Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2021 4:40:41 PM EDT
Bought my first ever Co2 gun. Crosman 2240.  

Whats a decent price for cartridges?
Any brands to shy from?  Or look for?  

I'm getting the gun from Pyramid Air and added a 40ct box of Crosman cartridges.

But love hearing options and opinions.  

Buddy told me to put a drop of pellgunoil on the tip of the cartridge every 2 cartridges or so. Said he's gone 40years on the same of seals doing it this way.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The Crosman cartridges are among the top brands, and are generally easier to find locally in any store that sells airguns.  

The Pelgun oil helps keep the seal at the top of the cartridge from sticking and may help keep the moving parts lubricated.  However, lacking Pelgun oil, if you rub the nose of the cartridge in your hair before installing will also keep it from sticking.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. A lot you can do to mod the 2400, get rid of the plastic parts, squeeze more power out of them. I'll second the crossman C02 and Pellgun oil tip.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Walmart, 40 ct for $15.46 best deal I can find.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-12-Gram-CO2-Powerlet-Cartridges-for-Air-Rifles-and-Pistols-40-Count/19426365

Yes, they show out of stock a lot... Keep at it. Check nearby. Buy online if in stock and wait for the email that says "ready for pick up"... Many times it will say "we had to cancel your items as the are not in stock".

So their system is not 100% but I have scored 2- 40 ct boxes and am ok for a bit.

Big 5 has the 25 ct in stock near me... $25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top