Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2021 8:02:42 AM EDT
I did my first efile form 1 for a sbr but have been waiting for the 'cover sheet'.  It's been about 2 weeks and nothing.

I noticed guys in other threads are mailing in finger print cards the next day after they file, is everyone getting cover sheets back that fast?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Cover sheets are emailed almost immediately after the final "submit".
Did you enter a custom model name?
If so:
You may be stuck in Pending Research

If not:
Go to the homepage and click Submitted/In Process
Click on Form 1
The submitted form should show up and click on the View Form button under Actions
Click on Electronic Documents
If a Coverletter was generated, it'll be listed under File Name as Form1coverletter.pdf
Make sure it has a control number on it

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
As soon as you filed, you should have gotten a confirmation email from the ATF. That email has an attachment that is the cover sheet. Sometimes the attachment doesn't show if you open the email on a phone.

If you did get the email cover sheet two weeks ago, you've missed the 10 day window. Don't worry, they'll just reject it, return your $200 and you can refile. Exact same thing happened to me and the refile went through without an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top