. Can they do engraving?
View Quote

You’ll have to ask but I don’t think so.

Paging @GunCat

I get my engraving done at Tar Heel State Firearms.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I had him thread an old cut down mossberg 500 barrel for me with a mossberg style threading. So don’t just assume you will have to go to a fifteenth make unless you want to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scrambler07:
I had him thread an old cut down mossberg 500 barrel for me with a mossberg style threading. So don’t just assume you will have to go to a fifteenth make unless you want to.
View Quote

He can’t/won’t do Benelli Crio threading because apparently the taps are unobtanium.

He did my M2 with TruChoke threading, which is apparently the same as Remington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top