Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2020 2:08:46 PM EDT
I've seen these being sold his anyone had experience with them? They are virtus barrels that are chrome lined. I've only seen a very few select places that sell them to mil/le. @coregon
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a mil/LE offering.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they a special order item, or available for any agency that wants them? Be nice to have more options for the commercial market.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Curious, is there any particular reason those barrels are reserved for LE/MIL only? I'd personally prefer a CL/CHF barrel over nitride coating.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are they a special order item, or available for any agency that wants them? Be nice to have more options for the commercial market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Available to any agency.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious, is there any particular reason those barrels are reserved for LE/MIL only? I'd personally prefer a CL/CHF barrel over nitride coating.

The original decision was there because we didnt have suppressor mounts that would take a 14.5" barrel to 16" with a P&W.  

It's never been a conscious decision to NOT offer to commercial market, only that "most" people, when dealing with an SBR or pistol, want a shorter barrel than 14.5".  

That decision has continually been justified by the lack of demand/request on the commercial market for 14.5".
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally only benefit of chrome lining over nitride is in sustained full auto fire.

Corrosion? Nitride
Accuracy? Nitride
Barrel life? exactly the same.

Sig cold hammer forges all mcx barrels according to their literature so that’s not a factor.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Literally only benefit of chrome lining over nitride is in sustained full auto fire.

Corrosion? Nitride
Accuracy? Nitride
Barrel life? exactly the same.

Sig cold hammer forges all mcx barrels according to their literature so that’s not a factor.
View Quote

But are they nitrided? I've only seen 1 source say that. It was published before the official release.

Id disagree with the rest of what you said besides accuracy.
Any sustained fire should benefit from CL. Idk about you but my barrels get hot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Update they have one on GB. Thinking about getting it and cutting to either 13.7 or 12.5. I'm sure 13.5 would work. Anyone see why 12.5 wouldnt? I'm one of those people willing to pay for one of a kind I guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Update to this thread if any one cares. Their chrome lined Barrel is just as accurate. Was getting .6" grouos with the same reloads that get the same group size on our 16 inch barrel. I was very impressed and I'm hard to impress.

Likewise have a Noveske cold hammer-forged double chrome-lined Barrel in the same length shoots alittle larger 5 shot groups. About .8 moa.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Available to any agency.  

The original decision was there because we didnt have suppressor mounts that would take a 14.5" barrel to 16" with a P&W.  

It's never been a conscious decision to NOT offer to commercial market, only that "most" people, when dealing with an SBR or pistol, want a shorter barrel than 14.5".  

That decision has continually been justified by the lack of demand/request on the commercial market for 14.5".
View Quote

Also id say there is some demand for chf CL barrels and 14.5s for p/w's. Now I just wish they made a 12" CL

That I mean the commercial Market doesn't have to deal with the laws of 16 inch barrels
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
My MCX Viritus has a chrome lined barrel. Does Sig offer nitrided MCX barrels?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top