Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2022 8:06:42 AM EDT
This thread at GD got me wondering...https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Distraction-device/5-2571663/

So what's the best available, civilian legal flashbangs on the market?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The only good ones with sound are some of the Blank Firing Grenades or those that use primers. They're popular in airsoft since they work, unlike the Thunder-B grenades. You don't get the flash but you do get the bang. They also have the advantage of not being as pyro as a real flashbang and they are reusable.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received the one mentioned in the link.

I'll be testing it out soon with short 12ga blanks.

I won't be able to compare it to a real flash bang since I've never experienced one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Oh I have some lol....

After seeing how they were used during the summer of love, I bought about a hundred cartridges. Those and smoke grenades will come flying out of my vehicle as a warning before switching to lead. Only issue is lighting them under NODs is a bitch

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I got some of the Taginn ones before the sanctions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wish I got some of the Taginn ones before the sanctions.
View Quote

Yea I cant find taginn anywhere....what's up with that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yea I cant find taginn anywhere....what's up with that?
View Quote

The Russian sanctions. FJB
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#9]
No flash, but the plastic  co2 airsoft ones are pretty damn distracting when they rupture
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh I have some lol....

After seeing how they were used during the summer of love, I bought about a hundred cartridges. Those and smoke grenades will come flying out of my vehicle as a warning before switching to lead. Only issue is lighting them under NODs is a bitch

View Quote

@axeeclipse14  You aint joking.  I watched fireworks under nods this year & it was intense.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#11]
@Hayashi_Killian  You have a link for those?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Not handy. Most of them are made overseas, such as in the UK. Blanks and primers are easy to get there due to reenacting, so many will accept them. If you want to be safe, one that uses primers only. They will accept single or multiple 209 primers in a base that's rotated so you can reuse it several times before reloading.

Some of the blank ones have enough capacity to accept an actual cartridge, and not a blank, so that enters a very dangerous area with regards to importing firearms and potentially destructive devices.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Hayashi_Killian  You have a link for those?
View Quote

reloadable flash-bangs at Tactical Shit
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Just experiment with the length of the fuse.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Got some IWA's coming in. We'll see how they work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

IWA?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shhhhhhhhh!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't shush him!!! do tell...
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have some M13's. Not as flashy or bangy as the real thing, but the real thing ain't that big of a deal anyways. IMHO even the real ones are literally what they say are, a distraction device. In other words, its a way to keep the occupants of a room slightly more reactive and less proactive to your entry. "What is that? Do I need to get behind something?" or disorienting someone already not on guard (ie asleep in their bed, etc) The M13 ones do their best work in enclosed spaces, or on occupants of enclosed spaces-- especially at night when the flash effect is more noticeable and more importantly, the initial pop of the starter fuze from the spoon flying off can be much more difficult to discern from an actual explosive.

This is not a videogame where they have to turn and look at the corner or their screen turns white, or it slows down their aim, its literally like a firework. Now, that might not sound like much, but if your adversary is untrained or ill prepared or perhaps thinks it may be something else entirely (ie an actual grenade or explosive) then that .25sec or so of extra hesitation could mean the difference between your #1 guy becoming a door jamb or making into the room successfully.

IMHO they are most useful after executing a ballistic breach, since you've already given up the element of surprise at that point (without significantly disorienting the occupants like you would with an explosive breach) and should seek to regain it to whatever limited extent you can. A distraction device can help do that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top