Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2022 6:42:39 PM EDT
So I won this auction over the weekend (never thought I would with such a low bid)

Auction link here

I have a few concerns, wondering if the more knowledgeable Scar enthusiasts can put them to rest, or validate my concerns. I do have a 17 and a 16 that are BNIB so I'm sort of unfamiliar with wear patterns on these just yet

The first thing I noted was the barrel profile being the old version, which would be the 1:12 twist I believe. This is fine and all however, I'm stumped at the muzzle device, I've been scouring forums and internet articles but I have never seen that muzzle device be used on a 20s. The only one I see is the three prong for those early models. Is this something I should be worried about?
This brings me to my next point, the bolt appears to have some moderate wear which can be observed in the pictures around the charging handle area on both sides of the rifle.

Am I being paranoid? What are some things I should inspect before accepting the transfer?
If it looks half-ass decent should I just flip it for a newer model?

Any feedback or suggestions would be massively appreciated
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the seller present it as new-in-box, unfired,  or used?

Used is used.  Most people don't buy a gun to keep it in the box unfired.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s fine.  Shoot it and be happy!
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the seller present it as new-in-box, unfired,  or used?

Used is used.  Most people don't buy a gun to keep it in the box unfired.
View Quote

Definitely presented as used, I guess just trying to get a feel for "how used"

I get that buying used can be a bit of a crapshoot
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s a very good price. Based on the limited photos, there isn’t much wear in the carrier seen through the ejection port. Probably low round count. Don’t sweat it. Shoot it and enjoy it. Swap that muzzle device for something better.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That’s a very good price. Based on the limited photos, there isn’t much wear in the carrier seen through the ejection port. Probably low round count. Don’t sweat it. Shoot it and enjoy it. Swap that muzzle device for something better.
View Quote

Agreed on the price lol, I'm trying to figure out why someone would change the stock muzzle device
I'll be inspecting that thing with a magnifying glass when it arrives at my FFL
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed on the price lol, I'm trying to figure out why someone would change the stock muzzle device
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I assume the seller offered an inspection period?  I always sell "as is" and have always assumed that in buying.

They say:
Returns   Returns are not accepted for firearms after transfer to you by your dealer, so please inspect it carefully prior to transfer. A firearm may be returned at your expense prior to transfer within 3 days of receipt of the firearm by your dealer; however, a 20% restocking fee applies unless the item was incorrectly represented in this listing. Returns on items other than firearms are accepted with a 20% restocking fee if the item is in the same condition as when shipped. Please contact us prior to any return.

Unless the seller made some statement that the rifle was in some condition other than used I'm still confused.  If it's complete, functional and looks like the photos?

Obviously if it's rusty and has a bent barrel that's mis-represention.  

You could ask the seller about the muzzle device.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I assume the seller offered an inspection period?  I always sell "as is" and have always assumed that in buying.

They say:

Unless the seller made some statement that the rifle was in some condition other than used I'm still confused.  If it's complete, functional and looks like the photos?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They say:

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, if something looks amiss I'll send it back, the description didn't go into a bunch of detail on the condition.

This is a used FN America SCAR 20s semi-automatic rifle chambered for 7.62x51mm NATO/.308 Winchester. It features a 20-inch cold hammer forged threaded barrel, compenstor, full length picatinny rail for optic mounting, picatinny rail for acessory mounting, reciprocating charging handle, adjustable stock, manual saftey, and a Houge rubber grip. This ships in its factory box with one 20-round magazine. Although used this rifle is in excelent condition with only a handful of small scratches to the reciever from storage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Muzzle device looks like a PWS FSC30, which is standard on the SCAR 17S, I believe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just to follow this up, I ended up not accepting it and the seller offered me a full refund. The rifle showed up with significant rust and pitting on the barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top