Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2019 2:04:52 AM EDT
I knew this knife was above average in size, but dang. Anyone else use this thing?
New EDC? Just arrived in the mail ($52 via amazon), I'm gonna give it a whirl for the next week.

BladeHQ
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a nice original CS XL & also an X2.  the X2 is huge and fully serrated.
sorry, can`t find the pics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
you should try an Espada XL! (I wear XL gloves)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got one and I actually really like it. Everyone’s first reaction is “holy fuck!”
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a knife...
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
That's one thing Cold Steel does well: big ass folders.  Some may think they're useless or not practical, which is understandable, but in some locals, fixed blades are verboten.  Surprisingly, Cold Steels "Tri-Ad" lock is quite stout and robust.  Still a "folding" knife, but they will still fit in the pocket (mostly larger cargo styled pants pockets), and still give you reach and something to do light chopping with if needed.  If you feel the need or just want a large folder, Cold Steel has good value...and I'm not necessarily a fan boy of Cold Steel.

I have a few other Cold Steel additions and a couple other "large folders" to add into the picture family, but I really like them (the orange handled fixed blade is an ESEE 4):

Updated with new members to the family, the bottom center fixed blade (Mad Dog PATAK) is the largest fixed blade I carried as EDC (in uniform) and it has a 5.5" blade:

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Also just picked up the Espada XL. This thing is absolutely ridiculous and will become my normal carry knife in uniform. People stop asking to use your knife when you show them this thing.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top