Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see we have the same taste, dead sexy.

The pistol is on sale for $1247 free ship, for those that are interested.
https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41556&utm_source=KyGunCo%20Marketing&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=ClearOut%20Pt2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I know that I need an optic, but I’m finally happy to share because my Form 1 SBR finally got approved.  Please excuse the dirty carpet

https://i.imgur.com/FgNnq7h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dwEqi1P.jpg

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41556&utm_source=KyGunCo%20Marketing&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=ClearOut%20Pt2
I just dropped $1K on a Shadow 2, or I would be foing so hard...
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
This deal was the one that made me do it, finally. Thanks for posting. Ordered it today. Thread pitch is a non issue for me, so the older version will be just fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
You will get the newest version...it says in the listing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You will get the newest version...it says in the listing.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure, you're wrong. The listing is for CZ-91360 14x1 LH, and it also says it in the clearance flyer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe I am wrong...but it says that product line has been discontinued and been replaced with the newest sku 91361.

Could be a left over old stock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
A question as I think about the Bren that I am waiting on to ship.

I will probably want to sbr it, and want to know what adapter I need to use an ACR stock. Is the Mississippi adapter the one to get or are there other manufacturers who make them?

Way back in this thread I remember someone got an adapter from Mississippi and he said the QC was kinda shitty. Have they fixed that issue?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Mississippi and its working flawlessly...what I really like about it as well...it has a QD cup on the bottom...solves the idiotic high sling mount (my only gripe about the BREN...the OEM rear sling mount)

Did Mississippi have the adapters in stock? I thought they discontinued it. Haven't checked in a while.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah they’re in stock at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone else order one of these yet? MIne just came in yesterday. I haven't tried taking out the fire control group yet. May try and do it this weekend. The magpul grips seem to fit perfect though.

Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did anyone else order one of these yet? MIne just came in yesterday. I haven't tried taking out the fire control group yet. May try and do it this weekend. The magpul grips seem to fit perfect though.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/turrican12/image_zpsmzpwuctx.jpg
View Quote
More info please...

ie: where would one find such a product???
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Are they 3D printer? Quality seems good?

https://www.danhagadesigns.com/ is the place to get it.

I am interested in their flat trigger for the BREN more than anything.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
They are 3D printed which I was a little skeptical about but it feels pretty sturdy. They say it is reinfoced nylon. You can read about it by googling danahagadesigns
There is also a thread on the 805 Bren users facebook page. Tons of info on ACR stock adapters on the facebook page also for those wanting to read up on those
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are they 3D printer? Quality seems good?

https://www.danhagadesigns.com/ is the place to get it.

I am interested in their flat trigger for the BREN more than anything.
View Quote
Yeah me too, I’m currently in the process of switching all of my AR triggers to flat face.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Does Dan Haga Designs have a web presence other than Facebook?  Not seeing anything.  I don’t FB gun stuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
LOOK ABOVE YOU^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOOK ABOVE YOU^^^^^^^
View Quote
Doh!  Lol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I will test it some next werk. A little concerned about the sturdiness of a 3D printed part. But they say it is reinforced. The design is excellent would be very difficult to machine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just ordered one to try. thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#19]
This is a 3D printed prototype quality part.  No guarantees, no refunds, no exchanges. Use at your own risk.
View Quote
I don’t think I would use this. Is there a guy that had one of these and the grip screw tore the shit out of lower? I can’t remember when I saw that here.

Too bad Tommybuilt doesn’t work on Bren’s.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I am itching to do one of Tommy's G36 builds.

I think I am going to stick with the factory lower...but I will get Dan's flat trigger.

Yes, one of the early releases had the nut stripped...but just remember this isn't an AR15 lower...either one...so don't torque it like a gorilla...but more like a chimpanzee.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I cant see how the screw could cause a problem and tear anything up it doesnt seem possible. I have 400 rounds fired using mine and it is working great. Much more comfortable with a magpul grip too.
My friend bought one same time I did but decided he was going to stay stock on his so I have one listed on the EE if anyone wants one. Its new and never even installed and cheaper than buying one from the source.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked the idea of the Bren on paper, but it wouldn’t hold a group well at all after about a mag or two. We’re talking golf ball sized groups at 50 yards to softball sized groups or bigger, in a matter of a couple mags.

I wanted to like it. Good trigger, neat styling, unique. Just didn’t end up being quite what I thought it would. Not to mention that the 11.5 inch pistol with brace/stock was the same length as my 14.5 pinned AR.

Fun while it lasted, but I sold her a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I liked the idea of the Bren on paper, but it wouldn't hold a group well at all after about a mag or two. We're talking golf ball sized groups at 50 yards to softball sized groups or bigger, in a matter of a couple mags.

I wanted to like it. Good trigger, neat styling, unique. Just didn't end up being quite what I thought it would. Not to mention that the 11.5 inch pistol with brace/stock was the same length as my 14.5 pinned AR.

Fun while it lasted, but I sold her a couple weeks ago
View Quote
The short barrel opens up like that?  Dang.  I could see it with the 16" and that long pencil barrel after the gas block.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine is more accurate than my ARs that dont have match barrels.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#25]
ANY LW, thin profile barrel will open up once heated up...
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Stamp day

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
That looks great. How long was the wait? I'm considering doing the same.

Also, which ACR adapter are you using?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

180 days from check cashed. That is the Lucky Irishman adapter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone need a few of the Bren 805 retro magazines? I am going to have around five that I don’t need and will be looking to sell soon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who makes that CZ-805 Trigger Pack that will accept an "A2" pistol grip??  I really - REALLY like it!!

