Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have found rails that are similar to the Gunnook rails on ebay which themselves appear similar to the 3M rails.  How do the GN rails work with rail adapters?  Are they loose or tight.  Do you think they are China made?  I contacted a couple of sellers of those rails on ebay to see if they are real 3M rails or US made and they said they are made in China or unknown. I did not contact GN.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different helmets use different rails. The Opscore rails made for ACH/MICH helmets are called ACH rails. I think the ACH rails are made for medium helmets? Opscore also makes a 'Skeleton rail' that is for any size ACH. The ARC rails that fit fast helmets are smaller and more squared in shape than ACH rails. You can tell the difference between them easily by the number of little squares along the bottom edge of the rail that sits behind the ears. The fast rails have 4 little squares and the ACH rails have 5 little squares.

I've been using GunNook ACH rails, which I think are identical to Opscore ACH rails on my ACH helmets. They're around $40 vs. $100 for Opscore ACH rails.

I have found rails that are similar to the Gunnook rails on ebay which themselves appear similar to the 3M rails.  How do the GN rails work with rail adapters?  Are they loose or tight.  Do you think they are China made?  I contacted a couple of sellers of those rails on ebay to see if they are real 3M rails or US made and they said they are made in China or unknown. I did not contact GN.

I'm not sure where they're made? They're made from a polymer material like Opscore rails though. They aren't the hard plastic like cheaper Chinese rails typically are.
The rail attachments I have fit snug, but they do fit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My pad and chin strap set came in today.I had to cut down the nuts and screws that came with the set since my shell is the old fiberglass DH-132. I tried the 1" pads and the 3/4" pads after I had the chin strap installed. The 1" pads are a little snug but the 3/4" pads were loose. I'll stick with the 1" pads. One thing for sure, I will most likely replace the cheap chin strap that came with the Skydex pad set. The helmet felt like it sat high on my head but I am use to how the old PAGST helmets fit and came lower. My rails should arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. Here are a few photos. Feel free to use my ugly mug to scare off mice from the garage

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not sure where they're made? They're made from a polymer material like Opscore rails though. They aren't the hard plastic like cheaper Chinese rails typically are.
The rail attachments I have fit snug, but they do fit.
View Quote

That is good to know. Rather have them tight than too loose.

I'll give them a try.  The seem to be cheaper through their website if anyone else is looking.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

DO NOT buy those rails.  I got my set today and I am fairly certain they are not real ops core.  Not only that they are not the right geometry to work with these helmets.  I'll snap a picture later tonight but the rear leg of the rail doesn't have enough angle and altogether it is too short and won't reach to a rear bolt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27745/2020-08-17_17_21_47_jpg-1550734.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27745/2020-08-17_17_22_51_jpg-1550737.JPG
View Quote
I'll second that. They do not fit a DH-132 shell. I'll try to return them or list them on eBay myself. I did not see that they won't work until after I bought them. Yes I could make them work but it won't look right. I'll try the AHC rails that others have suggested.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Any chance Crye Airframe rails would fit?
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The maritime/sf rails will fit, I've done a conversion, some old pics are posted below, won't be home for a few weeks to take new ones

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Padding update!

My Team Wendy Epic Air liner came in, so I mocked it up with some scotch tape to try the fit. (Waiting to install velcro discs once drilling is done). Messed with earpro, and padding placement for best fit (likely not doing rails so that's important to consider).

With a "standard" placement, and my Walkers Razor Digital (yes I need nicer earpro, but they work well):

With a slightly adjusted placement for the center "crown" pad:

I feel it allows the helmet to get significantly lower and into a more natural position.

Will post some extra pictures later, as my helmet light and nvg mount came in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Since the Ops-Core rails did not work out, I bought some el-cheapo rails from Amazon. While they are far from perfect as far as fit, they do work. Now I need to get some paint and repaint the shell.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Getting my helmet together now.  I got the pads installed, but it seems like the helmet is sitting very high on my head.  I’m just using a basic Skydex pad set.  Any suggestions or thoughts on the high ride fit?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine sits high too. It is just the nature of the design. You have to remember that the DH-132/A/B shells were designed to be used with the liner containing the headsets. I found that putting the front, back and side pads as low as possible helped a little. The bottom of the pads are right above the trim piece on the bottom of the shell. I had to use the 1" Skydex pads with mine to get a proper fit. The shell with 3/4" pads was a little loose for me. The top pad is still 3/4" even with the 1" pad set. If it bothers you too much, you can always use some rial mounted ear muffs. I'm still debating to get some electronic muffs or not for mine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Was there a consensus on the best fitting rails?

