Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2020 4:23:51 PM EDT
Should I be able to hear incoming radio audio in one or both ears? I just picked up a set of comtacs and only hear the audio in the left ear. The sound amp/noise reduction function works in both ears.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
both on single comms.

With dual comms, whichever downlead you are plugged into will be the side you hear.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap thats what I thought. I tried two different Disco32 ptts and fresh batteries with no luck. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Try pushing into PTT better.  Sometimes it seems fully plugged in but it’s not.  Otherwise, PTT probably not correct or wired right.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tried both ptts on my Sordins and have audio in both ears. Im thinking its not my ptts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been dealing with the one ear thing the entire time I've owned mine. Didn't even realize it was wrong. Guess it just doesn't bother me since I've found them to be fine every time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s the connection to the radio. I get this problem sometimes when the port on the radio is dirty or I get a bad spaghetti cable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top