Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2020 7:33:34 PM EDT
I work for a large south Florida FFL and NFA dealer. I run the NFA department.

We seem to sell “a lot” of silencers at our store.

I was wondering for those of you in the business:

How many silencers do you average per day/week/month sales wise??

For example, I sold 5 just today. On average my store/department averages 1-3 silencers per day in sales.

I’d like to know where we stand in terms of silencer volume compared to others and I don’t know where else to ask.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe ask your suppliers what their % encrease appears to be. (I doubt they'd tell you the count volume, but they might tell you're they're xx% higher YTD than last year. Then you do the math.  Using suppliers would likely be a more useful comparison since they will be an aggregate of sellers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Florida has the 2nd highest suppressor ownership after Texas, 118,097 as of May 2019.  Texas has 330,806.  The #3 state is way behind (Georgia at 82,003.). Seems like an FL SOT would sell a higher volume of suppressors than a dealer in say Rhode Island which only has 91 registered suppressors.

source: Page 15 https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/report/2019-firearms-commerce-report/download

Likewise, FL has the 2nd highest number of Manufacturer (441) and Dealer (447) SOTs after Texas.  Page 17 of that same link above.

According to page 12, there were 128,324 Form 4's filed in 2018.  Assuming a weighted distribution based on 02/03 SOTs, that means FL would have had roughly 8,662 of the Form 4s in that year.  Based on the distribution of registered NFA items in FL, 55% are suppressors if we exclude Destructive Devices from the total.  The vast majority of DDs are going to be flashbangs going to LE departments on a Form 5.  Not all, but I excluded the entirety of the number anyway.

So 55% of 8,662 Form 4's is 4,674 suppressors sold in FL in 2018.  You have 888 entities in FL that could have sold those suppressors, which is an average of 5 per entity for the whole year.  Based on your claim, you sell more in 2 days than the average dealer sells in a year.

If you are selling 1-3 per day, 6 days a week, you are between 312 and 936 suppressors per year.  Or anywhere from 7% to 20% of the total for the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top