Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2020 1:06:44 PM EDT
Hi All,

I submitted for a renewal several months ago. The got back to me 2 weeks ago about some information missing on my renewal, but of course the took payment.

I submitted a reply the same day but my FFL expires on April 1st. Yes. 5 days from now.

Anything I can do or am I shutdown?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi All,

I submitted for a renewal several months ago. The got back to me 2 weeks ago about some information missing on my renewal, but of course the took payment.

I submitted a reply the same day but my FFL expires on April 1st. Yes. 5 days from now.

View Quote

Specifically the LOA

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-renew-federal-firearms-license-ffl
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Specifically the LOA

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi All,

Specifically the LOA

Any idea when the LOA gets issued?  I've always checked that box on my renewal, but have never received one.  I figured since my renewals arrived before the expiration of my previous license in the past, the LOA was never created.  I'm on renewal #4 (initial was in 2008, renewals in 2011, 2014, 2017 and now 2020).

I literally return the renewal form the same day I get it.  Mine expires 5/1/2020, check was cashed on 2/18/20.  A quick look at FFL EZ Check still shows a 5/1/2020 expiration, so I'm still not processed as of today.  But I still have 5 full weeks left.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, just checked EZ Check again today, and my expiration date has been updated to 2023.  So I guess another 3 years of having no idea what a real LOA looks like, or when they get issued.  

And that's a good thing!  

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Good thing u for it handled. Certain places won’t take an LOA as a transfer dealer such as sportsmans. It wouldn’t matter if you don’t do business with them or a lot of transfer business but to me it did.

So even though LOA keeps you operating certain places will reject it until you get the actual license renewed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
My first renewal was in 2011 and the tried that LOA bullshit with me. I called the FFLC and told them many dealers do not accept an LOA....."but, but, but they have to..." I asked why I was being issued an LOA and did I need to call my congressman.........two weeks before I expired I get the new FFL.

I could understand FFLC issuing an LOA if the dealer didn't renew in a timely manner. I returned my renewal form the same day I received them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top