Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 11:49:53 AM EDT
Evidently a clipped and pinned trigger housing for an MP5 will not got an SP5. Some very minor differences. Who would the hive recommend for these additional little modifications?

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
MP5s don't need clipped and pinned housings, HK94s do.

The shelf is a different height (and width) on a '94 than on an SP5, and needs a slightly different cut.  Anybody who knows anything about MP5s can do it.  You can do it.  It's not hard.

FWIW, a lower clipped and pinned for an HK 94 will have more material removed than one clipped and pinned for an SP5.  You could convert a clip and pin from an SP5 to a '94, but not the other way around.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MP5s don't need clipped and pinned housings, HK94s do.

The shelf is a different height (and width) on a '94 than on an SP5, and needs a slightly different cut.  Anybody who knows anything about MP5s can do it.  You can do it.  It's not hard.

FWIW, a lower clipped and pinned for an HK 94 will have more material removed than one clipped and pinned for an SP5.  You could convert a clip and pin from an SP5 to a '94, but not the other way around.
View Quote

So you are saying a trigger housing clipped and pinned for an HK94 will not need any additional work and will fit?

ETA: I was under the impression it was the other way around...like these pics.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you intending to put this on?

If you are putting it on an SP5, a housing clipped for a '94 has too much material removed.  The 'MP5' housing in the picture above is unmodified, as it comes from the elves of the Black Forest.

In this picture you can see the additional material removed for a '94 style' clip and pin (second from right).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Putting on SP5 and SP5K. So, I need to get the MP5 to the SP5.

Anyone know people that do that?

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I added a pic while you were typing.

The 'shelf' on the SP5 is smaller in width, and lower (or farther from the receiver) than on the '94.  As a result, the shelf intrudes less into the trigger housing and requires less material to be removed than on the '94.

If you have any craft skills at all, it's not hard to do (especially for the SP5).  I've done it a few times with a dremel and a few hand files. Get a crappy jacked up SEF housing and try it once, then give it a go on a nice shiney new one.

Or, anybody who calls themselves an HK smith will do it for $100 or so.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
HKParts housings went way up in price. I clipped and pinned my own housings for both standard shelf and SP5 using a drill press, end mill, and an xy vise mounted on the press. It’s not precise, but got the job done.

Left one I milled for standard shelf. Right is the one I milled for SP5
You can see on the left you gotta take out a whole lot of material. This caused my vice to slip and the end mill chewed off too much on the top steel part. It’s not really supposed to be cut straight across on the top based on what I’ve seen but it still works.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I ran into this issue with my SP5k.

Mike @ TSC knows exactly what needs to be done. He also had to make a minor adjustment to my registered sear pack (the pack frame, NOT the expensive sear itself) so that I could use it in all my hosts.

Not a big deal, it just takes somebody who knows what they are doing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mike and his crew at http://tscmachine.com/

I cannot say enough good things about these fine people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can not agree more. Mike is awesome with HK's. I had a clone engraved by him and he is local enough that I was able to drive over. The stuff in his shop is impressive and the amount of knowledge he displayed just in casual conversion while his assistant setup the laser was mid blowing. That man most likely will forget more HK knowledge then most of us will ever have.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can not agree more. Mike is awesome with HK's. I had a clone engraved by him and he is local enough that I was able to drive over. The stuff in his shop is impressive and the amount of knowledge he displayed just in casual conversion while his assistant setup the laser was mid blowing. That man most likely will forget more HK knowledge then most of us will ever have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you both.  That is the info I was looking for. I’ll get hold of Mike.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top