Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2021 9:20:57 AM EDT
Anyone have experience converting a full auto sten to a select fire sten?  Wondering how involved it would be, or simply swapping out a trigger parts set
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
They are basically slam fire. I have a semi Sten and it has a sprung firing pin and a totally different bolt.

It would be easier to build a semi Sten and leave the other one alone. Sure you could do what you are asking with a mill and a lathe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I misspoke.  What I meant was allow single fire and full.  If the sten was converted to full auto only originally
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I would think it would be as simple as replacing the disconnector.

Some guns were converted to full auto only as Connecticut I believe had a law that banned "Select Fire" weapons.

The courts ruled that a Full Auto only machine gun was not "Select Fire" and was therefore legal to own in the state.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If it was a CT gun, then it should be easy to convert back to select-fire.  When I did conversions to full-auto only with Stens, I took the tip off the "tripping lever" which is what we would call the disconnector.  Other people might have done differently.  You will have to find a video or diagram of the operation of the Sten to see what it's supposed to be doing (like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-t45dUG_s ) and then compare it to the workings of your particular gun to see what was done to it.  After that, it's just a matter of replacing the altered parts with unaltered ones.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]
It will be easy , when you get it send me a pm , I think I have a few disconnectors laying around, I’ll send you one if you need one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think it would be as simple as replacing the disconnector.

Some guns were converted to full auto only as Connecticut I believe had a law that banned "Select Fire" weapons.

The courts ruled that a Full Auto only machine gun was not "Select Fire" and was therefore legal to own in the state.
View Quote

What a goofy state requirement.
All these state restrictions are basically a federal infringement but we all have come to accept them through "compromise".
Didn't Ginger Goebbels just say federal law overrides state law ?
Enough with the compromise crap.
Its their turn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top