Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2021 12:35:20 AM EDT
My dealer sent my form 4 off March 15th and the check hasn't been cashed yet. Any clues on what the current time frame for the check to cashed is?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If the above chart is accurate it looks like my check should be cashed pretty soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Aside from that chart being a year out of date, why does it have Form 4 eFile?  Does that even exist?  If it doesn’t exist, how can it have valid data?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was curious as to how many days others have waited before their check was cashed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s been my experience that the check is cashed rather quickly after receiving the form, usually within 2-3days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’s been my experience that the check is cashed rather quickly after receiving the form, usually within 2-3days.
View Quote

I was wondering if they are running behind, my dealer sent it in on March 15th and the check hasn't been cashed yet. I called the ATF and they don't have it in the system yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was wondering if they are running behind, my dealer sent it in on March 15th and the check hasn't been cashed yet. I called the ATF and they don't have it in the system yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You never know between ATF and the USPS, perhaps they are behind but they usually take your money very quickly. The only time l’ve run into a long lag time between them receiving a form and not processing a check was when my dealer inadvertently mailed a Form 4 to the old Atlanta GA address instead of the Portland OR address. It took approximately 30 days for it to be “returned to sender”. Once it was mailed to Portland the check was processed within 3 days of receiving IIRCC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
my last purchase on silencershop, 4/26 mailed, 4/30 check cashed...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Last two were mailed on April 23rd.  One was cashed on the 29th and the other on the 30th.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
As others have stated, Check is usually cashed within a week or receipt.
On rare occasions, the check isn't cashed until an examiner finds it later in the processing pipeline...
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As others have stated, Check is usually cashed within a week or receipt.
On rare occasions, the check isn't cashed until an examiner finds it later in the processing pipeline...
View Quote

I may have to contact the dealer and see if he has any tracking info to be sure it arrived. USPS hasn't been overly reliable lately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top