Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 3/28/2018 9:20:10 AM EDT
Been trying to hunt down a Colt M16A1 rifle but striking out at the ~$25,000 range. Looks like the stocking sellers are asking $28,000 at least. Non-Colt receivers seem to be running around $18-$19k, but I may have found a Colt AR15A2 in the same range. They’re the older slab side design, right? But without the SP1 front pin issue? Any regrets going with one of them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You can run an adapter to run a small pin upper, you can have someone like m60 joe convert it to take a small pin(I think he is not accepting work right now), or you can get big hole uppers which are made for them.

For non-colt lowers the sendra made ones seemed to be the best from my research with the bfi(bushmaster) converted ones being one of the best choices. I'd look for one of them and save the few grand over a colt conversion.

That or pay for the real colt m16.

I will say I ended up buying a factory m16a2 carbine as I got it for not much more than a m16a1 when I was looking a year ago. I was hoping to find a sendra bfi or a good price on a colt m16a1.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an SP1 and the large front pin is not that big of a deal to me, I still swap uppers easily. yes you can convert it as well if it gets to be a pain
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy an Olympic RR for several thousand less and send it to Victor at US anodizing.  For $800.00, he’ll fix the Olympic fitment issues and reanodize it in the color of your choice.  He told me his turnaround was 4-6 weeks, but he’s had mine about a week and he emailed me today that it’s ready for anodizing.  I’ll post picks when I get it back.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Disregard... figured since this would be the last machine gun I buy... went in for a Colt M16A1!!

Guess I will easily meet my New Year's resolution goal to lose weight... by starving.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disregard... figured since this would be the last machine gun I buy... went in for a Colt M16A1!!

Guess I will easily meet my New Year's resolution goal to lose weight... by starving.
View Quote
Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haha I said the same thing after I bought my m16. I said it again when I bought my m11. And of course I'm saving and looking for a third one right now
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Haha I said the same thing after I bought my m16. I said it again when I bought my m11. And of course I'm saving and looking for a third one right now
View Quote
Yea I did the same thing but in reverse. Bought a m10/45 first. Decided I was going to buy a m16 and was looking for like a sendra bushmaster and gave in and bought a colt m16a2 carbine(727). Meeting a guy I know money to look at a HK sear and a host.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats!

I've lived on ramen for months, to afford MGs. So welcome to the Transferable Weight-Loss Program!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats!

I've lived on ramen for months, to afford MGs. So welcome to the Transferable Weight-Loss Program!
And the best way to prevent the so-called rebound weight gain back after finally paying for a machine gun is to immediately buy another.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congratulations! That is fantastic.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top