Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 1:15:53 PM EDT
Wonder if anyone has info on the Citadel LevTac rifles. I’be been wanting the Marlin Dark or Henry BBX, but with this this being a lot cheaper and already having an MLok rail I could save some money. I’ve read that it’s basically a Rossi 92 but honestly don’t know much about them either. Also wondering if the LevTac rifle would take the Boyd’s stock for the 92 that looks a lot better than that normal sloped stock they come with.  This would be my first lever action and don’t want to ruin them for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in the same boat since I got a few hundred 357 magnum and 38 left I wanted to get a lever action for it.  Citadel is just a Rossi 92 with all the bell and whistles, closest to it was the Rossi R92 Dark which fetched $800-$1000 on auction.   A $700 - $800 Cintedal is a bargain in my book.  

Action on this one is smooth and trigger is nice smooth  4-5 lbs is my guess, noticeably better than the gritty older Rossi 357 Ranch Hand I had.  I'm planning to put a Leupold 2.7x28 Scout on it, but extruded rear sight prevent me from putting it as low as possible.  I didn't want to remove the dovetail sight, found out I was able to screw off the aperture part of it, saved me a few mm  

Citadel LEVTAC-92 Lever Action Rifle

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the same boat since I got a few hundred 357 magnum and 38 left I wanted to get a lever action for it.  Citadel is just a Rossi 92 with all the bell and whistles, closest to it was the Rossi R92 Dark which fetched $800-$1000 on auction.   A $700 - $800 Cintedal is a bargain in my book.  

Action on this one is smooth and trigger is nice smooth  4-5 lbs is my guess, noticeably better than the gritty older Rossi 357 Ranch Hand I had.  I'm planning to put a Leupold 2.7x28 Scout on it, but extruded rear sight prevent me from putting it as low as possible.  I didn't want to remove the dovetail sight, found out I was able to screw off the aperture part of it, saved me a few mm  

https://i.imgur.com/FLIP9Gil.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOZPJlLVFY

View Quote

Is it threaded?  I’ve found pictures that show it is and reviews that say it wasn’t. A seller told me that it was threaded as well but not sure if they put hands on it to make certain and I’m not wanting to pay their restocking fees if it isn’t.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is threaded 1/2x28, running 3 lug Omega 9K on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine is threaded 1/2x28, running 3 lug Omega 9K on it.
View Quote

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that rail available separately?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
yes

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-marmr.htm
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-marmr.htm

That will fit a Rossi?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That will fit a Rossi?
View Quote

I don’t think it does.
But I’d like to know.

@lilMAC25 have you put one on an r92? It’s made for a different gun...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don’t think it does.
But I’d like to know.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will fit a Rossi?

I don’t think it does.
But I’d like to know.

No, I haven’t, but those guys are, and I’m 87% sure I’ve seen other articles about people making them work. I’m trying to find one of those articles.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/FLIP9Gil.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOZPJlLVFY

View Quote

@VectorPenTool, do you know if it’ll accept the Boyd’s stock for the Rossi 92?  Also, I’ve read where someone was having trouble cycling 38’s, any problems there for you?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure on Rossi 92 furnitures.  No issue cycling 38s.   Here is how Mlok hand guard attached, top of it is open expose barrel screwed on to a clamp over barrel and mag tube.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked one up in March without knowing much about them. Figured, what the heck, right? Shoots 38 and 357 no problem. Have put more 38 reloads through it than anything else and no issues. Have added: paracord wrap for the loop, old sling, surplus red dot, some rail scales for better grip, and a used SF 300. Barrel is threaded 1/2 x 28, no suppressors to be had in my neck of the woods - yet. I really like it. Compact, lightweight, and no recoil.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top