Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2018 10:22:12 AM EDT
So I just got my lower and buffer tube back from my buddy.  He and I spent a lot of time with the mix to get the right color.  Still have to finish assembling everything but wanted ya’ll opinion on the color.

The upper is one of the tanodized ones that was up in the EE and the rail is a ddc MK4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful color! I'm a huge fan of tan/FDE anodizing and this color fits right into that theme. Curious to see this build progress. Great job, OP!
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a good color match of the hand guard. I like it. Also like the “PEW” engravings for the fire selector
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What BCG will you be using?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, this lower has been with me for a while.  Its SN 808 of the pew lowers from aero.

Regarding the build, it should be done this week and I’ll be sure to post up more pictures and specs of it, as well as a few pictures of it’s little brother and it’s specs.

Travis
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Bcm FDE ionbond
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bcm FDE ionbond
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bcm FDE ionbond
Nice choice. I have one as well and it's a great BCG. Should look good in that upper.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Well done!
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I the color. Do you plan to do the rest of the rifle in your custom color or leave it with multiple colors for the various parts?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
here's a few more pictures from yesterday.

here's the color in the sunlight:
Attachment Attached File

Here it is in the shade:
Attachment Attached File

and here's another shot of the rifle, the streamlight and the cloud defensive switch mount are both burnt bronze for reference
Attachment Attached File

sorry for the craptastic photos, i'm no photographer that's for sure

Travis
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I the color. Do you plan to do the rest of the rifle in your custom color or leave it with multiple colors for the various parts?
View Quote
gonna leave it mix-matched
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the difference in the color in and out of the sunlight.

ETA: What barrel and muzzle device are you using?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
in those pictures i have a 16" LaRue Stealth installed, still up in the air if i'll leave it on or swap to the 16" BA SS barrel.

regarding the flash hider, thats a Griffin Armament Micro Flash hider so i can mount my supressor (300 PHS)

T
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
in those pictures i have a 16" LaRue Stealth installed, still up in the air if i'll leave it on or swap to the 16" BA SS barrel.

regarding the flash hider, thats a Griffin Armament Micro Flash hider so i can mount my supressor (300 PHS)

T
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T
Kewl. I'd stick with the LaRue barrel if it were mine. Nothing wrong with the BA barrel, but LaRue has always been known for accuracy, so that thing should be a tack driver with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I like it. Looks very similar to a color I achieved with a 75/25 mix of burnt bronze and graphite black.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like it. Looks very similar to a color I achieved with a 75/25 mix of burnt bronze and graphite black.
http://i.imgur.com/165mmNf.jpg
View Quote
That looks great! The mix we came up with is burnt bronze, tungsten, patriot brown and silver shimmer
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I know what I would be doing if it were mine as I'm a bit quirky that way but you seem happy with it, enjoy.  Whatever color your grip and stock are is a good accent match to the tube and lower.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

just did a new mix to try and match the shade of DDC on my 10.3".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top