Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 10:52:45 PM EDT
It gives distance and drop/windage based on a multitude of data.
Multiple loads can be saved so I can swap it between rifles.
It works at both day and night.

Is there anything else on the non-grey market with these capabilities?

Could there be something similar on the way but with a usable IR illuminator?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of guys on snipershide run raptors. Are you talking about a full power unit or an eye safe unit?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Eye safe.

I've seen a few full power units pop up here and there.  I was tempted by them but I'd hate to end up with a $10k paperweight in the event that something went wrong with it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It gives distance and drop/windage based on a multitude of data.
Multiple loads can be saved so I can swap it between rifles.
It works at both day and night.

Is there anything else on the non-grey market with these capabilities?

Could there be something similar on the way but with a usable IR illuminator?
View Quote

SIGs do that (I have a 1400BDX), not illuminated though, but I bet looking through NODs may pick up the Black Reticle (you'd think I'd have tried that by now...new project tonight!). Their upper end 2400BDx may be illuminated - I know the 3000BDX Binos are. Built in Applied Ballistics Ultralight (800yards) in the affordable units, I think full bore AB on the 2400 and 3000.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Leupold RX1600i TBRW (not IR illuminated + handheld) - can see reticle with NODs and laser marker (it flashes on and off) 3R laser punches out to 1600m on a solid object (IIIA class in US and 1000m on soft object) there is a 2800 unit which will punch out to 2800m on a solid object (and 1600m on a soft object).  Good optics and depending on the unit 400-600USD.

Surprising what you can do with zip ties :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe max range on RAPTAR S is 1500m???
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of the eye safe models on the market are/were tuned down with software from full power. Basically they were locked in training mode and the key to toggle it was retained by PRG Defense. There are keys to unlock that on the market, Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions comes to mind. These were sold on snipers hide.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the eye safe models on the market are/were tuned down with software from full power. Basically they were locked in training mode and the key to toggle it was retained by PRG Defense. There are keys to unlock that on the market, Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions comes to mind. These were sold on snipers hide.
View Quote

Kinda a sketchy subject. Elite UAS bought a key and was just locking them for a fee, so you could turn the power past level 3. Wilcox or PRG started changing them so that they are now permanently locked on level 1 and can't be unlocked anymore.

So there are a few variations out there. Full power, eyesafe unlocked, eyesafe unlock able, and eyesafe permanently locked to level1.

Im no expert. And could be missing something.  But this is what I have found after following the saga on snipershide
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kinda a sketchy subject. Elite UAS bought a key and was just locking them for a fee, so you could turn the power past level 3. Wilcox or PRG started changing them so that they are now permanently locked on level 1 and can't be unlocked anymore.

So there are a few variations out there. Full power, eyesafe unlocked, eyesafe unlock able, and eyesafe permanently locked to level1.

Im no expert. And could be missing something.  But this is what I have found after following the saga on snipershide
View Quote

I hear they are threatening to have a mandatory buy back or some shit for the unlocked ones
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

dupe
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Not mandatory. But they did offer to buy back the ones that are unlockable.

I think most people are just telling them to pound sand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Elite UAS should be avoided like the plague. I believe that guy to be dishonest (based on personal experience) and if you've read the hide long enough, you've seen his general sketchiness.  Entertaining antics, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
A RAPTAR S / ES and a Trijicon UTC XII talking to each other is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:50:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm familiar with the Elite UAS/PRG/Wilcox debacle.

I would have taken one of those with a FP illuminator over one with a ballistic computer, but that ship had already sailed by the time I started seriously looking.

In hindsight, it might be for the best.  A multi thousand dollar laser with no factory support doesn't sit will with me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Elite UAS should be avoided like the plague. I believe that guy to be dishonest (based on personal experience) and if you've read the hide long enough, you've seen his general sketchiness.  Entertaining antics, though.
View Quote

He was charging a ridiculous fee to unlock those units. (North of $1k)  He rationalized it by comparing the unlocked unit to a $5K grey market FP laser.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#15]
He sold his service 20+ times. Good on him.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He sold his service 20+ times. Good on him.
View Quote

I wonder what the software key costs. I'm sure Wilcox doesn't give it away, especially because it is Wilcox.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wonder what the software key costs. I'm sure Wilcox doesn't give it away, especially because it is Wilcox.
View Quote

It comes with the unrestricted models to turn output down to eyesafe levels for training.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
The eye safe laser and illuminator on any of the models are complete garbage.

They're built with rangefinders that go 1500m+ yet you can't see the laser past 300m, and the illuminator washes out at 25m or so.

If you want one to simply get target range, I guess buy a Class 1 version but without the ballistics software because that setup is NOT worth anywhere near the price those go for.

Review on a Class 1 that was updated when using the same model but in full power:

Review

Updated Review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top