Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Keepin' it fresh.

Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
SBS + rifled slug.

Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing,  that looks like quite the fun little beast. How are the magpul stocks on that comfort wise? I have an older police trade in Wingmaster i have been debating doing somethjng with.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing,  that looks like quite the fun little beast. How are the magpul stocks on that comfort wise? I have an older police trade in Wingmaster i have been debating doing somethjng with.
View Quote
Thanks for the comment! It is a fun little shotgun - though I wish it was a 12" barrel and that my Magpul stock could be even a bit shorter. Comfort-wise, I'm really happy with it.

Side note: there was quite a difference in noise/blast and felt recoil when I ran the rifled slug vs. the Federal home-defense 00 buckshot. Seriously, it felt like it was twice as loud and the punch was twice as hard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
About your stock length being shorter comment, do those stocks have removable spacers or something? I have only seen those in pics so i could be mistaken. I will have to google them
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes they do. They come with four plastic spacers that you can add one at a time. I’m running my stock as short as it can go as designed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
MEH.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]
That is sweet also, i like the wood on that
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Bumping the thread but with some info that the next person may find valuable....

Like others on this thread before me, I just ordered a barrel with sights from JD at AI&P Tactical (https://tacticalgunsling.com/). Super friendly guy. Said that if he has the item in stock it's on the web store & if he's out of any particular item he removes it from the website (he doesn't believe in 'backorder' sales).
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Remington is having a 35% off sale this weekend. Can get a pretty good deal on 870 barrels. Lots of options.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is pretty much done

Have to give big props to @AZ_SBR for this thread & the numerous updates to it. I leaned heavily on much of the info in this thread to do mine, up to & including the soft case to put the thing in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine is pretty much done

Have to give big props to @AZ_SBR for this thread & the numerous updates to it. I leaned heavily on much of the info in this thread to do mine, up to & including the soft case to put the thing in.
View Quote
Thanks for the acknowledgement, man! Keep the pics coming, guys.

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#14]
@AZ_SBR I posted pics of mine very early in this thread over a year ago.  Here are a couple more after a few tweaks:
  • Different light mount (gets everything out of the way of my thumb, but still easily reachable to operate)
  • Changed out the +1 extension to one with a bottom bracket so I could add a simple sling
  • Added TalonGrip to the forearm and stock.  
  • Had Rose Action Sports thread the barrel for chokes

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@AZ_SBR I posted pics of mine very early in this thread over a year ago.  Here are a couple more after a few tweaks:
  • Different light mount (gets everything out of the way of my thumb, but still easily reachable to operate)
  • Changed out the +1 extension to one with a bottom bracket so I could add a simple sling
https://i.imgur.com/jGioo3i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ckj6woo.jpg
View Quote
Looks great, man!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/jGioo3i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ckj6woo.jpg
View Quote
Yamadog, what is the light offset mount you have here?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yamadog, what is the light offset mount you have here?

Thanks,
D
View Quote
Echo Nine Three
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Thanks!!
D
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally got around to ordering the XS low pro barrel..  I am going to send it off to Vang Comp to have them do the barrel work.

D
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Two stamped SBS’ & a Tac-14AB. All 3 with different barrels & sights. Middle shorty is my HD tool that was inspired by this thread ??
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112417/C097F5B8-41AE-46B3-BC94-BAA828A0B242_jpeg-932074.JPG

Two stamped SBS’ & a Tac-14AB. All 3 with different barrels & sights. Middle shorty is my HD tool that was inspired by this thread ??
View Quote
Awesome, man! Nice trio!
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#22]
To answer someone 's question about the long side saddle, I dislike those since they block the trigger guard when you are left eye dominant.

After seeing your thread I watched most of the LG videos. I like his And your SBS since I like nice and simple.

In the "buckshot at long distance" video I grabbed this screen shot of Johnson's SBS. It's a little different, and has the vang comp porting. I'm still not convinced I would like that modification.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top