User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:37:27 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Yes, to the chagrin of many I do not have the Garand or M1A any longer. But there have been a few constants, the 870, the Marlin 60, a Glock of one sort or another and the SLR-95. Although Glocks were always present they were usually different models from the previous ones between pics.

First pic was taken in 1999, second in 2007, third in 2010, fourth in 2013 and the last one today. Although there have been many more changes throughout the years, this just gives a visual idea of how the priorities have changed for me over time. It also shows the quality improvement of phone cameras over the years too......

Calibers from left to right are 5.56, 6.8spc, .45acp, 6.8spc, .40s&w, 7.62x39, .40s&w, 7.62x39, 10mm, 12ga, 12ga, .22lr, .22lr and .30-06(which will be getting a 4x Leupy on soon).

Yes I have more Remingtons than any other, but I have at least one Colt and one Sig now, so that should offset the Remington hate.

I lack any stainless firearms or revolvers and although I have no intentions of adding any stainless ones, I will be adding my one and only revolver very soon, a 3.75" bbl Ruger Vaquero with birds head grip in .45acp. It may seem like an odd choice considering what I have, but I just want it, is any other reason necessary?

Who knows how long this latest bunch will stay constant, I'm reluctant to say forever, things just change, but I feel pretty content right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I like your 2 is one setups there on the ak and 6.8's. I'd like to do the same on my go-to's one day.

I wish I had done photo's like this. my safe has been a revolving door as well. forever changing. I think the only constants have been my marlin model 60, a ruger mkII and a Mossberg 12ga. everything else has changed countless times. my glock 17 is the newest old timer in the safe pushing almost 10 years of ownership. although it has had some mods since inception.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You got all the evil guns now. You're supposed to go the other way when you get older.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You got all the evil guns now. You're supposed to go the other way when you get older.
View Quote
Oh I am going the other way, the one before the 5.56 AR was a 7600 fudd pump gun and will be taking delivery of a Vaquero in a day or so. But I don't think it'll go much further then that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's all relative. I have young guys at the range who make snarky comments about the A2 stock on my AR. To them, I am just an old Fudd.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Not complete collection photos but here is a chronological set of group photos...

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I am from the BATFE and I am here to help.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
lol Popping your NFA cherry is addictive I did 2 suppressors and a sbr before 41P hit and would love to add a dozen or two more!
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Have aged graciously into trying shorter, lighter, higher capacity, quieter and more accurate.  Even bought a couple plastic fantastics. Don't hunt much anymore and was scared to shoot a lot of em due to reducing value of blued/walnut.  Am keeping some of the classics, but only the ones I intend to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]
You should see how a collection changes through 2 divorces.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very interesting ! Thank you for the clever subject, and the insightful ( as a result of your thread ) thinking on my end .
View Quote
The changes reflect my learning more about firearms and my experiences with them under various situations. I discover what works, what doesn't and what is most practical for the majority of uses. As I don't hunt as much as I used to my "hunting" guns are fewer than my defensive/sporting guns. But also going through various accessories and optics the experiences have helped me narrow those down to the most practical and useful items that I otherwise would not have considered.
A big lesson for me was in using magnified optics, for the most part a simple red dot is good enough for most uses and is much better at reflexive shooting where the targets are moving quickly. I've also moved to lesser capacity magazines for the tac carbines, finding them lighter, more compact and easier to use at the range. Since none are full auto, 15 to 20 rounds is plenty for any situations I may encounter. I still maintain 30-rounders for the AR's, but all my AK mags are 20-rounders.
So it is a learning experience and I really don't regret selling off or trading what I have except for the ones I've re-bought, but still, it's all part of that learning and adapting to what works for me and what doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Even since I started this thread I have already made a few changes to my handguns, getting rid of the Vaquero I planned to buy earlier and buying another G23.4. I'm also losing the Sig P220 Elite SAO 10mm to get yet another G23.4. I hate to sound wishy-washy, but considering how I've bought/sold/traded over the years it certainly appears that I am wishy-washy and don't know what I want.

But I do want G23.4's, I feel they are the perfect handgun. I have no inclinations to change the long-guns as of yet, holding steady there so far. But when it's said and done, it'll be one Combat Commander and four G23.4's for the handguns. I hope to be done, but you just never know.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]
You, Sir, have an admirable collection and a respectable evolution.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You, Sir, have an admirable collection and a respectable evolution.
View Quote
@amprecon Thank you sir! You know as well as I do that a collection is never done growing and changing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top