Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2018 12:31:18 AM EDT
What are correct configurations for a light Israeli FAL in terms of barrel length and muzzle device?

I can't seem to find good info on this but here are some pictures from the net to start off.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the middle one, but I don't know much about the Israeli variants, so I'm eager to see more responses.

Wikipedia has their Hebrew word for it (which the editor won't let me post here). I Googled that and found:
Attachment Attached File

That's the same barrel profile DSA is offering as a reproduction to go with the kits they're selling.

Looks like the German retailers still have the original barrels (since that's legal there). Receivers too (weapon is "deactivated"):
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]

I don’t know, but the first one makes me moist...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Earlier ones were made with the 21" barrel with bayonet lug and plain muzzle.  Later ones had a 21" left-hand threaded barrel with combo device.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Earlier ones were made with the 21" barrel with bayonet lug and plain muzzle.  Later ones had a 21" left-hand threaded barrel with combo device.
View Quote
Yep. Both would be correct for the Israeli-specific gas block. Early open-ear gas blocks would have had 21" lugged barrels.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Can the barrels that DSA has be threaded for comps?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don’t know, but the first one makes me moist...
View Quote
One even better that is a custom thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top