I got mine together with pads and strap this week and it's cheap enough and fits well enough that now I'm looking at adding rails for a light and earpro. I have a set of walker razors and they fit fine under the helmet/pads but it's kind of clunky getting every thing on and off. Rail mount seems better as an all in one solution.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]
These are the rails I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDZZOA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While they are not a perfect fit, they do work. I posted a couple of pictures with the rails installed already.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks you bastages!  

Costing me more money!  But cheaper than even the Kota helmet when all said and done even with a little work!

EDIT:  Do not get these rails.  They will not work see post below but I am leaving link so no one else buys them!

What about these rails for the helmet?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ops-Core-Replacment-Fast-ARC-Side-Rails-29-99-301-Tan/184158246811
View Quote

Too late! I've already made that same mistake. Looks like the same ebay seller that I got mine from. Good rails, just not for CVC or ACH. Ya gotta have an OPS CORE F.A.S.T. for these rails.

Any one have a link to some good rails that fit???
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skydex-PASGT-Ballistic-Helmet-Pads-Upgrade-Kit-Chinstrap-1-Thick-Pads-LWH/114306405892?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Mine will be strictly a bump helmet since the CVC shell is an original DH-132 (fiberglass shell).  I also bought a set of Ops-Core Replacment Fast ARC Side Rails from eBay too. I don't know if Ill put the rails on my MICH or the CVC shell. Hopefully everything will arrive this week.
View Quote

If you bought the FAST rails, they won't fit the CVC or ACH. I bought a set from the same seller linked earlier in this thread to mount on a CVC. Fit was NO Bueno! So I tried them on a size Large ACH, so as to not let them go to waste. Again, NO Bueno!
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for making me spend money guys... But it seems like a fun project.

Are those Ops-Core side rails the real deal?  They look real from the paperwork beside them.  Just rather buy those than Chinese junk if possible.
View Quote

If you haven't already done so, DO NOT BUY the "FAST" replacement rails! They do not fit a CVC! (or an ACH for that matter).
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you bought the FAST rails, they won't fit the CVC or ACH. I bought a set from the same seller linked earlier in this thread to mount on a CVC. Fit was NO Bueno! So I tried them on a size Large ACH, so as to not let them go to waste. Again, NO Bueno!
View Quote

There appear to be 2 ways people are mounting side rails.

Method 1 uses the upper front hole and the arc rail sits entirely above the high cuts. This is the method being sold modified on ebay.

Method 2 uses the lower front hole, and the arc rail covers the top of the side cuts and hang forward a little off the rear of the helmet.
This method should be able to use the fast rails and the super high cut/maritime rails.

This example uses the super high cut rails (4 slots of the rear leg)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/06/12/tendy-defendy-helmet-citizens-armor-co/amp/?espv=1

This example uses the regular fast rails. If you look at the picture of the rear of the helmet you can see the rails hang off the shell a bit, but this method looks more correct when done.
https://www.instagram.com/p/qfpg_WNqu0/

I just finished stripping the rails and suspension off an airsift fast helmet and everything looks like it will line up to do the regular fast rails like method 2. The front lower holes might be about a quarter inch too far forward, but I can make them work.
I'll be going to the hardware store for longer screws and making the attempt soon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This example uses the regular fast rails. If you look at the picture of the rear of the helmet you can see the rails hang off the shell a bit, but this method looks more correct when done.
https://www.instagram.com/p/qfpg_WNqu0/

I just finished stripping the rails and suspension off an airsift fast helmet and everything looks like it will line up to do the regular fast rails like method 2. The front lower holes might be about a quarter inch too far forward, but I can make them work.
I'll be going to the hardware store for longer screws and making the attempt soon.
View Quote

Which rails for the mod in the Instagram pics?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Which rails for the mod in the Instagram pics?
View Quote

Those look like regular fast rails. Based on pictures online showing the differences between arc rails.

