Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 10:11:27 PM EDT
I consider this a classic deer rifle. It was built by Grant Dick, who was a fairly well known rifle builder in North East Ohio. It was built in the late 50's, it is a very accurate rifle, it has not been shot that much and the metal retains 90%+ of its bluing. I have had it for awhile but only recently taken it out and shot it, it is in 30-06.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the market is like for these rifles? These aren't the best pictures but give a general idea.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics not loading for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I consider this a classic deer rifle. It was built by Grant Dick, who was a fairly well known rifle builder in North East Ohio. It was built in the late 50's, it is a very accurate rifle, it has not been shot that much and the metal retains 90%+ of its bluing. I have had it for awhile but only recently taken it out and shot it, it is in 30-06.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the market is like for these rifles? These aren't the best pictures but give a general idea.

http://www.uralrider.com/cd1.jpg
http://www.uralrider.com/cd2.jpg
View Quote

Without pics, I am assuming it is a standard looking blued action in a wood stock, with wear typical of a rifle that has been out in the woods and is 70+ years old. With that in mind I would value the rifle around 500-600, although that might be a stretch as their are countless people looking for the latest and greatest in rifles. When the Bergara B14 can be had for around $750-800, and the tikka options are available for not much more, not too many people are going to want to drop any money on an old mauser action rifle. And let's face facts: 30-06 and mauser actions aren't really all that popular right now, regardless of how effective they are. Also, you are going to have to explain who Grant Dick is to every potential buyer, and it sounds like he only had a regional following. All that being said, an old hunting rifle is going to sit for awhile unless you price it to sell, which would probably be closer to the $400 range. My 2 cents, YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Turp - I've gotta agree with you on this. The only reason I'm interested is that it looks much like one my grandfather in PA had back when I was but a wee lad. It might be quality, but if the price is in spitting distance of a Tikka or RPR, it looses a lot of luster.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle, there’s a small market for sporterised 98’s, any markings left over from its military past?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rifle, there's a small market for sporterised 98's, any markings left over from its military past?
View Quote
It is a post war Belgium FN commercial action.  I only have about 75 post so my pictures wont show till they are approved by a moderator, It is a great shooting rifle, the trigger has no play at all in it and it breaks right at 3lbs. The pictures don't do the bluing justice, it is a very deep black, no rust anywhere on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top