Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2018 12:22:01 PM EDT
Very interested in this offering from Crosman !!! Looks like a Great idea for home training when you can't get out to the range for the real deal and not to mention a money saver !!!
DPMS SBR and Crosman PFAM9B: Full Auto

https://youtu.be/pv-c9jNrnlg
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am as well, but nobody has them in stock yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very interested in this offering from Crosman !!! Looks like a Great idea for home training when you can't get out to the range for the real deal and not to mention a money saver !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-c9jNrnlg
https://youtu.be/pv-c9jNrnlg
View Quote
Home training for the Great Squirrel Invasion of 2021 you mean...

ETA: I will buy one as soon as MidwayUSA shows them in stock. Can’t wait, actually...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
a couple of places now have it in stock

pyramidair and airdepot
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to admit I figured this would be a one and done thing for me. I threw a old redfield red dot/ laser combo on it. Got it sighted in and its friggin cool. only 25 bb's per load and it uses 2 co2 canisters. At 75 rounds its still going strong.

It looks and feels like a real AR-15 says the grip is a standard ar grip. The butt stock is proprietary but perfectly functional nice rail on top.

I hope the aftermarket steps up with a bb feeder so you can load up 200+ rounds at a time and a HPA adapter is made for it.  It has some recoil because its blow back has a charging handle.

It is louder than a supressed 22lr no where near as loud as my airforce condor 25 cal HPA air gun.

Not sure how far it will stretch out. I was shooting at -+ 10 yards.  and the BURRRRRRRRRRTTT of full auto is worth it lol.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I may have to get one of these
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine last Friday. Ran 5 mags through it. It ran flawlessly. It's EXACTLY like shooting an M16 (with less recoil). Charging handle works the same. Last round bolt hold open. And the bolt release works the same. The cycle rate is very consistent, and I can get very nice 4 round bursts with a quick trigger pull. I also ran a couple mags empty with a single trigger pull. Put all the BB's in a 2 inch circle at 10 yards.
With 6000 BB's under $10, and C02 cartridges not too awfully expensive.... It's the cheapest way to get your full auto on :D
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
DPMS SBR and Crosman PFAM9B: Full Auto
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I took delivery of one of these on Monday.

Pretty cool. Was impressed so far.

I can't figure out how the BB loader works, so I have been loading it manually (holding the spring back with my thumb).

I am trying to upgrade the sights: I must have some stuff laying around in my AR parts bin. I know I have a chinese red dot that someone gave me that I would like to put on this BB gun, but I can't remember where I put it I briefly considered taking something off of one of my ARs just to temporarily try, but then thought better of it since they are all zeroed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had one for 2 weeks.  Over 500 bbs thru it so far, no issues.  I set up a range in the basement and have been having a blast with it..  The flip up sights that come with it are horrible and you get a lot of glare on the rear sight, thankfully I had a  Magpul mbus set laying around...much better. You do have to adjust the front sight post quite a bit to zero at 10 or 15 yards, but the mbus had plenty of adjustment.

The quick loader sucks at first...you have to break it in...at least I did for mine.  Put in only 6 bbs and push the lever and just run them thru into your hand...then reload and repeat over and over until it gets smoother and easier to push the lever down (at first if I loaded any more then 4 or 5 I could not push the lever down it would just  jam up.  Mine works a lot better now but still does not work super great if you overload it with bbs.

I need another mag!!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I still haven't got the loader to work.
I followed your advice and tried to feed BBs into my hand............... I can't even do that. I am afraid I am going to break it.

No matter, it is fun anyway.

I was just playing with it: I have an HP printer box I was going to take to be recycled. I set it about 10 yards down my driveway and fired a mag at it offhand. Actually trying to use good technique. I was able to put 9 rounds into the HP logo on the box. I don't think you get real consistent velocity all the time (high SD ).  I had a few shots that obviously didn't have the pop of the other ones and predictably they hit about five inches low on the box.
But, this isn't meant to be some kind of precision rifle and I think it shoots pretty good for what it is and the sights that are on it. It's definitely a hoot to plink with.

