Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2018 6:12:40 PM EDT
What do you think would be a better quality option on a general basis with the JPC being only about $10 more in this scenario?

Thanks, any thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The parroz requires a chest rig or placard, but it works with swiftclips. Crye has their own system, which is limiting. The JPC 2.0 allows crye's zip on panels, but that's also limiting. If you are already in crye's ecosystem It's a great carrier, if you're not it is very expensive to get into it. Also the perroz is in Canadian dollars so It's less than the crye by more than you think.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The parroz requires a chest rig or placard, but it works with swiftclips. Crye has their own system, which is limiting. The JPC 2.0 allows crye's zip on panels, but that's also limiting. If you are already in crye's ecosystem It's a great carrier, if you're not it is very expensive to get into it. Also the perroz is in Canadian dollars so It's less than the crye by more than you think.
View Quote
Thanks for the response, I can actually get it for the same price accounting for the currency difference. The Perroz would actually be much more with the full molle back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't NEED the Crye placards. I have my JPC 2.0 set up to take swiftclips no biggie.

How is the ability to far zip on back panels limiting? It still has useable MOLLE, which on the Perroz is a $150 upgrade.

The JPC 2.0 has lots of little features like a built in low profile admin slot CBS emergency doff. The new pricing on the 2.0 makes it a no-brainer. Even at the old pricing I paid, I still would have chosen it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/sketch-1522020875681-494273.png
View Quote
Nice. I actually have a D3CRx and a Micro fight chassis so I'd definitely have to do the swift clips too. I'm probably gonna get one of these.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
They both appear to be really well made kit.  I have personal experience with the JPC; I have never seen the Perroz stuff.  One thing I would mention, and this is a personal fitting thing, but I notice the straps on the Perroz are more outboard than the JPC.  Now in their defense, most PC designers place the straps too far outboard (IMHO), so not just capping on them.  But.  I have found that to get a good shoulder pocket with my buttstock, I need the straps moved farther inboard, like Mayflower, or Crye, or some others do.  If you were a competitive swimmer with big shoulders, belay my last.

Both these I would consider Gucci gear.  So if pricing is a big consideration I would look elsewhere.  Like AWS, or TT.  At this level I would be more concerned with how it fit with the rest of my kit; plates, mag panels, comms, etc.  For me that gives Crye the edge because that's a known factor.  But for you it may be no big deal to go either way, so fire for effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top