Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2023 5:02:28 PM EDT
Do any of you guys know if there is a way to convert a folding SBT pistol brace to a stock?  I'm wondering if anyone makes a stock that will fit on the SBT adapter on a CZ scorpion, or am I boned, and just need to buy a whole new unit?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My scorpion got approved yesterday so I'm in a similar position. I haven't seen a good conversion device for the SB brace. I'll probably end up buying a stock, but I'm not sure which one yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I reached out to A3 Tactical to see if they could help, but alas no.  I hate to just take a loss on the SB, but whatever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a look at these.
https://www.dirtyjdesigns.com/collections/tactical

I picked up a few for some braces I had that ended up being SBR's even before the brace rule. The inserts still don't make a brace magically a purpose built stock but they do make it as close as you can get without replacing more expensive/unattainable parts. For $20, the plug made my SBTEVO's and SBPDW good enough that I didn't feel I had to replace them..
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I hadn't seen those before, interesting idea.  I was hoping for something more along the lines of taking the hinge pin out, and replacing with a stock, but I may be asking for too much at this time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hadn't seen those before, interesting idea.  I was hoping for something more along the lines of taking the hinge pin out, and replacing with a stock, but I may be asking for too much at this time.
View Quote
Yeah, I wanted the same but I've not seen something that simple yet. For now, the only options I know of are either replace the entire adapter/brace with an adaptor/stock or use something along the lines of the devoid plug making the brace a little more stock like..
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have a SBT brace, you can just replace it with a B&T APC folding stock BT-36305 by just removing the hinge pin.

You can also use a UMP folding stock and it'll give a longer length of pull compared to the APC stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you have a SBT brace, you can just replace it with a B&T APC folding stock BT-36305 by just removing the hinge pin. SB Tactical actually worked with B&T on that brace hence why it's called the SBT.

Edit: You can also use a UMP folding stock and it'll give a longer length of pull compared to the APC stock.
View Quote

That's what I did with mine. UMP stock off the EE here with the SBT brace attachment.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, thanks for the heads up on those!  Kinda digging that UMP stock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got long arms so I like the LOP with the UMP. Much better than the original brace.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My scorpion got approved yesterday so I'm in a similar position. I haven't seen a good conversion device for the SB brace. I'll probably end up buying a stock, but I'm not sure which one yet.
View Quote

I went with a Zhukov on mine. Affordable and I'm very happy with it. Nice having adjustable length of pull
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
CZ Custom makes an hinged adapter to utilize the buffer tube and brace but I don't think that's what you meant...?  

The factory Scorpion stock is pretty nice and it allows you to shoot while it's folded, if that matters to you. The Evo 3+ stock ditched the magnet and has a tab that latches onto the magwell, it also has an ambidextrous qd point molded into the buttpad section.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you have a SBT brace, you can just replace it with a B&T APC folding stock BT-36305 by just removing the hinge pin.

You can also use a UMP folding stock and it'll give a longer length of pull compared to the APC stock.
View Quote

I thought that too, but quickly discovered that the B&T stock would not fit an SBT-522 adapter without modification. Had to open up the hole for the axle to 3/16 and make a relief cut just inside the hinge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Sane boat, trying to convert a SB ump-ish brace to a stock.

The adapter piece is fine, id just like to unscrew the brace after the folding mechanism and put a real stock there, pretty much anything at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top