ALSO!!  Any ideals where I might find a CZ-805 Bren "Flash Hider Nut," product number 3700017001??  I have an original Czech military flash hider that I want to install on my rifle and this flash hider nut is needed... After having the barrel cut down to 14.25/14.50" and re-crowned/pinned to 16" to make it legal.   CZ USA has been out of stock on the part for months.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Who makes that CZ-805 Trigger Pack that will accept an "A2" pistol grip??  I really - REALLY like it!!

ALSO!!  Any ideals where I might find a CZ-805 Bren "Flash Hider Nut," product number 3700017001??  I have an original Czech military flash hider that I want to install on my rifle and this flash hider nut is needed... After having the barrel cut down to 14.25/14.50" and re-crowned/pinned to 16" to make it legal.   CZ USA has been out of stock on the part for months.

Thanks!!
View Quote
https://www.danhagadesigns.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I’d take a Robinson, scar or qualify piston AR over a CZ 805 bren
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!
I just did exactly what you are aiming to do. The easiest way will be to watch the EE for someone who takes off the flash hider and nut from a Bren pistol and lists them for sale. You will need to ensure that those parts are threaded M14x1LH which should be the case for the earlier Bren pistols. That way your CZ Bren flash hider will be compatible. Then you will need to make sure that the gunsmith you send it to can thread for Bren rifle barrel in M14x1LH after shortening it and pinning the FH on permanently. I used ADCO for that and they did a great job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’d take a Robinson, scar or qualify piston AR over a CZ 805 bren
View Quote
Have you tried one?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I called CZ yesterday and asked for an update on the Bren 2 for the US market. The guy I spoke to said he had no new information but said that if there was any news about it’s upcoming release, they would be announcing it at Shot Show.
Anyone have any new info on Bren 2 release? Or how one would go about getting on a wait list for one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I called CZ yesterday and asked for an update on the Bren 2 for the US market. The guy I spoke to said he had no new information but said that if there was any news about it’s upcoming release, they would be announcing it at Shot Show.
Anyone have any new info on Bren 2 release? Or how one would go about getting on a wait list for one?
View Quote
And 5 days later Bren 2's are for sale on GunBroker...

CZ knew these were coming. Guns don't just magically show up from another country without a lot of paperwork and signatures...
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you serious... I waited until 3 weeks ago... bit on the 805. I had no idea the bren 2 was this close and I looked hard before buying the 805. I got mine cheap unfired, now do I leave it unfired and try to sell for the bren 2, or just keep the 805 and roll with it? I dont think I'll be unhappy with the 805 at all, but with the bren 2 suddenly available I'm a little butthurt as I'd rather have the bren2 for the money I spent on acr stock adapter and stock, mlock rails, having the barrel chopped and pinned to 14.5 etc...
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are you serious... I waited until 3 weeks ago... bit on the 805. I had no idea the bren 2 was this close and I looked hard before buying the 805. I got mine cheap unfired, now do I leave it unfired and try to sell for the bren 2, or just keep the 805 and roll with it? I dont think I'll be unhappy with the 805 at all, but with the bren 2 suddenly available I'm a little butthurt as I'd rather have the bren2 for the money I spent on acr stock adapter and stock, mlock rails, having the barrel chopped and pinned to 14.5 etc...
View Quote
If you ever want to get rid of that acr stock adapter, I will be interested.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
So long as I possess the 805, I will never relinquish the ACR stock. I like it MUCH better than the original. If I had it my way, I'd just buy the Bren 2 on top of keeping this one.

Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So long as I possess the 805, I will never relinquish the ACR stock. I like it MUCH better than the original. If I had it my way, I'd just buy the Bren 2 on top of keeping this one.
http://i.imgur.com/B1wHS1C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ADSGETn.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/B1wHS1C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ADSGETn.jpg
Go search gun broker @hox ....They are now out.  7.62x39 & 5.56.  8", 11", and 14" pistol options.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I saw a local dealer post about getting a Bren 2 in and I didn't believe it.

Very surprised this came together right now. CZ has definitely handled this in an interesting way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you sir for taking one for the team. The gun gods appreciate your sacrifice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#43]
This is not a "wide" release just yet guys.

Apparently Bill Hicks, the distributor worked out a one time deal for the Bren 2.  Once these are gone, they are gone for the rest of 2018 as this is allegedly the only shipment for this year.  However, without saying as much, my contact did indeed confirm that they're coming in 2019 at some unknown time.

At least that's pretty good news!  Im hyper stoked.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, my LGS got 3 in. 8" 556, 9" 762, and 11" 762 pistols. Grabbed the 11" 762 ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Holding out hope for the Bren 2 in 16 in. rifle form. Would buy if available.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah, my LGS got 3 in. 8" 556, 9" 762, and 11" 762 pistols. Grabbed the 11" 762 ASAP.
View Quote
Tell us about it! And give us some pics!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just buy a 14" and perm attach whatever muzzle break you want to it.  I know 922 concerns...but ya know...
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just buy a 14" and perm attach whatever muzzle break you want to it.  I know 922 concerns...but ya know...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That'll be the direction I'll go unless I convince myself to SBR one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Pics galore...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nsT9LrwCUJtKGSc9
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pics galore...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nsT9LrwCUJtKGSc9
View Quote
Outstanding pics. Looks like the rear sling attachment got a bigger size.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top