Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2018 6:54:35 PM EDT
I have a pair of these in a pair of Crye pants and I quit wearing them because they kept working their way out.  The velcro attachment wouldn't hold them in place and the edge of the inner pad would work its way out.

I heard come guys just tuck the entire pad into the pocket and don't worry about the pant fabric being behind the hard kneecap but instead shove the rim of the hard kneecap inside the kneepad pocket.  I tried this.  No luck.  They still come out.

How the hell do you guys keep the knee pads in the pants?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
By being so poor that I cannot afford either item...
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a pair of these in a pair of Crye pants and I quit wearing them because they kept working their way out.  The velcro attachment wouldn't hold them in place and the edge of the inner pad would work its way out.

I heard come guys just tuck the entire pad into the pocket and don't worry about the pant fabric being behind the hard kneecap but instead shove the rim of the hard kneecap inside the kneepad pocket.  I tried this.  No luck.  They still come out.

How the hell do you guys keep the knee pads in the pants?
View Quote
Could sew more velcro to the back of the pad and have some sewn inside the pocket. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
I don't have Cryes, but I mod my own pants, so I made the cut's rather tight so I don't have to worry about them coming out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the pant velcro worn out? The pad velcro worn out?  Not immitation knee pads? With fresh velcro they are hard to pull out to wash. Do you have the old combat knee pads or newer Airflex knee pads?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Are these gen 1 pants? Gen 2 has a flap that you can completely cover up the knee pad. There really isn’t a great solution for the gen 1 pants. I’ve lost a ton of knee pads. A solution is to wear the black field knee pads in the combat pants. They fill the whole hole and are stiffer so they stay in better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top