Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2020 9:56:30 AM EDT
I have this SBR and am thinking of painting the upper, lower, buffer tube, and handguard along with mag base plate and grip plug either OD green or FDE.  leaving everything else black.

If anyone has a similar scheme, please show me. And also what color combo would the community vote for?

Thanks everyone!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
This is kinda green.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I also like @GIVEMEMYTOYS green tiger stripe: Similar might look good on yours.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Did this last weekend, just didn't paint buffer tube.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback!  Great looking weapons all around.  I particularly like the micro tiger stripe!

I couldn't make my mind up between FDE or OD green, so I just went with white!  Stripped, taped, and painted everything yesterday, will wait until this weekend to re-assemble after it's all good and completely cured.

I'll prob get some flack for the white, as it is in no shape, form, or fashion utilitarian or useful; but damn it's gonna look cool!  I painted the stripped upper, stripper lower, mag base plates, handguard, stock body and grip plug white, leaving everything else black.

I'll post pics when I get it all back together.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
White is where it’s at. Of course I’m biased.

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
White is where it’s at. Of course I’m biased.

https://i.imgur.com/YAunglY.jpg
View Quote
YISSS

Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Here she is put back together. I need to take a wire brush to her and scuff up the edges to give her a weathered look.  But I think she turned out pretty nice :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top