Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2018 3:11:54 PM EDT
My dad has an old 22 rifle that has a tube magazine and can run in either semi-auto mode, or the bolt can be locked to run as a bolt-action, requiring a manual process to cycle the action between shots.  Nice gun except the tube magazine feeds horribly.

Is there any modern 22 rifle that works like this?  Or does something like the 10/22 need to be modified with a block that stops the action from cycling between shots?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a old Walther Model 1 rifle in 22lr, magazine fed Bolt/Semi Auto - sure is a fun gun to bring out to let others shoot.

There have been 10/22 devices to lock the bolt from moving - usually for suppressor use. Here is one I know of...  http://www.colossic.com/defenseproductboltlock.html  - but for $85.00, I can hold my 10/22 bolt closed with my finger.

Good luck,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a old Walther Model 1 rifle in 22lr, magazine fed Bolt/Semi Auto - sure is a fun gun to bring out to let others shoot.

There have been 10/22 devices to lock the bolt from moving - usually for suppressor use. Here is one I know of...  http://www.colossic.com/defenseproductboltlock.html  - but for $85.00, I can hold my 10/22 bolt closed with my finger.

Good luck,
Bob S.
View Quote
I need to 3d print something like that.  It might not last forever, but it will cost about a penny in materials.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Walther Model 1 rifle in 22lr
View Quote
I believe the Model 2 is also bolt and semi.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t know of any modern 22s that operate as either semi-auto or bolt action.  I have an old Savage Model 6B that might be what the OP’s father has.
It is is tube fed and you can either fire it as a semi-auto or lock the bolt so that after firing the bolt has to be pulled back to eject the empty and reload from the magazine.

Mine actually functions quite well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Saw one of these in a pawnshop 15 years ago..customer brought it in trying to sell it, claiming it was a "Nazi hideout gun" his dad brought back from the war. Got a good look at the action before he was told to leave..the barrel had been cut down to about 10", and the stock chopped to just behind the pistol grip. Have wanted a full length version ever since but the only one I've found was over $1500.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my dad an old Stevens 87 a few years ago so he could come plinking with me, and it operates like that. Tube mag, convertible semi-auto or quasi bolt action. Unfortunately it's very unreliable with pretty much any ammo; I need to tear it down and see if there's anything I can repair or replace to get it up and running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top