Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2018 7:14:51 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a great deal on decent gen 2 NODs? Been looking into get into it and Gen 2 is the route I'm going due to price.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You can find an Armasight pvs-14 Gen2 HD for just over 2k all day. Make sure you get the HD model though. Also NGI pvs-14 Gen 2+ is pretty great too although they've recently raised their price a bit. If you don't want to swing the 2k then NGI(Night Goggles) sells something called the Night Optics Ambia gen2+ for $1400 which appears to give similar performance to the gen2 pvs-14 although I don't have first hand experience with the Ambia. My gen2 pvs-14s do pretty well against my gen3 pvs-14 that has a signal to noise of 29.9. I would imagine you wont be disappointed with a good gen2 pvs-14.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, look for used gen 3, gen 3 lasts so much longer than a gen 2 tube. You can find good 3 units for around the price of new gen 2 units. I will be putting my ITT gen 3 monocular forsale in the near future and it will be around or under the price of a gen 2. Even with a blem gen 3 tube the gains and life of the tube is so much better. Yes you do take a risk with used units but its not difficult to fine a really decent used one.

Just my .02.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My bride uses a gen 2 she got from night goggles/tnvc.  Plenty usable.  Was under 1900 if I remember right.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I gota new Gen2+ from night ops tactical autogated, 10k tube life for 1500. For an urban environment it works excellent, but without supplemental IR in dark areas it failed miserably compared to a high spec Gen3. If your handy you can build a high spec gen 3 for @ 2200 or buy one with a 10 year warranty from JRH enterprises  for 2899. TNVC will hand pick a higher spec tube at no charge starting @ 3100 IIRC
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
No selling in the tech forum please....... coctailer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top