I just finished swapping everything over from my airsoft bump helmet. Fast rails, shroud, and dial liner suspension and pads.
You can see the suspension needs its own holes in the rear of the helmet, separate from the rear arc rail holes. I was able to sorta use the airsoft helmet as a template. The idea is to get the dial out from under the helmet, otherwise the helmet is much too tight.

I'll order some new bolts and nuts in black phosphate and I need to go back and seal the holes I drilled. But i was excited to finish the conversion.
I tried to take pictures at an angle to show how the arc rails come off the helmet edges and show how the susoension was installed. The airsoft donor cost about $70.

If you have any questions i'm happy to answer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Very nice!  Do you have a link for the helmet that you used to cannibalize?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
These are the rails I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDZZOA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While they are not a perfect fit, they do work. I posted a couple of pictures with the rails installed already.
View Quote
Here are some better photos of how these Amazon rails fit my old DH-132 fiberglass shell. Yes I did repaint the shell.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I need a helmet that is more ear-pro friendly than my ACH and this looks like a fun project so I ordered up a shell.

I have a new ACH pad set kicking around in a gear bin. I found a new ACH 4 point chin strap and some velcro discs for cheap on eBay as well as some ACH rails off of Amazon. Should have a serviceable completed helmet for about a hundred bucks. Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Very nice!  Do you have a link for the helmet that you used to cannibalize?
View Quote

Honestly they are all about the same. I bought mine at a local shop. It was practically identical to 3 other brands on the shelf.
If you're looking on amazon the Lancer brand gets good reviews. Just make sure whatever you choose has a removeable shroud and dial liner, and it comes in adult sizes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm always late to the party.  I'm just starting my conversion.  I've seen helmet covers for cvc helmets on fleabay for between $70 and $80.  I am looking for a cover that I can get reasonable and modify to fit my helmet.  Any ideas on which cover would need the least amount of modding? Thanks.

thd
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm always late to the party.  I'm just starting my conversion.  I've seen helmet covers for cvc helmets on fleabay for between $70 and $80.  I am looking for a cover that I can get reasonable and modify to fit my helmet.  Any ideas on which cover would need the least amount of modding? Thanks.

thd
View Quote

Airsoft. Amazon. $15
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Question on the holes drilled in the kevlar, they say to fix the frayed kevlar with epoxy. For those who have done this, are you just dressing the edges of the hole, or covering some of the hole and then re-drilling through the epoxy?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I cleaned up the holes and used silicone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#30]
My CVC shell is the original DH-132 fiberglass shell. I just sealed the hole edges with some clear finger nail polish that I borrowed from the ol lady.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#31]
My progress so far. I still need to disassemble everything and seal the areas around where I drilled. I have a different chin strap coming that may work better than this, as well as some additional hook discs for the pads and some 2" loop for the outside.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#32]

What Ear Pro adapters did you use?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What Ear Pro adapters did you use?
View Quote
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My progress so far. I still need to disassemble everything and seal the areas around where I drilled. I have a different chin strap coming that may work better than this, as well as some additional hook discs for the pads and some 2" loop for the outside.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218803/IMG-9713_jpg-1602671.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218803/IMG-9715_jpg-1602672.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218803/IMG-9716_jpg-1602673.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218803/IMG-9717_jpg-1602674.JPG
View Quote

Do those rails use one of the existing sets of holes in the front? I was hoping to find some rails that would make it possible to get by with only drilling two new holes in the back for both rail and harness.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Those look like regular fast rails. Based on pictures online showing the differences between arc rails.

I just finished swapping everything over from my airsoft bump helmet. Fast rails, shroud, and dial liner suspension and pads.
You can see the suspension needs its own holes in the rear of the helmet, separate from the rear arc rail holes. I was able to sorta use the airsoft helmet as a template. The idea is to get the dial out from under the helmet, otherwise the helmet is much too tight.

