Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2020 8:25:36 AM EDT
It seems like, from searches, the 2020 sear is quite popular. Is this the way to go?

Have had a HTM pack (MSAR and AR-15 components) and a Neu-Trigger for about four years. Installed the Neu yesterday in the factory pack. Only dry-fired. Jury is out - long takeup, crisper feeling break.

I really like the HTM pack. I know they have a reputation for doubling; I had this happen but don’t think it was actually doubling. The long takeup of the plastic trigger itself, which was never altered from the full auto Stg, plus the light trigger positions your finger right at the break point - if you don’t remove your trigger finger, you can induce bump firing pretty easily, but it’s not the pack - it’s you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
For me the 2020 just removes all the take up in the trigger pull but the break is no lighter than factory. I also had to loosen up the trigger and pound the trigger bars back a little bit as my safety wasn't able to engage after installing the 2020 sear.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Digitrigger?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Digitrigger?
View Quote

That's a really interesting thought applied to the AUG. There's plenty of space in the storage compartment of the stock for battery storage, which is coincidentally right under the hammerpack. I wonder if a stationary trigger with pressure pad switch would be needed. A hollow rod from trigger to pack could follow and route the wires through the same trigger transfer rod areas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
A digi trigger for an AUG would be phenomenal indeed!

tsh77769
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Of the options that are currently available I prefer the 2020 Precision sear. It makes a significant positive improvement on reset distance, take-up, and overall feel.

I do have experience with the AR15 FCG in the AUG pack (forget the name just now). It was fine and a big improvement overall and in pull weight. However, some peopl have reported doubling, though I agree with the previous posters assessment on that. What worries me is a possible reduction in drop safety. Most importantly for me personally though is that I don't think they are worth the price that they currently command.

I really want to try a 202 sear and a neu trigger together.

A neu trigger is s $30 shim that offers a small pull reduction and the 2020 sear is a $100 part that has much more important effects on overall trigger quality. If you could only get one, put the $30 you would have spend on the neu trigger towards the 2020 sear. If you can get both, do it and let me know and send one to me thanks (my wife lost her job to corona and it isn't coming back, so the last gun I bought I had to sell 3 to get).

tsh77769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top