Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2023 3:11:42 PM EDT
Does anyone know the inventory depths of the CMP brick-n-mortar stores for M1903 Springfield and M1 Garands?  Do they have dozens left?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  I called the Anniston, AL store today, and the lady on the Customer Service extension didn't seem to know many details.  I see the auctioned items on the "e Store" (North and South).  Are "all" rifles those stores possess on the floor for sale?  Or, instead, is there a warehouse somewhere stocked full of N.O.S. G.I. rifles waiting to be stripped of cosmoline and marketed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the CMP forums and check out the store report threads. They give an update on store inventories and can give some indication what you might see in the always changing inventory they have for sale in the stores.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They just put out an ammo sale yesterday on the E-store.  The .30 carbine sold out in a couple of hours even though there was a limit of 2 per customer.  I tried to order, but kept getting the "citizenship" block.  Every single time I try to order ammo online from them I get this.  I have to then send in another proof of citizenship to be able to order, which usually doesn't get cleared up very quickly.  Does anyone's citizenship status change quickly enough to not justify keeping that info on record permanently?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't get the answer you seek. CMP will not divulge how many M1s are left. Many years ago, I was able to get a peek behind the curtain and saw hundreds of crates, each had dozens of rifles. When you picked up even a rack or field grade, they were nice rifles. Service grades looked new. Then they got 80+ K of Philippine returns. Not so nice. Service grades looked to barely make the old field grades. Most all had pitting. Today? Who knows. I was there two months ago, and for weeks before I went, I watched the store reports, every day they had dozens of rifles put out on the floor. When I got there, they had nearly 40 service grades out and all looked pretty good. I picked up a nice SA service, probably the last one I'll ever get. My guess? Unless they have another batch coming from who-knows-where, whatever they have in the warehouse is it. Maybe a couple more years' worth. If you want one, get it now. You can only order racks and CMP specials online. If you want a field or service you have to make a trip to the store, they don't post those online anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top