I'll order some new bolts and nuts in black phosphate and I need to go back and seal the holes I drilled. But i was excited to finish the conversion.
I tried to take pictures at an angle to show how the arc rails come off the helmet edges and show how the susoension was installed. The airsoft donor cost about $70.

https://i.ibb.co/mRpCzG1/20200914-154803.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/5WGD25h/20200914-154831.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/7KYQ9vQ/20200914-154819.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/2MSgXvZ/20200914-154824.jpg

If you have any questions i'm happy to answer.
View Quote

Any suggestions for drill height/position for your rear drill holes (for retention straps).

I got the team wendy H-Nape. If I had a exact measurement ie. X inches up and x inches from the side would be super helpful!!!

I'd hate having them be uneven, I'm weird like that!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do those rails use one of the existing sets of holes in the front? I was hoping to find some rails that would make it possible to get by with only drilling two new holes in the back for both rail and harness.
View Quote

Yes...I used the two top holes in the front and only had to drill two new holes in back. The front holes needed to be made larger to accommodate the harness and rail bolts however.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I found that having the rear holes for the harness as low on the back worked best for me. I drilled them in the lower corners of the back. I used the existing holes in the front for the harness. I did have to drill 4 new holes for the rails.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I just put together a 132B.  I used a set of DLP ARC rails for the Maritime/Super High Cut helmets, DLP bungees, an aluminum 3-hole Type 2 Skeleton NVG mount, a set of round velcro hook stickers for the inner pads, Skydex 1" pads for the ACH/MICH and a chinstrap also for the ACH/MICH.  I plan to get a set of helmet ARC rail adapter sets for the Peltor earphones and a set of sound cancelling Peltor 3M earphones.  I also plan to get a set of velcro for the outside of the helmet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I found that having the rear holes for the harness as low on the back worked best for me. I drilled them in the lower corners of the back. I used the existing holes in the front for the harness. I did have to drill 4 new holes for the rails.
View Quote

After some LARPing in the helmet I noticed that the harness fit was a bit wonky. I also ended up drilling additional holes lower in the back for the harness and it fits much better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Any suggestions for drill height/position for your rear drill holes (for retention straps).

I got the team wendy H-Nape. If I had a exact measurement ie. X inches up and x inches from the side would be super helpful!!!

I'd hate having them be uneven, I'm weird like that!
View Quote

I'm using the ops core style suspension, I placed my rear holes about 6" apart (3 inches from rear center) and 1 3/8th" from the bottom edge.

I used the airsoft helmet as a template.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Just finished my conversion.  This thread was pretty helpful.

Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#42]
@MrVest

Where did you get the cover?  Also, did you get the pads and chinstrap as a set?  If so, from where?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Pads and chinstrap are both team wendy.  The cover is a milsurp ACH that my mother in law cut and sewed a little.  Mostly added some velcro so it can go on the inside and be pretty retained.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Updated photo of my CVC 132B setup.  DLP ARC rails for OPS-CORE Maritime helmets and DLP bungees, 3 hole aluminum Type 2 Skeleton NVG mount, DLP rail adaptors for Peleton headsets with Peleton Tactical 6-S headsets, Skydex 1" ACH/MICH pads and USGI ACH/MICH chinstrap.  There are 2 screws on the front of each side in the original shell, removed all of them and drilled out the lower hole and lined up the rail, marked and drilled the lower rear hole through the shell as close to the rubber edging as possible.  Mounted the chinstrap to the rail screws.  I repainted the shell with camo paint from Walmart that matched the original shell color (only did that to cover up some scratches).  Next will be putting on some hook and loop on the outside.  This may be my helmet for wear in the upcoming democrat created Boog along with my plate carrier and plates and Block 1.