I think that one of the big draws is the giggle switch. And it is fun to spray the target on full auto. From about 15 feet, I was able to do a mag dump and keep them all in a group the size of my hand.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had mine for a week.

So much fun!

Loader is a piece of cake.

Only downside is, I need 6 cases of CO2
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I gave up on using the loader shortly after my last post.

Just within the last few days I bought a Chinese red dot for mine and I bought a bottle of 1500 "Copperhead" BBs. I cut the spout on the container and they just pour into the magazine. This is possibly better than the factory loader although I can't say that for certain since I never got the factory loader to work.

In GD, someone brought up the carnival game where they have the target with the red star on it and you shoot a full auto BB gun at it and have to cut ALL of the red star out of the paper.
So I googled where to buy the targets: there is someone on eBay selling them and I ordered 100 targets. I am going to play that carnival game using my own full auto BB gun. I don't know how many BBs you get in the carnival game, but I will obviously be trying to cut out the star with 25 BBs since that is what the mag on this gun holds.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
think the carnie game was 100 bbs
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Hornady Black Diamonds work flawlessly in the speed loader. I can load the mag in about 3 seconds. Daisy BBs stuck in the loader. Haven't tried copperhead because the Black Diamonds work so well.

I love this little rifle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one of these for Christmas and love it.  Very accurate, nice and realistic weight, and all the controls are just like an AR.  Midway has a sale on the extra magazines, so I may have to pick up another one as a spare.   So much better than the Umarex junk that I had before this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I just bought a few DSFAMs over at
DSBR magazines at MidWay Usa for $35.22
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes! This is the thread i needed in my life! Anyone know who has these in stock right now? Everywhere I see is backordered. Need link on mags on cheap (ish) too please!
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
About to pick up the new Bushmaster version of this. I understand they are the same shooting mechanism.  So how many shots can you get out of the twin co2 cartridges?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh man I hadn't seen the Bushie version.... well there goes another 200 buck smash on my saving-up-for-a-new-bolt-gun fund...
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh man I hadn't seen the Bushie version.... well there goes another 200 buck smash on my saving-up-for-a-new-bolt-gun fund...
View Quote
Lol. Never heard of either version till today when a local gun shop advertised them. Spent half the day watching videos. The Bushmaster version has a milspec buffer tube. Already order 6000 Black Diamond bb's, 40 Co2 cartridges,  a BCM grip, and a BCM stock.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Okay.  It arrived yesterday.  Got it out today.  This thing is just flat fun.  I haven't done anything full auto since the 70's.  Amazingly accurate in semi auto, didn't really expect that.  But the issue sights pretty much suck.  But it's got plenty of rail space for just about anything you could imagine.  The adjustable butt is nice and works, heck it even comes all the way off if you want.

I should mention that it is without a doubt the heaviest BB gun I've ever had.  And, it actually has some recoil.  The mag is rather heavy but nothing untoward.  One problem with the mag, I've already had to buy two more.  Oh, the mag does load pretty fast with the supplied speed loader.  Without the loader it's a fumble fingered exercise for me.

I'd seen videos where they recommend one BB over another.  A couple said the Daisy BB's gave problems.  Well all I had on hand were Daisy's so I loaded them up and nary a problem.  Well, there is one problem.  I need more BB's :D

On full auto it actually shreds things, and tries to walk a bit.  Didn't really expect that either.  But since the "bolt" actually recoils it kind of makes sense.  I didn't bother to set up the chrono yet, but I'm curious as to where it is compared to the advertised FPS.  At reasonable ranges I imagine it would take out rats and such quite well.  It's really too bad the shipyard shutdown 40 years ago.  A row of roosting pigeons would be interesting.

So there you have it.  I declare it the most fun one can have without gunpowder. 8)  8)
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody do an HPA conversion on these yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top