Headsets can be anything Peleton with these adapters, cannot afford to go with a comm setup at this time.  That would cost way more than what I have into this whole setup in it's entirety. Instead it will allow me to shoot without blowing my hearing, yet still have hearing capability with the electronic sound deadening headsets.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Updated photo of my CVC 132B setup.  DLP ARC rails for OPS-CORE Maritime helmets and DLP bungees, 3 hole aluminum Type 2 Skeleton NVG mount, DLP rail adaptors for Peleton headsets with Peleton Tactical 6-S headsets, Skydex 1" ACH/MICH pads and USGI ACH/MICH chinstrap.  There are 2 screws on the front of each side in the original shell, removed all of them and drilled out the lower hole and lined up the rail, marked and drilled the lower rear hole through the shell as close to the rubber edging as possible.  Mounted the chinstrap to the rail screws.  I repainted the shell with camo paint from Walmart that matched the original shell color (only did that to cover up some scratches).  Next will be putting on some hook and loop on the outside.  This may be my helmet for wear in the upcoming democrat created Boog along with my plate carrier and plates and Block 1.

Headsets can be anything Peleton with these adapters, cannot afford to go with a comm setup at this time.  That would cost way more than what I have into this whole setup in it's entirety. Instead it will allow me to shoot without blowing my hearing, yet still have hearing capability with the electronic sound deadening headsets.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137/132b_with_headsets_jpg-1621972.JPG
View Quote

Thx for the heads up on those rails Guntoter, mine arrive tomorrow (10/9) & will follow your guidance when mounting them.

Any more details on the NVG mount as the one DLP sells isn't aluminum & also update us w/ which vendor you choose for the hook/loop on the outside.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thx for the heads up on those rails Guntoter, mine arrive tomorrow (10/9) & will follow your guidance when mounting them.

Any more details on the NVG mount as the one DLP sells isn't aluminum & also update us w/ which vendor you choose for the hook/loop on the outside.
View Quote

Here is where I got the NVG mount:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Hole-Military-Grade-Aluminium-NVG-Shroud-Mount-Fits-MARSOC-WARCOM/132393081955?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431730399660&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I plan to use the Crye Airframe hook and loop.  I ordered a set on eBay but the seller shipped the wrong stuff.  DLP sells it too, which is where I should have got it.  DLP sells on eBay also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DLP-Tactical-Enhanced-Hook-Loop-Fastener-Set-for-Crye-AirFrame-Helmet/302297794253?hash=item46625a46cd:g:6EsAAOSw7GRZAj7R

ETA: I see DLP is out of the green, if that is what you are wanting, but there are several sellers on eBay selling the same stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Here is one of the conversions I recently did for a friend. All the parts are real because airsoft knockoffs don't use ballistic rated hardware.  The rail and shroud were spray painted, layered with a matte clear coat, and then dusted with one more layer of paint to knock off the shine completely. I then  hand painted through every hole to make sure there was protection against water intrusion through the Kevlar layers. Weighs less than a Gentex TBH.
Parts list
Late 90s Specialty Plastics of Pennsylvania CVC shell
Team Wendy SOF Z pads
Team Wendy Cam Fit in M/L ( barely fits my head, the L/XL would be better for those with large noggins.
Wilcox WLS shroud ($61 brand new, don't bother with the knockoffs)
New old stock 3M ACH rail kit (out of production for almost a decade, all the ones you see now are knockoffs)

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Last update (hopefully).  I finally received my Crye Airframe velcro and applied it to the CVC helmet.  Has very nice coverage, I still need to heat it with a blow dryer to get the pads to stick evenly.  I also have a shot of the liner with chinstrap, both are ACH issue with the liner pads being Skydex 1" thick.  I used the ACH round loop stickers for the pads to hook onto.  Straps are mounted to rail screws.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#50]
My inprogress upgrade, same helmet from the guy OP got his from, DLP rails from Amazon, random pads with velcro from Ebay, but I think I'll get an extra set of velcro pads for the inside, Ops Core H harness from Ebay (legit? IDK) but it looks and feels good.

Used the original set of lower holes for the front of the rail, and had to drill out the rear holes, stepped up the size of the holes, lots of super glue to keep it clean and drilled pretty well then.  

I think I'm planning on using the upper front hole for the the harness and will drill rear lower holes for the harness.

No front NV mount yet, I't will be a cheap knockoff casue I dont have NV and dont see it happening.  Will get some rail adapters for my Peltors, Surefire light, and velcro for the outside.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top